Even though there were MORE GA absentee ballots in 2020 there were fewer rejections...WHY??

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Would anyone explain this ?

The rejection rate for absentee votes in Georgia in 2016 was 6.4 percent;
The rejection rate for absentee votes in Georgia in 2020 was 0.6 percent;

The rate of mail-in ballots rejected for errors, such as a missed deadline or use of an incorrect return envelope,
plummeted from 6.4% in 2016 to 3.1% in 2018 to 0.6% in this year’s Nov. 3 election, according to state records.

Georgia election officials said changes in their election laws since 2018 account for the lower rate of discarded ballots.
So what were the changes?
  • Georgia election data from 122 of 159 counties show absentee ballots were less likely this year to be discarded because
  • of mismatched signatures and
  • missing information,
  • a result of a simplified ballot envelope and
  • a requirement that voters be notified so they can fix issues.
In all, election officials rejected at least 11,433 absentee-by-mail ballots, about 1% of the record 1.15 million absentees cast in Georgia’s primary.

Trump lost by 12,670 votes, or about 0.26 percentage points.
More Details on How Georgia Reported Different Numbers of Absentee Ballots for Days After the Election – Ultimately Adding Thousands of Ballots to Ensure the Biden Steal

In 2020, 2,011 out of 1,322,529 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for missing or non-matching signatures with a rejection rate of 0.15%. Both 2018 and 2020 has the same rejection rate of 0.15% for signature issues, the Georgia Secretary of State said.

In 2020, 2,011 out of 1,322,529 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for missing or non-matching signatures with a rejection rate of 0.15%. Both 2018 and 2020 has the same rejection rate of 0.15% for signature issues, the Georgia Secretary of State said.
Where is your source? YOU are making that up! Give me a link I did for you!

See Post #2

Why do you keep spreading misinformation?

See Post #2

And why are you telling me to go back to something? So simple to copy link and paste! Why should I go to the effort to help you prove something? That's your job! Give me the LINK!

See Post #2

And why are you telling me to go back to something? So simple to copy link and paste! Why should I go to the effort to help you prove something? That's your job! Give me the LINK!

Georgia Secretary of State says your OP is full of shit

See Post #2

Provide me the links. I don't believe a word YOU write.

See Post #2

Cant you read?

See Post #2

Cant you read?
Why are you so lazy? Just add the link, IF THERE IS ONE!!!

See Post #2

Cant you read?
How stupid! Plus can't you spell? 3 WORDS and you can't spell them correctly! How totally dumb!

See Post #2

Cant you read?
Why are you so lazy? Just add the link, IF THERE IS ONE!!!

Ummmm.....see post #2
Can‘t you read?

See Post #2

The GA SOS is a POS. Corrupt as they come. Ask his brother who works for the Chinese.

FACTS: From this source..

That verification process reviewed signatures on absentee ballot envelopes when they were received at county election offices. Then ballots are separated from envelopes to protect the secret ballot, leaving no way to link voters to the candidates they chose.
Another review of signatures on absentee ballot envelopes wouldn’t change election results during Georgia’s recount. That’s because even if more voter signatures were found to be invalid, election workers couldn’t connect those faulty signatures to a ballot after it’s been removed from the envelope.

Under state law, the identification or signature of voters is checked twice during the absentee voting process, and an accepted ballot can’t be traced back to a signed envelope once the two are separated. The process protects ballot secrecy.

Read more here: https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/new.../election/article247371684.html#storylink=cpy

So what were the qualifications that accepted ballots like this attached example of "signature verification"?
So the verifiers looked at the below Driver's license signature and said.."YUP the same as on the absentee ballot signature! Good clean vote!"
VoteSignaturefruad.png

That verification process reviewed signatures on absentee ballot envelopes when they were received at county election offices. Then ballots are separated from envelopes to protect the secret ballot, leaving no way to link voters to the candidates they chose.

The same thing happens when you vote in person.
Once you enter the booth, there is no way to link voters to the candidates they choose.

So what is your point?

FACTS: From this source..

Another review of signatures on absentee ballot envelopes wouldn’t change election results during Georgia’s recount. That’s because even if more voter signatures were found to be invalid, election workers couldn’t connect those faulty signatures to a ballot after it’s been removed from the envelope.

Under state law, the identification or signature of voters is checked twice during the absentee voting process, and an accepted ballot can’t be traced back to a signed envelope once the two are separated. The process protects ballot secrecy.

Read more here: https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/new.../election/article247371684.html#storylink=cpy

So what were the qualifications that accepted ballots like this attached example of "signature verification"?
So the verifiers looked at the below Driver's license signature and said.."YUP the same as on the absentee ballot signature! Good clean vote!"
View attachment 465792

You're Not addressing the myth that you tried to pass off as fact.

Once you enter the booth, there is no way to link voters to the candidates they choose.

So what is your point?
The big difference is voter verification in the booth. You can't enter the booth if your photo doesn't match your face! That's the point of
absentee voting in that the REQUEST for an absentee ballot must be mailed BACK to the voting administration. They then based on comparison of your absentee vote request that you signed is used to compare with the absentee ballot that is SIGNED by the voter and mailed to the voting centers.
There they are suppose to ...i.e. "SUPPOSE to" compare the absentee ballot request signed form with the returned absentee ballot request form and if the two signatures are alike this is a legitimate ballot.

BUT the JUNK MAIL voting process eliminates that step. They mail ballots to ALL the addresses in their database.

And not all states are equal when it comes to letting voters fix mistakes that lead to rejection of their ballots, such as failure to sign the mail-in envelope. In a New Jersey special election in May, a whopping 10% of mailed ballots were rejected.
These 9 states and D.C. send ballots ahead of the election automatically to registered voters
Vermont,Nevada,District of Columbia,California,New Jersey,Colorado,Hawaii,Utah,Washington, Oregon

JUNK MAIL voting doesn't require verification of the voter.
I evidently unlike you CARE and Respect the privilege of my vote and want my vote to count.

So what is your point?
The big difference is voter verification in the booth. You can't enter the booth if your photo doesn't match your face! That's the point of
absentee voting in that the REQUEST for an absentee ballot must be mailed BACK to the voting administration. They then based on comparison of your absentee vote request that you signed is used to compare with the absentee ballot that is SIGNED by the voter and mailed to the voting centers.
There they are suppose to ...i.e. "SUPPOSE to" compare the absentee ballot request signed form with the returned absentee ballot request form and if the two signatures are alike this is a legitimate ballot.

BUT the JUNK MAIL voting process eliminates that step. They mail ballots to ALL the addresses in their database.

And not all states are equal when it comes to letting voters fix mistakes that lead to rejection of their ballots, such as failure to sign the mail-in envelope. In a New Jersey special election in May, a whopping 10% of mailed ballots were rejected.
These 9 states and D.C. send ballots ahead of the election automatically to registered voters
Vermont,Nevada,District of Columbia,California,New Jersey,Colorado,Hawaii,Utah,Washington, Oregon

JUNK MAIL voting doesn't require verification of the voter.
I evidently unlike you CARE and Respect the privilege of my vote and want my vote to count.
It is easier to get a fake ID than to fake a signature

Forum List

Back