Even super-liberal LA Times admits stephon clark was a thug and career criminal

Another dangerous black man and the cops knew this.

Stephon Clark: Surrounded by love, trouble and tragedy, and now a rallying cry for justice after police shooting

And Clark had a criminal history, four cases in four years that included charges of robbery, pimping, and domestic abuse. Sacramento County court files show he pleaded no contest to reduced charges, spent time on a sheriff's work detail and was on probation for the 2014 robbery when he was killed.

Community leaders were adamant that Clark's criminal record was immaterial to how he died, and said the officers who killed him are the ones who ought to be scrutinized.

Well ShootSpeeders what impressed me was the group leader
who spoke at one of the rallies, and called for community relations
with police to improve in order to prevent further violence. That was
a mutual call for responsibility, which is the most effective approach.

Those are the leaders who will invoke the right changes.
Not blaming or defending one side or the other, but standing up
and supporting BOTH. Good for that man, I wanted to look him up,
and say thanks and throw my support to that approach I heard as unifying
and empowering. the leaders in Houston who take that approach of
community building are also more successful in bringing together
people for positive change. Much more empowering overall.

I think it was this man:

Former NBA player holds rally for family of Stephon Clark

Barnes said he first heard about the shooting from one of his twin boys, age 9, who asked if police were “bad” for shooting someone 20 times for holding a cellphone.

Authorities believed Clark was armed but found only the phone near his body. His first impulse was to tell his son yes, he told the audience.

“I had to pause for a second because the emotion of me wanted to say yes, but at the same time cops aren’t bad, one cop doesn’t make every one bad,” Barnes said. “But one black man doesn’t make everybody guilty. It’s more than color. It comes down to wrong and right.”

Barnes was joined by members of Clark’s family, the Sacramento’s chapter of the NAACP, pastors and local activists before a crowd of 100 people at Cesar Chavez Plaza.

Just because someone is bad, doesn't mean you break the rule of law.

Thanks frigidweirdo see my previous msg to RW.
The reason people break the rules is out of fear.
Get fear out of the equation and people can support and comply
with each other.

If this man had no respect for the law, that sets up the relationship to fail.
All sides need to agree on law enforcement, not based on fear but on respect,
and the dynamics of this community can change and protect their kids in the future who don't need to grow up in an environment of fearing police and breaking laws.

People don't break rules out of fear.

People break rules for many reasons, but fear is not one of them.

They break rules because they don't care.
They break rules because they think rules apply to other people.
They break rules because they want to.
They break rules because the rules aren't convenient for them.
They break rules to gain an advantage.

And others.

But not fear.

Those fucked up cops walked into his grandmothers back yard, went up to Clark, put a gun to his head and said, "Don't move or I will shoot you in the fucking head!"

We don't need racist cops like that. But we do need cops like that to go to prison.

And fuck every goddamn one of you that defend these cops, or trash Stephan Clark.

Stephon Clark: Surrounded by love, trouble and tragedy, and now a rallying cry for justice after police shooting

And Clark had a criminal history, four cases in four years that included charges of robbery, pimping, and domestic abuse. Sacramento County court files show he pleaded no contest to reduced charges, spent time on a sheriff's work detail and was on probation for the 2014 robbery when he was killed.

Community leaders were adamant that Clark's criminal record was immaterial to how he died, and said the officers who killed him are the ones who ought to be scrutinized.

and? what does that have to do with shooting at him while he was unarmed.
'
hey lowlife, the cops didn't;'t know his background when they shot him to death.'
LOL yes they did if they were called to his house.

Those fucked up cops walked into his grandmothers back yard, went up to Clark, put a gun to his head and said, "Don't move or I will shoot you in the fucking head!"

We don't need racist cops like that. But we do need cops like that to go to prison.

And fuck every goddamn one of you that defend these cops, or trash Stephan Clark.
Go play in the freeway with a plastic bag MORON.

'
hey lowlife, the cops didn't;'t know his background when they shot him to death.'

The cops did not know he was unarmed and yes they did know about his extensive criminal record. THINK, you miserable white-hating racist.

So that's standard cop procedure now? If you don't know if a person is armed, you should kill him as fast as possible? Really?

I think it was this man:

Barnes said he first heard about the shooting from one of his twin boys, age 9, who asked if police were “bad” for shooting someone 20 times for holding a cellphone.

Authorities believed Clark was armed but found only the phone near his body. His first impulse was to tell his son yes, he told the audience.

“I had to pause for a second because the emotion of me wanted to say yes, but at the same time cops aren’t bad, one cop doesn’t make every one bad,” Barnes said. “But one black man doesn’t make everybody guilty. It’s more than color. It comes down to wrong and right.”

Barnes was joined by members of Clark’s family, the Sacramento’s chapter of the NAACP, pastors and local activists before a crowd of 100 people at Cesar Chavez Plaza.

with each other.

and the dynamics of this community can change and protect their kids in the future who don't need to grow up in an environment of fearing police and breaking laws.

And others.

But not fear.

Dear frigidweirdo
Yes, this is scarcity mentality
and fear that to get what you want means you step on someone else.
Exactly.

I think it was this man:

with each other.

And others.

But not fear.

Dear frigidweirdo
Exactly.

I'm confused...

You said it was all about fear, then you agree with me.

'

The cops did not know he was unarmed and yes they did know about his extensive criminal record. THINK, you miserable white-hating racist.

So that's standard cop procedure now? If you don't know if a person is armed, you should kill him as fast as possible? Really?

Dear BULLDOG
neither the suspect nor the cops were following due process of laws.
two wrongs don't make either right.

I think it was this man:

with each other.

And others.

But not fear.

Dear frigidweirdo
Exactly.

I'm confused...

You said it was all about fear, then you agree with me.

Yes frigidweirdo because we are saying the same thing.
the selfish motivations you describe
are out of scarcity mentality or fear that
to get your way means to step on someone else.
We don't disagree but have different ways of explaining the same results.

'

Dear BULLDOG
neither the suspect nor the cops were following due process of laws.
two wrongs don't make either right.

Why don't you tell me what due process is for a man standing in his grandmother's back yard? I understand that cops have a dangerous job, and they have to be prepared for unexpected things to happen, but the dead guy made no threatening movements. A cop's job is to not take unneeded action just as much as it is to take needed actions. It can't and shouldn't be considered as just a mistake if someone ends up dead for no reason.

The man was in his grandparents back yard talking on his cell phone when the police shot him in the back. His past record is immaterial to his death.

Stephon Clark was shot 8 times - 7 times in the back. And here you are attempting to claim the police did nothing wrong.

The man was breaking into his neighbor's cars...was followed on infrared camera jumping fences in the neighborhood to get away from Police responding to the 911 call. He was tracked down by Police on foot who confronted him in the dark. The Police officers thought he had a gun in his hand and opened fire. He was shot in the back because of how he fell.

Bottom line is this, kiddies...if you're out breaking into your neighbors cars (if you're THAT kind of a lowlife!) then if the Police show up and corner you in the dark...GET YOUR ASS DOWN ON THE GROUND WITH YOUR EMPTY HANDS OUTSTRETCHED AND LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE SURRENDERING! This isn't advice for any particular race...it's common sense advice for everyone! If you don't then chances are really good that you may be shot and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself!

Please stop with the "he was in his Grandmother's yard!" narrative...it has zero to do with what happened. The police that tracked him to that location didn't know someone from his family lived there. They simply knew that they were trying to apprehend a suspected felon in the dark.

The man was in his grandparents back yard talking on his cell phone when the police shot him in the back. His past record is immaterial to his death.

Stephon Clark was shot 8 times - 7 times in the back. And here you are attempting to claim the police did nothing wrong.

The man was breaking into his neighbor's cars...was followed on infrared camera jumping fences in the neighborhood to get away from Police responding to the 911 call. He was tracked down by Police on foot who confronted him in the dark. The Police officers thought he had a gun in his hand and opened fire. He was shot in the back because of how he fell.

Bottom line is this, kiddies...if you're out breaking into your neighbors cars (if you're THAT kind of a lowlife!) then if the Police show up and corner you in the dark...GET YOUR ASS DOWN ON THE GROUND WITH YOUR EMPTY HANDS OUTSTRETCHED AND LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE SURRENDERING! This isn't advice for any particular race...it's common sense advice for everyone! If you don't then chances are really good that you may be shot and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself!

You think he fell before he was shot? Quit trying to make dumb excuses. You're glad the cops shot another black guy. Your pathetic attempt to justify the murder is appalling.

Please stop with the "he was in his Grandmother's yard!" narrative...it has zero to do with what happened. The police that tracked him to that location didn't know someone from his family lived there. They simply knew that they were trying to apprehend a suspected felon in the dark.

And Killing him was the best way for them to apprehend him, right?

You think he fell before he was shot? Quit trying to make dumb excuses. You're glad the cops shot another black guy. Your pathetic attempt to justify the murder is appalling.

Some of the bullets entered his front...some his back. From the video that I've seen he appears to twist as he falls to the ground ending up with his back to the officers. Police are trained to fire a number of shots to ensure that any potential threat is neutralized. They shot for a total of about three seconds and you can tell from their recorded video on their body cams that they both believed that Clark had fired at them. They are reluctant to approach him laying on the ground because they are STILL worried that he might be armed.

And Killing him was the best way for them to apprehend him, right?

The best way for him to be apprehended was for him not to run from the Police in the first place! The second best way for him to be apprehended was to get his ass on the ground and show the Police empty hands. If he'd done either of those things...he'd still be alive today and back on the streets committing crimes!

Some of the bullets entered his front...some his back. From the video that I've seen he appears to twist as he falls to the ground ending up with his back to the officers. Police are trained to fire a number of shots to ensure that any potential threat is neutralized. They shot for a total of about three seconds and you can tell from their recorded video on their body cams that they both believed that Clark had fired at them. They are reluctant to approach him laying on the ground because they are STILL worried that he might be armed.

Bullshit. He was shot once from the front, and 7 times from the back. He didn't have a gun, so how could they think he shot at them?

Dear Dragonlady was
it a lie or not that Stephon Clark was actually caught
breaking into cars with a tool like a crowbar. Is that true or fabricated?

Man standing in his own back yard shot 20 times by police. He was armed with a cell phone.

It was a lie. He was NOT caught breaking into cars with a crowbar. He was standing in his backyard when he was shot.

Forum List

Back