Evangelicals better pray the second coming never comes, cause there will be a shitload of table flipping

So, Who is supposed to benefit from all the things God put on this earth, the sinners and people who don't believe in God?

It's ok for everyone else to have money, but not God's people?!? What kind of thinking is this? SMH

3 John 1:2 Context​

1The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. 2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 5Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

Many religious fanatics say that wealth is against God's will and if believers want to go to heaven they must shun wealth. They say that the only path to heavenly graces is to not yearn for material possessions, especially money, and live a simple life.

And yet, the Holy Bible is full of examples of people who were blessed by God with wealth - this is not just spiritual wealth but material wealth as well. So before you start doubting your ability to get rich or feel guilty about your material possessions, let us look back at the Scriptures and see examples of people who were blessed with riches.

6 Richest and Wealthiest People in the Bible

1. Abraham​

Abraham is considered as the patriarch of the church and is known as the friend of God according to James 2:23. In Genesis 13:2, Abraham is described as rich in gold, silver, and cattle. During those times, having such material possessions is comparable to being an owner of a multi-billion business. As Abraham continued to profess his faith to the Lord, his possessions became even greater. In Genesis 24:1, it is said that God continued to bless him in many ways. Genesis 13:6 explains that Abraham continued to accumulate well to the point that he has to separate from his nephew Lot because their land could longer keep the two of them. What is even amazing is that everyone associated with Abraham were also gifted with material wealth.

2. Isaac​

Isaac is Abraham's son and was also blessed with wealth. During the time of famine, Isaac continued to leave a prosperous life. In Genesis 26:12, Isaac was able to plant and harvest a hundred times more than other people. His wealth became the envy of the Philistines that it came to a point when he was forced to leave his land. Even in face of uncertainty, Genesis 26:17-32 says that Isaac continued to receive blessings no matter where he went.

3. Job​

In the book of Job 1:1 in the Old Testament, Job was described to be a righteous man. Job 1:3 further describes him as the most illustrious man in the East because of his vast material possessions. In spite of his personal conflicts, Job showed his immense loyalty to God. In Job 42:10, he was given richness which surpassed what he previously owned because he remained steadfast in his belief even though he faced so many challenges in his life.

4. Solomon​

If there is one Bible character that can be easily associated with richness and wealth, it is Solomon. Solomon is not only known as the wise king, but also as a man who lived with enormous material possession. In 2 Chronicles 9:20, it is said that he had so many gold in his possession to the point that silver lost its value. His wealth is so legendary that people up to this time are still looking for his hidden treasures. His wealth has become a staple of legends that various expeditions were launched to search for his treasures. It is said that part of the mission of the Crusaders to the Holy Land was to look for Solomon's treasures. There are even speculations that the lineage of the infamous Templar Knights have found the treasure and have hidden and protected them.

5. David​

David is often associated with Goliath and their epic battle where the small child defeated the giant with a slingshot. But like Solomon, David lived a life of prosperity because of his faith in God. The amount of wealth he possessed was chronicled in the Book of Psalms. In Psalm 37:19, it is proclaimed that the righteous would still prosper in the midst of famine. And this was exactly what happened with David and his brethren. In 1 Chronicles 29:28, it is said that David enjoyed a life of prosperity, blessed with wealth and honor, and died after living a life full of contentment.

6. Joseph​

Joseph (not the father of Jesus) was a wealthy man who became a victim of envy. He was a humble person in spite of his wealth. At the age of 30, he became second in command of the country of Egypt. According to Genesis 47:14, he was able to amass his wealth by selling grains. Joseph was blessed not only with business acumen, but with a strong economic outlook that he was able to look at the future and save his country.

Aside from wealth, these people of the Bible remained faithful to their God in spite of the trials and difficulties they encountered. They lived a life of prosperity and were continued to be blessed until their last breath. So before you follow the adage "money is the root of all evil", think again!

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” -Matthew 19:21-24

Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” -Matthew 19:21-24

He was speaking to a non-believer in your example.

3 John 1:2​

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

He was speaking to a non-believer in your example.

3 John 1:2​

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

No, the rich man in my example was a follower.

Jesus told him that it was impossible to be both rich and a follower.

No, the rich man in my example was a follower.

Jesus told him that it was impossible to be both rich and a follower.

If he was following Jesus, why did Jesus tell him to follow?

If he was following Jesus, why did Jesus tell him to follow?
The young man was already following all the commandments and likely also a follower of Jesus. He noted he had followed the commandments since his youth...but...it still wasn't enough. What more could he do? Lazarus, Mary, Martha were well to do. Jesus stayed with them often without asking them to sell all they had. Even after the Crucifixion, Peter still had his fishing boats.

This young man wanted to do more, but if he wanted to be of true help to Jesus' ministry he would have to be unencumbered from all his possession and the ties he had to his own home and businesses.

The young man admired Jesus as a good teacher. My best guess is that he wanted to be a good teacher, too, but in his own community, and at his convenience--after work hours perhaps.

In their time, the greater population was poor. Could a rich man--no matter how well intentioned--truly relate to the poor? Would they listen to a rich man as closely as they listened to Jesus?

I have no doubt that the rich man is in the kingdom--perhaps one of the least, but he is certainly there. It takes courage to be poor, and that is what the rich man lacked. I am willing to bet that St. Francis of Assisi (much later) realized that, but decided to take the plunge anyway. I've always wondered whether he, being a rich young man himself, had been greatly inspired by that story.

Look at all these money grubbing hypocrites all over TV. Tricking people into giving them their life savings to help them do "god's work". It turns out that god wants them try live in mansions, and travel in limos, yachts, and private jets (all of which are used solely for church business as the law requires, of course). The level of theft by so called "christians" is asstounding. Its almost as if they've never read a world of the teachings of Jesus, or maybe they just like using those teachings to enrich themselves,like the money lenders Jesus cast out of the temple. Well, If Jesus does return, as they claim to believe, all these scumbags are gonna see some table flipping first hand.
When the 2nd coming actually occurs...........there will be nothing. "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens and the earth shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2 Peter 3:10

Sounds like when God's longsuffering is over..........Our Sun will simply go super nova without warning. Forget the hypocrites (God can sort them out as His leisure)......will anyone be prepared? One must live each and every day as if it were his last........knowing the end is just a heartbeat away. Just as the Christ advised, "Watch therefore; for you know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, if that goodman of the house had known in what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. THEREFORE BE YE ALSO READY; FOR IN SUCH AN HOUR AS YOU THINK NOT THE SON OF MAN COMETH." -- Matthew 24:42-44

Last edited:
Jesus will never return, they will go to grave of what happened to them, giving all their money to a preacher is dumb.
It seems God has caused the unbelievers getting their panties all bunched up giving them a pee pee rash

Look at all these money grubbing hypocrites all over TV. Tricking people into giving them their life savings to help them do "god's work". It turns out that god wants them try live in mansions, and travel in limos, yachts, and private jets (all of which are used solely for church business as the law requires, of course). The level of theft by so called "christians" is asstounding. Its almost as if they've never read a world of the teachings of Jesus, or maybe they just like using those teachings to enrich themselves,like the money lenders Jesus cast out of the temple. Well, If Jesus does return, as they claim to believe, all these scumbags are gonna see some table flipping first hand.

Gosh. So much focus on those evangelicals, even as there's basically no footprint on the culture anymore.

I find that endlessly interesting.

There will always be snake oil salesmen and suckers to buy their goods. Please don't confuse this with Christianity.

Matthew 6:24

24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.[a]

If you know they are fake why do you give them money?

So, Who is supposed to benefit from all the things God put on this earth, the sinners and people who don't believe in God?

It's ok for everyone else to have money, but not God's people?!? What kind of thinking is this? SMH

3 John 1:2 Context​

1The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. 2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 5Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;

Many religious fanatics say that wealth is against God's will and if believers want to go to heaven they must shun wealth. They say that the only path to heavenly graces is to not yearn for material possessions, especially money, and live a simple life.

And yet, the Holy Bible is full of examples of people who were blessed by God with wealth - this is not just spiritual wealth but material wealth as well. So before you start doubting your ability to get rich or feel guilty about your material possessions, let us look back at the Scriptures and see examples of people who were blessed with riches.

6 Richest and Wealthiest People in the Bible

1. Abraham​

Abraham is considered as the patriarch of the church and is known as the friend of God according to James 2:23. In Genesis 13:2, Abraham is described as rich in gold, silver, and cattle. During those times, having such material possessions is comparable to being an owner of a multi-billion business. As Abraham continued to profess his faith to the Lord, his possessions became even greater. In Genesis 24:1, it is said that God continued to bless him in many ways. Genesis 13:6 explains that Abraham continued to accumulate well to the point that he has to separate from his nephew Lot because their land could longer keep the two of them. What is even amazing is that everyone associated with Abraham were also gifted with material wealth.

2. Isaac​

Isaac is Abraham's son and was also blessed with wealth. During the time of famine, Isaac continued to leave a prosperous life. In Genesis 26:12, Isaac was able to plant and harvest a hundred times more than other people. His wealth became the envy of the Philistines that it came to a point when he was forced to leave his land. Even in face of uncertainty, Genesis 26:17-32 says that Isaac continued to receive blessings no matter where he went.

3. Job​

In the book of Job 1:1 in the Old Testament, Job was described to be a righteous man. Job 1:3 further describes him as the most illustrious man in the East because of his vast material possessions. In spite of his personal conflicts, Job showed his immense loyalty to God. In Job 42:10, he was given richness which surpassed what he previously owned because he remained steadfast in his belief even though he faced so many challenges in his life.

4. Solomon​

If there is one Bible character that can be easily associated with richness and wealth, it is Solomon. Solomon is not only known as the wise king, but also as a man who lived with enormous material possession. In 2 Chronicles 9:20, it is said that he had so many gold in his possession to the point that silver lost its value. His wealth is so legendary that people up to this time are still looking for his hidden treasures. His wealth has become a staple of legends that various expeditions were launched to search for his treasures. It is said that part of the mission of the Crusaders to the Holy Land was to look for Solomon's treasures. There are even speculations that the lineage of the infamous Templar Knights have found the treasure and have hidden and protected them.

5. David​

David is often associated with Goliath and their epic battle where the small child defeated the giant with a slingshot. But like Solomon, David lived a life of prosperity because of his faith in God. The amount of wealth he possessed was chronicled in the Book of Psalms. In Psalm 37:19, it is proclaimed that the righteous would still prosper in the midst of famine. And this was exactly what happened with David and his brethren. In 1 Chronicles 29:28, it is said that David enjoyed a life of prosperity, blessed with wealth and honor, and died after living a life full of contentment.

6. Joseph​

Joseph (not the father of Jesus) was a wealthy man who became a victim of envy. He was a humble person in spite of his wealth. At the age of 30, he became second in command of the country of Egypt. According to Genesis 47:14, he was able to amass his wealth by selling grains. Joseph was blessed not only with business acumen, but with a strong economic outlook that he was able to look at the future and save his country.

Aside from wealth, these people of the Bible remained faithful to their God in spite of the trials and difficulties they encountered. They lived a life of prosperity and were continued to be blessed until their last breath. So before you follow the adage "money is the root of all evil", think again!
God will use wealth as a REWARD for faith, it isn't to be sought as a substitute for faith.

Yeah, might as well just go the atheist route and call themselves Democrats.

Forum List

Back