Evangelical Christians need Republicans. Does the party need them?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Other top Republican candidates for 2024 also trod carefully on abortion at the Family Research Council’s Pray Vote Stand Summit on Friday. The tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy did not mention the word at all. Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida, cited his state’s six-week abortion ban in a single sentence. Only Mike Pence, the devout former vice-president, unambiguously committed to a 15-week “national standard”.

The sharper tacks in the GOP recognise the toxic natire of anti abortion politics.Only dopey old Mike Pence is still keen on it.

The article speculates that the GOP could cut loose the crazy evangelicals in order to win elections.
It would make electoral sense. Most normal people reject a theocracy and live and let live.

Maybe they should put abortion to a national vote and clear it up once and for all ?

Other top Republican candidates for 2024 also trod carefully on abortion at the Family Research Council’s Pray Vote Stand Summit on Friday. The tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy did not mention the word at all. Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida, cited his state’s six-week abortion ban in a single sentence. Only Mike Pence, the devout former vice-president, unambiguously committed to a 15-week “national standard”.

The sharper tacks in the GOP recognise the toxic natire of anti abortion politics.Only dopey old Mike Pence is still keen on it.

The article speculates that the GOP could cut loose the crazy evangelicals in order to win elections.
It would make electoral sense. Most normal people reject a theocracy and live and let live.

Maybe they should put abortion to a national vote and clear it up once and for all ?
It's a match made in...

Well to be honest it was probably made in a smokey conference room somewhere.

They need each other. Without equating trump and right wing ideology with religion, the MAGAs probably couldn't have taken over the republican party. Without the republican/MAGA party, the church would still just be a religion instead of a political force.

No, because that isn't how laws are created in The United States.

Besides that, the losing side would sue and we would be right back where we started from.

Republicans are like the dog chasing a car and not knowing what to do once they caught it

They have been chasing Abortion for 50 years. Now that Roe v Wade was repealed, they do not want to run on…..I will repeal Abortion.
Every election that has been held…banning abortion lost
That is why Republicans won’t allow it to come to a vote

Republicans are like the dog chasing a car and not knowing what to do once they caught it

They have been chasing Abortion for 50 years. Now that Roe v Wade was repealed, they do not want to run on…..I will repeal Abortion.
Every election that has been held…banning abortion lost
That is why Republicans won’t allow it to come to a vote
If I was a dem I would talk about nothing else.People dont vote for less rights.
Its a crazy policy.
Werent these crazies run by Perkins ? No decent politician would court them.

More political advice to the Colonies from a quasi monarchy that used to lop off heads for not being Christian? Ever hear of the 1st Amendment? The U.S. is the only Country that has guaranteed freedom of religion.

If I was a dem I would talk about nothing else.People dont vote for less rights.
Its a crazy policy.
Werent these crazies run by Perkins ? No decent politician would court them.
Yes we do. We have lost a lot of unalieanale rights.

When I first began attending my current church, I was asked about whether I was a liberal or a conservative. Their next question was how I felt about guns. I was disappointed that no one asked me about my faith. Maybe they just don't care. The church would be better off staying out of politics.

When I first began attending my current church, I was asked about whether I was a liberal or a conservative. Their next question was how I felt about guns. I was disappointed that no one asked me about my faith. Maybe they just don't care. The church would be better off staying out of politics.
Too late for that. You don't attend a church. You attend a political party pretending to be a church.

More political advice to the Colonies from a quasi monarchy that used to lop off heads for not being Christian? Ever hear of the 1st Amendment? The U.S. is the only Country that has guaranteed freedom of religion.
When that crosses over into politics it becomes a problem,. American Christianity is its own wierd world.
I also think you will find that religion is free in all democracies.

The sharper tacks in the GOP recognise the toxic natire [sic] of anti abortion politics.Only dopey old Mike Pence is still keen on it.

You do not know shit about Evangelical Christians, and you do not know shit about Republican.

Any post from you trying to comment on the relationship, if any, between the two, is nothing more than yet another exercise in you waving your deep ignorance around like a proud banner.

Too late for that. The GOP already pissed off 81 million in the last election, and are adding more to that group every day.
Your party represents the death spiral. We are all part of the nation. To many people live their lives like it is Spring break every day. And it can be for any reason...good or not so good.

Forum List

Back