EV owners sure look stOOpid now!!

It seems that you are always losing arguments, and neve winning them, which would seem to prove that the statement “It is IMPOSSIBLE to win an argument with a Stupid Person.” in your sig is false.
Hard to argue with your wild, unfounded conspiracies and accusations

Easier just to blow you off as a nut job

The power grid will adapt to the demand
The good part is most owners will charge at night while they are sleeping
I was speaking to a guy that was going to move the electric meter location at a job I'm working on.

He said that many places are on smaller cables so that infrastructure could be upgraded to larger cables. The problem is in the large cities where they're on maximum cable size. How do you see your "adaption" process working in large cities?

I was speaking to a guy that was going to move the electric meter location at a job I'm working on.

He said that many places are on smaller cables so that infrastructure could be upgraded to larger cables. The problem is in the large cities where they're on maximum cable size. How do you see your "adaption" process working in large cities?
I see large cities moving quickly to Electric Vehicles
Those in cities do not drive hundreds of miles a day
You can charge your vehicle once a week

I see large cities moving quickly to Electric Vehicles
Those in cities do not drive hundreds of miles a day
You can charge your vehicle once a week
Well, with the handful of current EV's, obviously yes. But you got to get a grasp with EV's. Cities won't be geared up with many thousands and hundreds of thousands charge points. Can't believe I had to explain that.

Well, with the handful of current EV's, obviously yes. But you got to get a grasp with EV's. Cities won't be geared up with many thousands and hundreds of thousands charge points. Can't believe I had to explain that.
Again, city drivers don’t put in many miles
An EV would not have to be charged very often
Also, because of mass transit, most city dwellers don’t own cars. Too expensive to park

But Internal Combustion in an urban environment is very destructive. I can see cities requiring electric
They are already doing it on buses, mail and public transport

Again, city drivers don’t put in many miles
An EV would not have to be charged very often
Also, because of mass transit, most city dwellers don’t own cars. Too expensive to park

But Internal Combustion in an urban environment is very destructive. I can see cities requiring electric
They are already doing it on buses, mail and public transport
Irrelevant, if umpteen thousand need charged for a few hours, umpteen thousand will plug in. They're not all gonna phone one another to stagger charging times. The guy that works for the electric board considers it an issue.

It's like having a washing machine, a dish washer and tumble drier on a fuse spur. The fuse spur may handle two max but if all three draw full load, the wire is gonna heat up. If the main city cables are at max size, irrelevant if the cars all want 5 mins charge time or 15 hours.

I can safely assume you don't have a great deal of knowledge on electrics. My youngest son is an electrician.

Irrelevant, if umpteen thousand need charged for a few hours, umpteen thousand will plug in. They're not all gonna phone one another to stagger charging times. The guy that works for the electric board considers it an issue.

It's like having a washing machine, a dish washer and tumble drier on a fuse spur. The fuse spur may handle two max but if all three draw full load, the wire is gonna heat up. If the main city cables are at max size, irrelevant if the cars all want 5 mins charge time or 15 hours.

I can safely assume you don't have a great deal of knowledge on electrics. My youngest son is an electrician.
If charging is at a premium and you need to charge once a week, you can schedule your charge.
Because of pollution, EVs will become the norm in the cities

Also, most major cities have a minority of car drivers. I could see an EV ride share system evolve

If charging is at a premium and you need to charge once a week, you can schedule your charge.
Because of pollution, EVs will become the norm in the cities

Also, most major cities have a minority of car drivers. I could see an EV ride share system evolve
Ride share and all the other piloted schemes have never worked in the past. Maybe you're thinking of those living in the city tootling about. I'm thinking of all those who live outside of cities who drive in to work and shop from much further afield.

It's the cities causing a big slice of the co2, it's just not down to the vehicles used in those cities.

Ride share and all the other piloted schemes have never worked in the past. Maybe you're thinking of those living in the city tootling about. I'm thinking of all those who live outside of cities who drive in to work and shop from much further afield.

It's the cities causing a big slice of the co2, it's just not down to the vehicles used in those cities.

Cities can easily generate their own power.
1637160024480.png

1637160138313.png

Cities can easily generate their own power. View attachment 565254

View attachment 565258
Like Glasgow?

You plugged your car in yet?

Cities producing power is not the issue, it's the current infrastructure. The problem you've inadvertently highlighted is that you must think cities around the globe are under the same conditions as California, I think you need to get out more.

Last edited:
Like Glasgow?

Cities producing power is not the issue, it's the current infrastructure. The problem you've inadvertently highlighted is that you must think cities around the globe are under the same conditions as California, I think you need to get out more.
I have a friend in Tacoma, Wash. that installed solar on the east side of roof in December of 2019. It was put into operation in the first week of January, 2020. From January, 2020 to June, 2020, he never had an electric bill. In July, the utility sent him a check for $250. You might want to look up the number of cloudy days in Tacoma, Washington, and it's latitude.

Like Glasgow?

And cities producing power is very much the issue. Power produced within the city has very small transmission losses.

And cities producing power is very much the issue. Power produced within the city has very small transmission losses.
You need to get to UK cities. If you think they've got space to house sufficient parking areas like the one in the photo to satisfy demand, then think again. All of a sudden, the original answer was to plug in at lamp posts, now the pro-ev'ers are suggesting roofed parking lots covered in solar panels. I wish they would stop dreaming.

I have a friend in Tacoma, Wash. that installed solar on the east side of roof in December of 2019. It was put into operation in the first week of January, 2020. From January, 2020 to June, 2020, he never had an electric bill. In July, the utility sent him a check for $250. You might want to look up the number of cloudy days in Tacoma, Washington, and it's latitude.
Omg, it'll never sink in with you, will it. Go to Edinburgh, you can't magically rotate properties to face the correct orientation for the sun. And many buildings are multiple occupancy, IE. One roof to many properties, often 3 to 4 floors high. Who gets the fucking roof, lmfao.

Like I've said many a time, the EV'ers dream that everyone lives in detached houses, with a garage, works 9 to 5, in a sunny climate. And when they open their mouths, all you can do is laugh at what they spew. Even the government can't install sufficient daily charge points, but naively dream on with a 2030 goal. Pro Ev'ers, bless your cotton socks.

And will solar charge your car and power your house in the UK, whilst giving you cheque back for surplus electric? Not at all, it can reduce your electric bill, but no more. You have to wait best part of 25 years to get your investment back.
If you're at home all day, it will take you less time to make your money back. You'll recoup the installation costs in between 11 and 13 years on average,

And when the solar panels come online with 30% to 40% efficiency, that payback time will even be shorter. As well as insurance against grid failures.

You need to get to UK cities. If you think they've got space to house sufficient parking areas like the one in the photo to satisfy demand, then think again. All of a sudden, the original answer was to plug in at lamp posts, now the pro-ev'ers are suggesting roofed parking lots covered in solar panels. I wish they would stop dreaming.
Now I live in the US, so I was thinking in terms of the US cities. As far as the cities in the UK are concerned, I am quite sure there are many roofs that could support solar. In South Australia, the utility is using a partnership arrangement with residential homes to form virtual power stations. I see no reason that would not work in the UK.

If you're at home all day, it will take you less time to make your money back. You'll recoup the installation costs in between 11 and 13 years on average,

And when the solar panels come online with 30% to 40% efficiency, that payback time will even be shorter. As well as insurance against grid failures.
But the vast majority are not at home all day, guess what, they're working!!

I went on web site to calculate the payback on a "considered" solar panel installation. Where? My second house in Scotland. I inputted the postcode, direction of the roof, when someone gets home etc.. and over the lifespan of the solar panels, the net benefit is -£1,805. The minus sign means, it costs me £1,805, I do not get a payback. Will I ever get solar, no chance.

Screenshot_20211119-180536.png

As I've told you a thousand times, stop posting opinions based on dreams and look at reality. But I doubt that will sink into your thick skull, solid bone from the neck up.

Edit : I forgot to say, the apartment below me, does she get half the roof? The figures suddenly got fucking worse.

Forum List

Back