EV owners sure look stOOpid now!!

Except in this case they aren’t kicking in when there is excess demand but a decrease in renewable supply. Which means that you must over install capacity to meet demand and store surpluses which can be used later.
This recent breakthrough will make grid scale storage a snap. Using already existing platforms, such as Tesla's Autobidder, EV's can become a huge storage factor for the grid. It can also eliminate overhead cables for light rail and street cars. And we at present have installed over capacity to meet demand. What do you think those very expensive gas peaker plants are?

This recent breakthrough will make grid scale storage a snap. Using already existing platforms, such as Tesla's Autobidder, EV's can become a huge storage factor for the grid. It can also eliminate overhead cables for light rail and street cars. And we at present have installed over capacity to meet demand. What do you think those very expensive gas peaker plants are?

That is an awesome idea!!

You think your car is charging, instead it's draining.

Of course I realize setting the system up so only a certain amount will be used is far too complicated for "Conservatives".

Using already existing platforms, such as Tesla's Autobidder, EV's can become a huge storage factor for the grid.

How many EVs out there? How huge a factor today?

Using already existing platforms, such as Tesla's Autobidder, EV's can become a huge storage factor for the grid.

How many EVs out there? How huge a factor today?
In 4 years, several million. And since most will be in urban settings, where the peaks in demand are the greatest, the EV's will be a major factor if a majority of owners have this type of charging.

Solar on the roof, make your own fuel. And that thing about a windmill in the yard is not silly. There are a number of such on the market, and if you live in a windy area, it would probably supply enough for the day to day commute.

Solar energy is possible, 10 m2 of solar panels on a sunny day can provide 1 kWh, so in 60-80 hours you will get a full battery charge. The windmill is more difficult because it requires a large area, which is impractical for most homeowners.

Solar energy is possible, 10 m2 of solar panels on a sunny day can provide 1 kWh, so in 60-80 hours you will get a full battery charge. The windmill is more difficult because it requires a large area, which is impractical for most homeowners.
There are various types of small windmills available, but one has to live in a windy area for them to be practical. Solar is the best option. And there are materials being developed for thin film solar that double the present efficiency.

Many employers are also offering charging stations
As much as you whine, the EV infrastructure is expanding
UK needs 700 new charge points per day to hit 2030 target. Currently 43 per day are being installed.

Man progressed from walking to horse and cart, then steam power, and then internal combustion vehicles. If pro EV'ers looked beyond their own doorstep and just considered for a moment everyone else, then they might grasp that is mankind progressing backwards to steam power?

As for my employer installing me a charge point, I wonder where. I'm self employed with no works premises, my house does not have a driveway, and I work travelling by van. I often tow upto 3,500kg trailer weight.

And all I get from the pro EV'ers is, either you or your employer will install a charger in your garage, plugged into your many solar panels or wind turbine, and you can tow using a Tesla to a range of 500 miles. Oh, and never mention price because we're all millionaires.

One thing the EV argument has shown me, the pro-EV'ers dream is way out of touch with reality. It may work for the minority, but that's about it.

Our power grid is archaic and inefficient
Why we need to pass Biden’s infrastructure bill

Passing a bill that wastes trillions of taxpayer money, for worthless pork projects that are of no benefit whatsoever to most taxpayers, will do nothing to address the inadequacies of the power grid, even if you attach the name “infrastructure” to that bill.

The legislation would fund $65 billion to rebuild the electrical grid, calling for expanding renewable energy, and invest in thousands of miles of new power lines.

Just like the excessive taxes we Californians pay are going to go to fix our roads. Just like the criminals who run our government promise, every time they raises these taxes, because the taxes they are already collecting, which we were explicitly promised would go to this purpose, are not going there, and the roads are continuing to decay because they aren't being maintained, much less fixed.

The corrupt politicians get richer and richer, and more and more powerful, as they stick their hands deeper and deeper into our pockets, promising to spend the money that they are stealing from us to fix the roads, and then putting it into their own pockets.

If you believe that this “infrastructure bill” is really going to pay fort any repairs or maintenance to our infrastructure, rather than being used to enrich and empower corrupt politicians, then you're not merely just stupid. You're at some extreme, almost superhuman level of stupid. We're talking rightwinger levels of stupid.

Just like the excessive taxes we Californians pay are going to go to fix our roads. Just like the criminals who run our government promise, every time they raises these taxes, because the taxes they are already collecting, which we were explicitly promised would go to this purpose, are not going there, and the roads are continuing to decay because they aren't being maintained, much less fixed.

The corrupt politicians get richer and richer, and more and more powerful, as they stick their hands deeper and deeper into our pockets, promising to spend the money that they are stealing from us to fix the roads, and then putting it into their own pockets.

If you believe that this “infrastructure bill” is really going to pay fort any repairs or maintenance to our infrastructure, rather than being used to enrich and empower corrupt politicians, then you're not merely just stupid. You're at some extreme, almost superhuman level of stupid. We're talking rightwinger levels of stupid.
Hard to argue with such paranoia

See my Signature

Forum List

Back