EV owners sure look stOOpid now!!

The legislation would fund $65 billion to rebuild the electrical grid, calling for expanding renewable energy, and invest in thousands of miles of new power lines.
Just getting a grid out to areas like Southeastern Oregon with tremendous wind and solar potential would do the trick. Utilities would then rent space from the BLM and put wind and solar on the top of the horsts, and pay the government so much a MW to use their transmission lines.

All the while ignoring how damaging battery production is on the environment. Not to mention there is no viable alternative renewable sources. The utter lack of forethought is ridiculous.
Stupid. Yes, they will use grid scale battery storage. They will also use pumped hydro, and many other feasible methods.

Solar and wind are capable of supplying all the power we need. Lithium mining damaging to the environment? Ever look at the effects of mountain top coal mining? Tar sands mining? Methane emissions and damage to aquifers from fracking from natural gas? Your squawking stinks of rank hypocrisy.

The unemployed typically fail to realize that persons in nearly every industry and profession, from doctors to street sweepers, often work nights.

Reality is hard to grasp for people whose only occupation is 18 hours a day of PlayStation.
Look, dumb fuck, I retired at 76 as a millwright in a steel mill. Not exactly a sedentary occupation. Working nights? A good deal of the time I worked rotating 12 hour shifts, 4 days on, 3 1/2 off, 4 nights on, 4 1/2 days off. Except about half the time I worked an extra day or tow per rotation. You silly bastards seem to assume all liberals are employed as store clerks or work a McD's. Even in my last decade of work, I bet you could not have followed in my footsteps.

No, you can't. To run that amount of amperage would require a dedicated circuit. I can't remember the specifics, but you can't use a plug in system it must be hardwired. 240 volts, and based on multiple chargers at 7.5kwh minimum you would need a distribution node, hence the vault.

Obviously it has to be three phase, and the conduit underground must be at least 2 feet deep. Each charging point needs to be anchored otherwise if some nimrod backs into it you have a potential car lot full of bombs.

Like I said, it ain't easy. No city planner would approve it, you would also need to do an EIR, and the insurance premiums would be quite prohibitive.
They will be doing it by 2025. And you will still be standing beside the road yelling "Get a horse".

Stupid. Yes, they will use grid scale battery storage. They will also use pumped hydro, and many other feasible methods.

Solar and wind are capable of supplying all the power we need. Lithium mining damaging to the environment? Ever look at the effects of mountain top coal mining? Tar sands mining? Methane emissions and damage to aquifers from fracking from natural gas? Your squawking stinks of rank hypocrisy.
What grid scale battery storage? Where is this pumped hydro? Pipe dreams, nothing more.

Libs love EV's, not because of supposed lower emissions or carbon- (which by the way is just bullshit)- but because its easier to control the public because they control the electrical grid.

Remember and never forget, liberalism is based upon the concept that libs believe they can run your life better than you can. Telling other people what to do is the core principle of the ideology. Its just slavery with a smile- slavery of course being based upon the idea of someone telling someone else what to do.

Is there really a difference between a lib today telling someone to "wear that mask, get that vax" and a lib slave overseer telling someone to "pick that cotton, or row that boat"?
So
Back in Fab when TX froze and gas shipments stopped and gas ran out across the mid south

Know what didn't run out?
C'mon it's an easy one.

THAT's RIGHT!
ELECTRICITY DIDN'T RUN OUT!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What grid scale battery storage? Where is this pumped hydro? Pipe dreams, nothing more.
1634269871214.png

Electrical Energy Storage (EES) refers to the process of converting electrical energy into a stored form that can later be converted back into electrical energy when needed.1 Batteries are one of the most common forms of electrical energy storage, ubiquitous in most peoples' lives. The first battery—called Volta’s cell—was developed in 1800. The first U.S. large-scale energy storage facility was the Rocky River Pumped Storage plant in 1929, on the Housatonic River in Connecticut.2,3 Research in energy storage has increased dramatically, especially after the first U.S. oil crisis in the 1970s, and resulted in advancements in the cost and performance of rechargeable batteries.2,4,5 The impact energy storage can have on the current and future sustainable energy grid is substantial.6

• EES systems are characterized by rated power in megawatts (MW) and energy storage capacity in megawatt-hours (MWh).7
  • In 2020, the U.S. had over 24 GW of energy storage capacity compared to 1,124 GW of total installed generation capacity.8,9 Globally, installed energy storage capacity totaled 173.7 GW.10
  • In 2021, 1,363 energy storage projects were operational globally with 11 projects under construction. 40% of operational projects are located in the U.S.10
  • California leads the U.S. in energy storage with 215 operational projects (4.2 GW), followed by Hawaii, New York, and Texas.10
1634269992708.png

According to the 2021 edition of the Hydropower Market Report, PSH currently accounts for 95% of all utility-scale energy storage in the United States. America currently has 43 PSH plants and has the potential to add enough new PSH plants to more than double its current PSH capacity

View attachment 551899
Electrical Energy Storage (EES) refers to the process of converting electrical energy into a stored form that can later be converted back into electrical energy when needed.1 Batteries are one of the most common forms of electrical energy storage, ubiquitous in most peoples' lives. The first battery—called Volta’s cell—was developed in 1800. The first U.S. large-scale energy storage facility was the Rocky River Pumped Storage plant in 1929, on the Housatonic River in Connecticut.2,3 Research in energy storage has increased dramatically, especially after the first U.S. oil crisis in the 1970s, and resulted in advancements in the cost and performance of rechargeable batteries.2,4,5 The impact energy storage can have on the current and future sustainable energy grid is substantial.6

• EES systems are characterized by rated power in megawatts (MW) and energy storage capacity in megawatt-hours (MWh).7
  • In 2020, the U.S. had over 24 GW of energy storage capacity compared to 1,124 GW of total installed generation capacity.8,9 Globally, installed energy storage capacity totaled 173.7 GW.10
  • In 2021, 1,363 energy storage projects were operational globally with 11 projects under construction. 40% of operational projects are located in the U.S.10
  • California leads the U.S. in energy storage with 215 operational projects (4.2 GW), followed by Hawaii, New York, and Texas.10
View attachment 551900

According to the 2021 edition of the Hydropower Market Report, PSH currently accounts for 95% of all utility-scale energy storage in the United States. America currently has 43 PSH plants and has the potential to add enough new PSH plants to more than double its current PSH capacity
At the end of 2020, the United States had 1,117,475 MW—or about 1.12 billion kilowatts (kW)—of total utility-scale electricity generating capacity. So.... 27,091 MW of pumped hydro storage doesn't seem like much.

Would you agree with that Rogue AI ?

Ummm…nobody is confiscating gas powered cars. They are just becoming obsolete
You are making shit up again
you know what i mean...... these technologies evolve as the cost is accepted. I know I'll be driving a 50 yr old car when i croak

Electricity prices for consumers will at one point hit $0.44 per kilowatt hour in Norway tomorrow.
That means it will cost $44 to charge a Tesla at home. That is an insane price. What's even the point of an electric car anymore?

Electricity prices for consumers will at one point hit $0.44 per kilowatt hour in Norway tomorrow.
That means it will cost $44 to charge a Tesla at home. That is an insane price. What's even the point of an electric car anymore?
The present price for gasoline in Norway is $8.40 a gallon. That is $84 for a ten gallon tank. Hmmmmm...........

At the end of 2020, the United States had 1,117,475 MW—or about 1.12 billion kilowatts (kW)—of total utility-scale electricity generating capacity. So.... 27,091 MW of pumped hydro storage doesn't seem like much.

Would you agree with that Rogue AI ?
Grid scale storage functions exactly as peaker plants do. They kick in when there is excess demand. And at a far lower cost than fossil fuel peaker plants. So if they reach 20% of the capacity of the base load, they will have enough to replace all the fossil fuel peaker plants.

Damn. So, you took one spike and claimed it was what the householder in Norway pays for electricity. You are one dishonest SOB.

"Norwegian households have seen an increase in the price of electricity since 2008. Prices rose from 24.7 euro cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) in 2008 to 26.88 euro cents per kilowatt hour in 2019, for users with an annual consumption greater than 1,000 and lower than 2,500 kilowatt hours. However, for 2020, preliminary data suggests the average electricity price could be as low as 21.72 euro cents per kilowatt hour. On average, users with a consumption greater than 2,500 and lower than 5,000 kilowatt hours paid less for electricity, with rates at 13.55 euro cents per kilowatt hour in 2020."

Here is the truth, of which our EV enthusiasts DO NOT want you all to know.

The global elites never intend for everyone to own a car.

In the very near future, in a decade or so, cars will be self driving. They plan to have only the very wealthy, and the elites own them. The poor and lower classes will be packed into dense urban centers and villages, and will all SHARE transportation.

Perhaps, car enthusists in small towns, if they want to pay the astronomical fees that will be applied to the old fasioned tech? They will keep theirs. But finding parts, fuel and insurance will be costly and difficult.

Thus, the expected amount of energy needed for transport, will be less than we use for internal combustion. Folks will not have the money or freedom to motor around like they once did.

I'm already counting on the fact, that I am probably, if I take care of my current vehicle, on my last one.

I didn't once believe this, but if they can get folks to believe this virus is deadly to children, teens and middle aged folks, they can get society to hop on board with anything at this point.

Technocrats will destroy trillion dollar industries just because they can. Autonomous vehicles fueled by Artificial Intelligence and electricity will become the norm and combustion engine cars will be a distant legacy of the industrial revolution. ⁃ TN Editor

Death spiral for cars. By 2030, you probably won’t own one​

". . . Seba does not say that individual car ownership will completely disappear. By 2030, 40 per cent of cars will still be privately owned, but they will only account for 5 per cent of kilometres traveled.

Autonomous cars will be used 10 times more than internal combustion vehicles were, they will last longer – maybe one million miles (1.6 million km) – and the savings will inject an additional $1US trillion into the pockets of Americans by 2030.

Seba admits that his forecasts are hard to digest. But what he sees in the transition to autonomous EVs from privately owned petrol cars is the same he has seen for all other major transitions: what he calls the 10x opportunity cost.

It happened with the printing press, it happened with the first Model T – it cost the same as a carriage and two horses, but offered 10x the horsepower.

“Every time we have had a ten x change in technology, we had a disruption. This is going to be no different.”

And that change, he says, will happen on day one of level 5 autonomous EVs obtaining regulatory approval. “Basically, the day that autonomous vehicles are regulatory accepted, transport-as-a-service will be 10 cheaper than cost of new vehicles,” he says. And four times cheaper than the cost of already owned vehicles.

Why is this? Because everything will be cheaper.

Like his predictions on the rise of solar, and the sudden decline of fossil fuels, Seba’s calculations are driven by simple economics. Within few years, the upfront costs of AEVs will match those of petrol cars. But the depreciation costs will be minimal, because the cars, owned by fleets, will “last a lifetime”.

Maintenance costs will be significantly lower – thanks to 20 moving parts in the powertrain compared to 2,000 for petrol cars – and the miles travelled significantly higher; they will be doing 1.6 million km by 2030, more than five times more than petrol cars.. . . "

TAAS economics

51XBaD6iIWL.jpg

Rethinking Transportation 2020-2030
The Disruption of Transportation and the Collapse
of the Internal-Combustion Vehicle and Oil Industries

Grid scale storage functions exactly as peaker plants do. They kick in when there is excess demand. And at a far lower cost than fossil fuel peaker plants. So if they reach 20% of the capacity of the base load, they will have enough to replace all the fossil fuel peaker plants.
Except in this case they aren’t kicking in when there is excess demand but a decrease in renewable supply. Which means that you must over install capacity to meet demand and store surpluses which can be used later.

Forum List

Back