EV owners sure look stOOpid now!!

c5-2-e1449874923941-630x436.jpg
Is that a 1971 Country Squire?

Country Squire was Ford. That very clearly is not a Ford. My guess is that it's something from General Motors.

I had a green one. The 460 cubic inch big block and Bad Company on 8-track tape player rulez!

How could you have ever owned a genuine Country Squire, and later mistake a General Motors vehicle for one?

Why do you think they call it "Peak Hours"? Because the aging electrical grid is under the most strain during that time.

And you think we should be able to charge any time we want, regardless of the consequences? lol Talk about acting like a 5 year old.
We're sorry. You cannot charge your car at the moment. Please wait 4 hours then 1 more hour for the charge and you can be on your way.

Billboard sign for not buying an EV

Actually the Democrats' cap and tax plan that they tried to jam through for GE, the one that Obama promised would make your electricity rates skyrocket, had a provision that create the first ever national building code i the USA. That code required that every parking space have a special charger for an electric vehicle.

For example, If you has a two car garage, you couldn't get a permit to fix the roof on your home unless you upgraded your electric service and installed two EV chargers in your garage that cost several hundred dollars a piece.

Ted Kennedy's brain cancer and the tea party Republican revolution of 2010 is the only thing that prevented it.

That cap & tax bill would have been a death blow to our economy.

I'm not a religious person, but sometimes I think Ted Kennedy's brain cancer was divine intervention. It saved us from disaster.
Government needs to be dissolved once every century and recreated.

Revolutions serve a glorious purpose.

Country Squire was Ford. That very clearly is not a Ford. My guess is that it's something from General Motors.

How could you have ever owned a genuine Country Squire, and later mistake a General Motors vehicle for one?
I see. there are differences. The top of the faux wood veneer doesn't swoosh upwards behind the back door. It just goes straight. And the headlights aren't sunken in like on the Country Squire.

It's a Chevy. That's cool though. The first time I got laid was in the back seat of my mother's white Chevy station wagon when I was 12 years old playing spin the bottle in the garage.

There’s no shortage of petrol or diesel in the UK.

The shortage at petrol stations is caused by issues with transporting fuel from distribution terminals to forecourts.

Fucking dickhead.

Geez.

If you can't find gas to put in the tank that is a shortage. The cause is irrelevant.

Wassa matta? Did the actual factual truth hurt um's feewings?

Poor Tiny Brained idiot.

It was the power company (APS) inspector. Since inspecting solar installations was all he did, I’m pretty sure he knew the rules.

Based on the fact you don't have a cutout means he didn't.

It's a serious safety issue.

It was the power company (APS) inspector. Since inspecting solar installations was all he did, I’m pretty sure he knew the rules.
Are you back feeding the grid and or parallel to the grid?

In case of a loss of grid what protection do you have to ensure your power doesn't continue to backfeed the grid and endanger power line workers?

And there is the requirement to prevent back feeding during a power outage.

Based on the fact you don't have a cutout means he didn't.

It's a serious safety issue.
There is a cut out, it kills the power at the panels, not the connection to the grid. If the cutoff was at the meter I could use my panels during outages.

The takeover of the market by EV's is inevitable. The benchmarks are already known. When an EV can be had for $35k or less, getting over 275 miles on a full charge, and being rechargeable in 30 minutes. Those goals are within reach, and when they are reached, ICE cars will become niche vehicles, just as cars with stick shifts are today. They will always be around, but less and less popular/desirable.

It is EASY to program your charger to activate when the demand on the grid is least; it is already done. For most users they don't have to charge every single day, so it's not even an inconvenience.

The real risk with an EV is that by the time you want to trade it in, it will be nearly worthless due to improved technology (See: Nissan Leaf). For this reason most consumers will choose to lease their EV.

I am personally in a quandary. I'm itching to get a new vehicle but the dealers are asking for outrageous prices on anything in stock that is the least bit desirable. When things settle down, I think I'll choose between a GTI and a Mustang Mach-E.

And I won't worry about charging it when necessary.

And do you really think that they can expand the generation capacity by twenty five percent in nine years? The ecology freaks would have multiple cows with all those wind and solar farms threatening the ecology and wildlife. And they sure aren’t going to allow nuclear generating stations to be built, or any new dams either.
Yes, easily. All that is needed is transmission lines. We did better than that before.

Coal-powered electricity generation capacity increased significantly in the 1970s and 1980s​

The United States built many coal-fired power plants during the 1970s and 1980s to meet growing electricity demand. National energy policy, responding to concerns about global oil supplies in the 1970s and worries about scarcity of natural gas, favored coal as a domestic and reliable power source. During the two-decade “big buildup” of coal-fired power plants between 1967 and 1987, the United States added 202,416 MW—about two-thirds of the nation’s total coal-generating capacity.

It’s damned near impossible to get large generating projects approved in California, they can’t even expand existing generating stations. Too many ecological roadblocks in the approval process and too many NIMBYs.
Very easy to expand generation with many small generation plants, and also save on transmission losses at the same time.

1638596020809.png

And there are other places that can benefit from even larger solar installations in California;

1638596128479.png

Not in Arizona, I asked when I had my panels installed.
Is there a law against solar systems with battery backup in Arizona? Here we can get such systems, and when the grid goes down they automatically disconnect from the grid, and you can use the battery and backup to power your home while the grid is down.

Yes, easily. All that is needed is transmission lines. We did better than that before.

Coal-powered electricity generation capacity increased significantly in the 1970s and 1980s​

The United States built many coal-fired power plants during the 1970s and 1980s to meet growing electricity demand. National energy policy, responding to concerns about global oil supplies in the 1970s and worries about scarcity of natural gas, favored coal as a domestic and reliable power source. During the two-decade “big buildup” of coal-fired power plants between 1967 and 1987, the United States added 202,416 MW—about two-thirds of the nation’s total coal-generating capacity.

Umm, no. You need to increase power generation, dumbass.

Forum List

Back