Eu giving concessions on trade

From that link:

Mr. Trump repeatedly complains that the EU imposes 10% tariffs on auto imports, compared with 2.5% imposed by the U.S. He declines to mention the 25% tariffs the U.S. imposes on light trucks, versus the 10% rate in Europe.
Europe has a 10% tariff and we have a 2.5% tariff on cars. The point is to get them to negotiate then get a better deal, which according to both Presidents, happened....And both countries are working towards 0% tariffs.

So no more trade deficit with Europe, eh?
Hard to tell right now, but it should be significantly reduced. It was $147 billion in 2016. If we can reduce it to say $40 billion that's a huge win for us...but hopefully we'll be within the margin of error so to speak.

Say what?????

The European Union delegation meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday agreed to some concessions in an effort to avoid a trade war with the U.S., according to a European official in the room.

The Trumpster is negotiating and getting some concessions

The official said European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and his top trade official Cecilia Malmström agreed to work with the U.S. administration to lower industrial tariffs on both sides, increase LNG exports and soy beans to Europe, and align regulatory standards to allow for medical devices to have better market access in Europe, the official said.

I guess industry will be positively effected and hopefully more mfg jobs.
Hey look the soy farmers are going to get an increase in exports.......It's amazing what happens when you have people that know what they are doing in office.

Europeans Agree to Consider Changes on Trade, EU Official Says

Edited this post to add the presser

Trump begging the Europeans to buy soybeans. That is some funny chit.

" Please Mr EU man, buy some soybeans ... please please please.. "

Say what?????

The European Union delegation meeting with President Donald Trump Wednesday agreed to some concessions in an effort to avoid a trade war with the U.S., according to a European official in the room.

The official said European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and his top trade official Cecilia Malmström agreed to work with the U.S. administration to lower industrial tariffs on both sides, increase LNG exports and soy beans to Europe, and align regulatory standards to allow for medical devices to have better market access in Europe, the official said.

Hey look the soy farmers are going to get an increase in exports.......It's amazing what happens when you have people that know what they are doing in office.

Edited this post to add the presser

I think we call this #winning.

I've never doubted that if President Trump stays the course he will be successful. As I've said again and again, he's the leader you need at this time, and his decisions during his terms will bring trillions into the U.S economy for years after his terms.

Take it from someone who knows this game all too well and has had his finger on the pulse, America can't lose as long as you don't WANT to lose (or have patsies on foreign government payrolls).

Patriotism is something we lack in Canada, we're a hierarchy which handcuffs it's best and brightest so that low performers can get a free ride. Americans are dynamic and free, defend this to the end!

Oh, if Trump pulls this off he will go down as a hero for the next generation, for capitalists, Libertarians and economic students. Bottom line, don't ever give up your leverage and operate with such weakness, when you are the 500 pounds gorilla in the jungle.

God Bless America! Get 'er done Trump!

Very good news, at least for those who are hoping for the best.

Time will tell, so far the only semi-firm agreement was to buy more soybeans.

If you watch enough of these types of joint statements they are always full of vague promises that never seem to materialize

Do you believe Trump is going to go to Congress and ask them to end the more than 20 billion dollars a year subsidies given to the Ag sector?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you watch enough of these types of joint statements they are always full of vague promises that never seem to materialize

Do you believe Trump is going to go to Congress and ask them to end the more than 20 billion dollars a year subsidies given to the Ag sector?

He might. I think he's gonna do everything he can to make progress before having to ask for money, since that's certainly no sure thing.

And sure, this might ultimately be a big ol' pile of horse poopie.

I'm still very hopeful and will celebrate any victory. If it fails, I'll be disappointed and keep hoping for the best.

He might. I think he's gonna do everything he can to make progress before having to ask for money, since that's certainly no sure thing.

I'm still very hopeful and will celebrate any victory. If it fails, I'll be disappointed and keep hoping for the best.

I am not talking about the extra 12 billion he is asking for, I am talking about the 20 billion they get every year, year in and year out.

I am not talking about the extra 12 billion he is asking for, I am talking about the 20 billion they get every year, year in and year out.
Shit, sorry, didn't read that right.

Holy crap no. Too many votes to lose.

If we up our exportation of LNG to Europe, Russia is going to be pissed! I can't wait to see it.
So, liquifying NG, transporting it on ships. Build unloading stations in Europe is cheaper than a pipeline? I thought pipelines were the way to go?

So what did/will Trump promise to get the EU to buy more expensive NG? Or will Trump subsidize it?

Trump knows nothing about trade.

He is sofa king dumb that he this a trade deficit means were are losing money.

My God. What kind of asshole voted for this man?

America needs to remain close to Europe and work together to negotiate with Nork Korea and OPEC.

Say what?????

Good. Can he lift the tariffs now, or what?
-------------------------------- why lift the Tariffs , euros show weakness so its time to squeeze the 'euros' OldLady .

Forum List

Back