Erik Prince, Blackwater founder and Betsy DeVos’ brother, recruits ex-spies to infiltrate liberal

Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

One of the former spies, an ex-MI6 officer named Richard Seddon, helped run a 2017 operation to copy files and record conversations in a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ unions in the nation. Seddon directed an undercover operative to secretly tape the union’s local leaders and try to gather information that could be made public to damage the organization, documents show.

Using a different alias the next year, the same undercover operative infiltrated the congressional campaign of Abigail Spanberger, then a former CIA officer who went on to win an important House seat in Virginia as a Democrat. The campaign discovered the operative and fired her.

Erik Prince, Blackwater founder and Betsy DeVos’ brother, recruits ex-spies to infiltrate liberal groups — including campaigns and unions

I think we have hit good time level here. It doesn't get much better than this.

What could they being saying proposing that would give anyone a reason to check out their agenda unless it was one of a communist bent? Taking over education was one of the goals of communists of the 1930's....capturing academia to push said agenda.

Devos had a big agenda of taking public school money and creating a voucher program that would help not only give money to her rich friends to help pay for private schooling, but also help raise enrollment and the profits for her friends that own and run those private schools. The best way to do that is weaken any organization that fights or will fight to stop that.

Our public school system has become an unfunny joke. I was in a store and my purchases came to nine dollars and six cents. I handed her a ten dollar bill, a quarter and a penny. She entered the ten dollars but couldn't add the 26 cents because she hit "Enter" before she could enter the .26 cents. She pulled out the cellphone for the calculator feature to figure out how to give back a buck and two dimes instead of doing the math in her head. I would say unequivocally that we have a massive problem with education in this country.

Not everyone is good in every subject in school, and let's be real do you expect every adult working as a cashier instead of being a nurse, teacher, doctor, etc.? Do you think taking money from public schools is going to make them better?

As we have seen, putting more money in there does not produce better results.

We can only conclude they don't need the money as there is no potential there.

Erik Prince, the security contractor with close ties to the Trump administration, has in recent years helped recruit former American and British spies for secretive intelligence-gathering operations that included infiltrating Democratic congressional campaigns, labor organizations and other groups considered hostile to the Trump agenda, according to interviews and documents.

One of the former spies, an ex-MI6 officer named Richard Seddon, helped run a 2017 operation to copy files and record conversations in a Michigan office of the American Federation of Teachers, one of the largest teachers’ unions in the nation. Seddon directed an undercover operative to secretly tape the union’s local leaders and try to gather information that could be made public to damage the organization, documents show.

Using a different alias the next year, the same undercover operative infiltrated the congressional campaign of Abigail Spanberger, then a former CIA officer who went on to win an important House seat in Virginia as a Democrat. The campaign discovered the operative and fired her.

Erik Prince, Blackwater founder and Betsy DeVos’ brother, recruits ex-spies to infiltrate liberal groups — including campaigns and unions

What could they being saying proposing that would give anyone a reason to check out their agenda unless it was one of a communist bent? Taking over education was one of the goals of communists of the 1930's....capturing academia to push said agenda.

Devos had a big agenda of taking public school money and creating a voucher program that would help not only give money to her rich friends to help pay for private schooling, but also help raise enrollment and the profits for her friends that own and run those private schools. The best way to do that is weaken any organization that fights or will fight to stop that.

Our public school system has become an unfunny joke. I was in a store and my purchases came to nine dollars and six cents. I handed her a ten dollar bill, a quarter and a penny. She entered the ten dollars but couldn't add the 26 cents because she hit "Enter" before she could enter the .26 cents. She pulled out the cellphone for the calculator feature to figure out how to give back a buck and two dimes instead of doing the math in her head. I would say unequivocally that we have a massive problem with education in this country.

Not everyone is good in every subject in school, and let's be real do you expect every adult working as a cashier instead of being a nurse, teacher, doctor, etc.? Do you think taking money from public schools is going to make them better?

How much more tax dollars should be allocated towards teaching students on basic math that thirty years ago taught basic math?????? Throwing money at a problem isn't going to improve basic abilities that should have been taught in grade school.

Who said throwing money at them? I'm advocating against TAKING money from them. They aren't going to get fixed with less money.

What should happen is using the money to create better policies, keep teachers happy and excited to do their job, and get rid of ridiculous programs like the common core new math... it's fucking ridiculous.

Charter Schools aren't "private schools" at all. They enroll and educate students and the local school districts cut them a check to do so.

Parents VOLUNTARILY send their offspring to Charter Schools, and they do so because they believe that a Non-union Charter School will provide a better education, and they are exercising their Freedom of Choice. Why are libs so anti-choice?

Because they are doing it with tax dollars that takes away money that would improve public schools to help build the education of a lot more people. I'm not a Lib, so it isn't just Libs that think this is a very bad plan.

It doesn't help that Devos has NEVER been a public school teacher and yet thinks she knows the right way to help manage them as the Secretary of Education. How about we be honest and admit she got her job because the amount of money her and her family that owns the ACME corporation is what got it for her, not because she is qualified.

Actually, Charter Schools reduce the responsibility of the public school systems by taking students away from them. So even though they have less funds, they have less number of kids to worry about teaching.

DeVos was active for many years as an advocate for students and education. Just because she was never a public school teacher, I don't see where that matters much.

I don't think you know as much about Devos as you should. She helped totally fuck up the Michigan school system sinking it to one of the worst performing school systems in the entire country.

DeVos struggles over Mich. schools on ‘60 Minutes’

The fact that 60 minutes demonized Secretary DeVos really doesn't impress me too much. CBS hatred for Republicans is well documented for many decades. Remember it was on 60 minutes that the Fake Killian Letters designed to take down Dubya in 2004 were revealed even before vetting.

You didn't read the article. She changed the system, and then did not follow up to see if it was working and fucking even visit schools to get feedback. I'm not going to argue with people that won't take the time to actually read.

Where did I say put more money into it? Saying that they should not TAKE money away from public schools is not the same as saying to put MORE money into them.

How much more tax dollars should be allocated towards teaching students on basic math that thirty years ago taught basic math?????? Throwing money at a problem isn't going to improve basic abilities that should have been taught in grade school.

I went to 12 years of Catholic schools and was taught by nuns and later, religious brothers, the basics R's- reading ,'riting, 'rithmetic and religion. None of those women and men got paid shit. Public school teachers got paid a lot more. Yet, our test scores and achievement far exceeded the local government schools. So, no, throwing more money at the public schools doesn't improve performance.

Where did I say put more money into it? Saying that they should not TAKE money away from public schools is not the same as saying to put MORE money into them.

And what I am saying is that they were at 8,000 per student.

They went to 12,000 per student and nothing changed.

Go back to 8,000 per student. If things get worse, try to understand why.

I went to 12 years of Catholic schools and was taught by nuns and later, religious brothers, the basics R's- reading ,'riting, 'rithmetic and religion. None of those women and men got paid shit. Public school teachers got paid a lot more. Yet, our test scores and achievement far exceeded the local government schools. So, no, throwing more money at the public schools doesn't improve performance.

I know someone who works in a school district of a big city.

His job, in his own words "is to break up the contant fistfights that happen every day".

A woman whose daughter I coached was very upset when her daughter started middle school....fight on the bus. Bus driver pulls over, breaks it up, separates the brats and tells them to stay put. Gets back on the street and the two go at it again.

Not a fucking finger lifted by the administration.

Yet you didn't learn that using anecdotal arguments in a discussion is a logical fallacy.
1f937_200d_2642.png

We really need to keep children in failing public schools. Immigrant drug dealers can come in an teach those kids how to sell drugs.

Huge fail. Please feel free to share any time that the government has privatized a significant public program and it was successful.

The government has issued and continues to issue contracts for all sorts of public services, from building of roads, to collecting refuses, to running penitentiaries. Should the government payroll expand so that all of those private employees can be fired?

We really need to keep children in failing public schools. Immigrant drug dealers can come in an teach those kids how to sell drugs.

Huge fail. Please feel free to share any time that the government has privatized a significant public program and it was successful.

The government has issued and continues to issue contracts for all sorts of public services, from building of roads, to collecting refuses, to running penitentiaries. Should the government payroll expand so that all of those private employees can be fired?

Another logical fallacy. Did they not teach Philosophy and Logic at your school?

It's your crazy right wing propaganda, brainwashed functional moron. Duh

Ironic coming from a proponent of communism and teaching the ideals of collectivism, dumb ass.

And the left has had spies in the White House as well as in the DOJ and FBI.

Prince and his organization, brother of Secretary of Education DeVos, spied on a teacher union to attack a group that is despised by the right. How dare a group of people, many who are women, organize to help themselves and their families? Betsy Devos would love to see corporations run public schools for profit.
Unions run it for profit you dick wad

Ironic coming from a proponent of communism and teaching the ideals of collectivism, dumb ass.
Hilarious, brainwashed functional moron. I'm for being like Canada lol you are a brainwashed functional moron nobody is for communism I caramba

And the left has had spies in the White House as well as in the DOJ and FBI.
Too bad you have no evidence of that. Just garbage propaganda if anything

Another logical fallacy. Did they not teach Philosophy and Logic at your school?
This topic has a strange similarity to O and IRS silencing Tea Party groups some years ago. That apparently worked and no one faced consequences.

As did Arne Duncan and John King, Jr.

Forum List

Back