Eradicate Multiculturalism - Ban Foreign Language Use

While I agree with the premise of English as the "national language" and would like there to be a cultural/social expectancy of English, even if simply to save money on having to translate everything to whatever all languages, I'm not particularly keen to "ban" any languages... Alaska speaks some 90 languages, most of them Native Alaskan dialects which we actively fight to keep alive up here so they are not lost to history. I would not be keen to prevent teachers in the villages from teaching in their language as many of them will never leave their villages anyway. I guess I think banning foreign languages is a bit too harsh...

If you make the USA "english only" you might as well kiss tourism goodbye. Nobody would want to come here to be abused for not speaking english

In past years, immigrants came to America legally,learned English and assimilated into our American culture. They had no telephone recordings, foreign language TV shows,or any other external assistance. And they did fine. One of the ways we can "make America great again" is to return to those days when immigrants came here legally, without changing America into a "tangle of squabbling nationalities" as ex-President Theodore Roosevelt stated it.

To be truly a NATION, we must have ONE clearly defined national language, or else we will be a mish-mash, not a nation. Either you have a nation, or you don't.

Ignorance on full display. After the Constitution was passed by the Continental Congress it had to be ratified by the states. So, the first thing they did was TRANSLATE the damn thing, to German and Dutch, so that the CITIZENS speaking those languages and not ENGLISH could understand it.

Like I have said before, both the churches and schools in this area conducted their services in GERMAN, not English, until shortly before the Civil War. There were public school systems in North Carolina operating in German till the end of the 19th century.

Not agonna happen.
I seem to recall you saying that about Donald Trump getting elected POTUS. :laugh:
You kept saying dire things were going to happen to Obama. :lol:

You demonstrate you know very little, and that wrongly, about these matters.

buddy, you are in the very small minority on these matters. You can chatter and natter but it does not matter.

We need to dispose of all the foreign language usage that has been inserted into our society. This includes telephone recordings, voting ballots, TV and radio broadcasting, newspapers, billboards, etc. We need to clearly establish that our national language is American English. The insertion of foreign language (esp. Spanish) has been a dleiberate political act, to encourage illegal immigration into our country, from Mexico and other Latin American countries, to add to the counts of Democrat Party VOTES.

This is harmful to America. Not only does it encourage illegal immigration and increase it, it also deters foreign language speaking people from learning English, and makes us a multicultural society, thereby establishing conflict whereby people cannot communicate with each other.

Language if the foundation of nationality. A NATION is a community of people with a distinctive language and culture (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.) Language is the reason why/how nations came to exist.

In past years, immigrants came to America legally,learned English and assimilated into our American culture. They had no telephone recordings, foreign language TV shows,or any other external assistance. And they did fine. One of the ways we can "make America great again" is to return to those days when immigrants came here legally, without changing America into a "tangle of squabbling nationalities" as ex-President Theodore Roosevelt stated it.

To be truly a NATION, we must have ONE clearly defined national language, or else we will be a mish-mash, not a nation. Either you have a nation, or you don't.

What do we call places wh Spanish Or French names ?

No more San Francisco or Baton Rouge !?

Not agonna happen.
I seem to recall you saying that about Donald Trump getting elected POTUS. :laugh:

buddy, you are in the very small minority on these matters. You can chatter and natter but it does not matter.
You lie like there is no tomorrow and then guess what? It's tomorrow and you start all over. Sames lies different day. Maybe if you step outside and see your shadow you'll disappear in six weeks?
So you are for banning foreign language use of immigrants? Not very American of you.

ASL signs vs. English signs. ASL (American Sign Language) is a complete, unique language developed by deaf people, for deaf people and is used in its purest form by people who are Deaf. Being its own language, it not only has its own vocabulary, but also its own grammar that differs from English.

Under your view deaf translators would be prohibited. Think about it.

Red Herring gramps.

Not agonna happen.

You lie like there is no tomorrow and then guess what? It's tomorrow and you start all over. Sames lies different day. Maybe if you step outside and see your shadow you'll disappear in six weeks?
So you are for banning foreign language use of immigrants? Not very American of you.
They can't learn English screw them. And stop referring to "American". You have any clue what it means.

Foreign languages will remain along with ethnic food and culture.

The alt right cannot change any of that.

We need to dispose of all the foreign language usage that has been inserted into our society. This includes telephone recordings, voting ballots, TV and radio broadcasting, newspapers, billboards, etc. We need to clearly establish that our national language is American English. The insertion of foreign language (esp. Spanish) has been a dleiberate political act, to encourage illegal immigration into our country, from Mexico and other Latin American countries, to add to the counts of Democrat Party VOTES.

This is harmful to America. Not only does it encourage illegal immigration and increase it, it also deters foreign language speaking people from learning English, and makes us a multicultural society, thereby establishing conflict whereby people cannot communicate with each other.

Language if the foundation of nationality. A NATION is a community of people with a distinctive language and culture (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.) Language is the reason why/how nations came to exist.

What do we call places wh Spanish Or French names ?

You'd have to change half the names in Acadiana as well as street names in NOLA!!

Alt right: People who believe in rule of law, greater opportunity for Americans, limited government, and freedom, with all it's responsibilities.

While I agree with the premise of English as the "national language" and would like there to be a cultural/social expectancy of English, even if simply to save money on having to translate everything to whatever all languages, I'm not particularly keen to "ban" any languages... Alaska speaks some 90 languages, most of them Native Alaskan dialects which we actively fight to keep alive up here so they are not lost to history. I would not be keen to prevent teachers in the villages from teaching in their language as many of them will never leave their villages anyway. I guess I think banning foreign languages is a bit too harsh...

If you make the USA "english only" you might as well kiss tourism goodbye. Nobody would want to come here to be abused for not speaking english

Are you trying to say that tourists visiting feel "abused" because we American's speak English? I think you're full of shit on that.

Alaska gets a lot of foreign speaking visitors, they have no issues with the fact that most of us speak English, in fact, they usually learn English prior to visiting knowing that we speak English, the wealthy ones bring an interpreter.

What do we call places with Spanish Or French names ?

Those have become American names. Don't you know the English language contains many words "borrowed" from other languages?(Examples from French > Avenue, Restaurant, Reconaissence)

These are words. I'm talking about radio shows, telephone recordings, > ie. Speech

Foreign languages will remain along with ethnic food and culture.

The alt right cannot change any of that.
You lost your prediction status around here, when you claimed Trump would never get to the White House. Back to the doghouse for you. :badgrin:

Government does not need to ban it. Just stop using it. Problem solved.

In past years, immigrants came to America legally,learned English and assimilated into our American culture. .
Like in Little Italy, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Brighton Beach, etc? And that's just New York City. There have always been enclaves of immigrants that maintain their cultural identities and where one can live one's entire life without speaking English.

But the funny thing is that even though it's possible...most do learn English. They're not forced to, and they're not really penalized for not. But the incentives to learn English, and the fact that universal education teaches English to immigrant children gives us many, but not enough, bilingual people.

Do you want to talk about New Orleans, Texas, California, Hawaii, Alaska, where English speakers were the immigrants and failed to assimilate?

Forum List

Back