End Gov’t Waste: Stop Paying Federal Employees to Perform Union Business

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I’ve seen and posted similar articles in the past. But, this is always worth repeating. Why should YOUR tax dollars fund union business? And, what about the jobs those employees are supposed to be doing instead? It’s supposed to be YOUR business, isn’t it?

According to a new Competitive Enterprise Institute report, there are an estimated 1,000 federal employees who spend 100 percent of their work hours on labor union business instead of actual government work. They are permitted to do this because of the little-known provision called union “official time,” which gives paid leave to federal employees to perform union business like lobbying, attending union conventions, and filing grievances.

In addition to the 100 percent official time employees, many more federal employees spend a portion of their workday on union business. The most recent data from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) finds that official time costs $162.5 million and federal employees spend 3.4 million hours on union business.

And these are just estimates. The question is – what is the true cost?

More @ End Gov’t Waste: Stop Paying Federal Employees to Perform Union Business

I'm convinced that I am in the wrong business... I should have been a government employee, because those cats have had it made. Wow !!!!! It's amazing what my tax dollars have been doing over the years, but when I need something I can't get it. :bang3:

Forum List

Back