Emergency room visits from distracted walking skyrocket

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Report finds growing dangers of distracted walking

I brought this issue to your attention a few days ago when I posted about how young people don't socialize with each other, but play with their cellphones instead.

And there's that commercial where young people are dancing in a park but all of them are listening to cellphones and each is alone with his or her music.

Android Google Play Music App TV Spot, 'Silent Disco Dancer'

Kids are supposed to meet each other at dances. Dances lead to dates. Dates lead to relationships. Relationships lead to marriage. Marriage leads to kids -- the next generation. Watch this video, especially the ending:

A Video With One Powerful Message For Us All! So True!

And all of that is stopped cold if you're on a cell phone and not paying attention to the world around you.

And yes, you can cross the street and die.

I was driving the other day, and I stopped at an intersection. A kid crossed the street in front of me. He was looking down at his cell phone, and was not paying attention to the world. He did not even look left or right before he started crossing the street. He did not see my car, only inches away from him. If I had started moving, he would not have seen me in time to save himself.

Forum List

Back