Elllson Compares 9-11 to Reichstag Fire

Lmao...and now you just called yourself a "lib who can't and won't accept the truth". This is getting more amusing every post.

With their famous double standards, libs can say and do anything - and their supporters will stand on the sidelines in total silence

This Muslim nut compares the President of the US to Hitler and the war in Iraq to a Nazi fraud - and the left defends him

With their famous double standards, libs can say and do anything - and their supporters will stand on the sidelines in total silence

This Muslim nut compares the President of the US to Hitler and the war in Iraq to a Nazi fraud - and the left defends him

so...you have changed your tune about his purported assertion that 9/11 was an inside job?

wise move.

You know RSR with all your ranting and raving and big show of "outrage" over comparisons of Bush to Hitler, the one thing I haven't seen you do is offer any rebuttal of the comparisons.

I see a lot of historical similarities between Bush and Hitler.

How about pointing out how I am wrong instead of continuing with all the drama and hysterics?

You know RSR with all your ranting and raving and big show of "outrage" over comparisons of Bush to Hitler, the one thing I haven't seen you do is offer any rebuttal of the comparisons.

I see a lot of historical similarities between Bush and Hitler.

How about pointing out how I am wrong instead of continuing with all the drama and hysterics?

Let's make sure not to leave out the fact that Bush's grandfather Prescott helped fund the Nazi's into power.

Let's make sure not to leave out the fact that Bush's grandfather Prescott helped fund the Nazi's into power.

I agree. Let's also not leave out how the Paul fanatics have spammed just about every internet site around. All polls, all Paul, all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_hitler

Reichstag fire and the March electionsHaving become Chancellor, Hitler foiled all attempts to gain a majority in parliament and on that basis persuaded President Hindenburg to dissolve the Reichstag again. Elections were scheduled for early March, but on February 27, 1933, the Reichstag building was set on fire.[27] Since a Dutch independent communist was found in the building, the fire was blamed on a Communist plot to which the government reacted with the Reichstag Fire Decree of February 28, which suspended basic rights, including habeas corpus. just like Bush has done with various aspects of his "war on terror" Under the provisions of this decree, the German Communist Party and other groups were suppressed, and communist functionaries and deputies were arrested, put to flight, or murdered.

Campaigning continued, with the Nazis making use of paramilitary violence, anti-Communist hysteria, just like Bush's anti-terrorist propaganda and the government's resources for propaganda. On election day, March 6, the NSDAP increased its result to 43.9% of the vote, remaining the largest party, but its victory was marred by its failure to secure an absolute majority, necessitating maintaining a coalition with the DNVP
just like the results of the last two elections. Can you imagine what would be going on today if Republicans had held onto Congress in 06?

You see RSR?

Citing similarities between Bush and Hitler is not that outrageous.

Why the fake outrage then?

precisely. If, for example, I would point out that both Bush and Hitler have brown eyes, that is not saying that Bush would gas six million Jews. Comparing them in areas in which they are similar is not saying that they are identical. Hitler was an evil terrible man. Bush, on the other hand, is an incompetent terrible leader....but he is not inherently evil.

so...you have changed your tune about his purported assertion that 9/11 was an inside job?

wise move.

Not at all

It is clear he is repeating the kook left conspiracy theory - expect to other Dems who are trying to provide him cover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_hitler

Reichstag fire and the March electionsHaving become Chancellor, Hitler foiled all attempts to gain a majority in parliament and on that basis persuaded President Hindenburg to dissolve the Reichstag again. Elections were scheduled for early March, but on February 27, 1933, the Reichstag building was set on fire.[27] Since a Dutch independent communist was found in the building, the fire was blamed on a Communist plot to which the government reacted with the Reichstag Fire Decree of February 28, which suspended basic rights, including habeas corpus. just like Bush has done with various aspects of his "war on terror" Under the provisions of this decree, the German Communist Party and other groups were suppressed, and communist functionaries and deputies were arrested, put to flight, or murdered.

Campaigning continued, with the Nazis making use of paramilitary violence, anti-Communist hysteria, just like Bush's anti-terrorist propaganda and the government's resources for propaganda. On election day, March 6, the NSDAP increased its result to 43.9% of the vote, remaining the largest party, but its victory was marred by its failure to secure an absolute majority, necessitating maintaining a coalition with the DNVP
just like the results of the last two elections. Can you imagine what would be going on today if Republicans had held onto Congress in 06?

You see RSR?

Citing similarities between Bush and Hitler is not that outrageous.

Why the fake outrage then?

Libs cannot go very long without pulling out the Hitler card. Now elected Dems are doing it - that is what I am talking about

Yet, until the following segment during Thursday’s “Grapevine” on Fox News’ “Special Report with Brit Hume,” no major mainstream media outlet cared:

HUME: And now the most intriguing two minutes in television, the latest from the Political Grapevine.

Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison, the first Muslim member of the House, says Bush administration actions following 9-11 remind him of the way Adolf Hitler's government expanded his power after the burning of Berlin's Reichstag--that was the parliament building--in 1933.

Ellison told a gathering of atheists recently "It's almost like the fire, kind of remind me of that. After it was burned they blamed the communists for it, and then put the leader of that country, that would be Hitler, in a position where he could, basically, have the authority to do whatever he wanted. The fact is I'm not saying that September 11th was a U.S. plan, or anything like that, because you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box, dismiss you."

Ellison later told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that examples of Bush administration actions fitting his Nazi parallel include the Iraq war, certain provisions of the Patriot Act, and the commutation of Scooter Libby's prison sentence.

Interestingly, about an hour later, CNN also reported this incident during the 4PM EST installment of “The Situation Room.” Pay particular attention to the lengths host Wolf Blitzer and correspondent Keith Oppenheim go to excuse Ellison’s comments:

WOLF BLITZER, HOST: A man of faith speaks to a group of atheists and reportedly compares the 9/11 attacks to a pivotal event concerning Nazi Germany -- Democratic Congressman Keith Ellison, the first Muslim ever elected to the House of Representatives, also blasting Vice President Dick Cheney.

Our national correspondent, Keith Oppenheim, is joining us now from Chicago.

This is causing a little bit of a stir out there. What exactly did he say? What's going on?

KEITH OPPENHEIM, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, first of all, Wolf, some of the themes that Keith Ellison is talking about are themes that he has been sounding off on for a while.

For example, when I interviewed Keith Ellison last fall, just a week before he was elected, he used fairly edgy rhetoric in his condemnation of the Bush administration and the war in
http://newsbusters.org/node/14103

dicking and dodging the points made?

The subject has been discussed to death. Unfortunately, you have been unable or unwilling to understand a very simple concept.

A & B (persons or situations) may be alike in some ways and not in others. Comparing A & B does not suggest that A & B are necessarily the same, just alike in certain respects.

Please feel free to refer back to the post where I compared Hitler to my wife by way of illustration.

I only go through this level of effort with you, because I believe you really care, and in some way, this can only bring us closer together.

The subject has been discussed to death. Unfortunately, you have been unable or unwilling to understand a very simple concept.

A & B (persons or situations) may be alike in some ways and not in others. Comparing A & B does not suggest that A & B are necessarily the same, just alike in certain respects.

Please feel free to refer back to the post where I compared Hitler to my wife by way of illustration.

I only go through this level of effort with you, because I believe you really care, and in some way, this can only bring us closer together.

It is a very simple concept. A big mouth Dem compares Bush to Hitler and tries to say 9-11 was an inside job so the US could attack Muslims

Now we have the liberal media and the libs trying to protect him and spin his comments

It is a very simple concept. A big mouth Dem compares Bush to Hitler and tries to say 9-11 was an inside job so the US could attack Muslims

Now we have the liberal media and the libs trying to protect him and spin his comments

Did you read the part of your own post where Ellison was quoted:

"The fact is I'm not saying that September 11th was a U.S. plan, or anything like that, because you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box, dismiss you."

You really didn't get the whole A & B thing I tried to show you. Did you?

Don't worry, I am a patient man, and I am willing to work with you as long as it takes. Just don't give up on me, cuz I'm never gonna give up on you!

ReillyT + RSR = 4ever

Did you miss this part?

On Tuesday, Ellison told me that he invoked the Reichstag fire to make the point that "in the aftermath of a tragedy, space is opened up for governments to take action that they could not have achieved before that." Which of the Bush administration's post-9/11 actions did he place in that category? The Iraq war, Bush's commutation of Scooter Libby's sentence and certain provisions of the Patriot Act, he said.

Those seem a tad short of unleashing storm troopers, torturing political opponents and demolishing the rule of law.

During his speech, Ellison went on to tell the atheists that "I'm not saying [Sept. 11] was a [U.S.] plan, or anything like that, because, you know, that's how they put you in the nut-ball box -- dismiss you."

Granted, such statements might get you dismissed as a nutball. But are they true?

Ellison now says they are not. When we spoke, he agreed that Osama bin Laden -- not the Bush administration -- was responsible for the attacks on 9/11.

But why didn't he do the responsible thing and say that when asked about it at the atheists' meeting?

Forum List

Back