Ellen DeGeneres named Mark Twain Prize recipient

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Ellen DeGeneres Named Mark Twain Prize Recipient - The Washington Post

By Jacqueline Trescott, Updated: Tuesday, May 15, 8:20 AM

Ellen DeGeneres, the award-winning comedian and talk show host, has been selected by the Kennedy Center to receive this year’s Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.

Ellen, as she is known to the millions who watch her syndicated talk show, had this to say about the award.

“It’s such an honor to receive the Mark Twain Prize. To get the same award that has been given to people like Bill Cosby, Tina Fey and Will Ferrell, it really makes me wonder . . . why didn’t I get this sooner?”

DeGeneres, 54, is the fifteenth recipient of the Twain, the center announced Tuesday. She was chosen because her “special brand of humor has allowed us to find hilarity in the mundane and has kept us laughing for years,” said center chairman David M. Rubenstein.
<more>

Oh, I thought I read the Marcia Twain award, a prestigious honor awarded annually by the Federation of Strap-on Manufacturers of America along with a lifetime membership in their renowned Prodigious Pounders Club.

Oh, well. Maybe next year, Ellen...

She is quite the entertainer and comedian, she has always had good timing in her routines and even impromptu on her show, she shows a knack for timing.

Was she given this honor because of her work? Should being a lesbian negate the merit of whateve work she did?

If she deserved the award good. If she was given the honor because she was a lesbian that didn't totally screw it up, it's more PCBS.

She is quite the entertainer and comedian, she has always had good timing in her routines and even impromptu on her show, she shows a knack for timing.
I have always regarded her as an excellent standup comedian. Her timing is excellent. I don't care for her show, but I don't like any of those types of shows.

She's in my all-time top ten of standup comics.

Question: how the hell did Will Farrell win it?

I love Ellens show....i watch it every day. She does so much for people and she's one of the funniest people i've seen. I think she deserves it!

Forum List

Back