Elite University Department Bans Use Of Word ‘Field,’ Claiming It’s Too Racist

No fooling. As insanity continues its rage through the education system and our culture.

So, no more field goals?

The University of Southern California (USC) Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work will no longer use the world “field” in its curriculum or its practices as part of its anti-racist framework, according to an email reportedly sent Monday.
The school reportedly stripped the word from use due to alleged ties to “anti-Black” and “anti-immigrant” rhetoric, according to the email sent by the Practicum Education Department to the campus community, faculty, staff and students. The school informed that the word “practicum” would be used instead to “ensure [its] use of inclusive language and practice.” (RELATED: Stanford University Attempts To Ban ‘Harmful’ Words, List Includes ‘American’)
“This change supports anti-racist social work practice by replacing language that could be considered anti-Black or anti-immigrant in favor of inclusive language,” the email reportedly reads. “Language can be powerful, and phrases such as ‘going into the field’ or ‘field work’ may have connotations for descendants of slavery and immigrant workers that are not benign.”

Lol. I saw that report. I am still chuckling.

This will ruin the career of Sally Fields.

Stawberry Fields won’t be forever.

Field of Dreams will get Kevin Costner cancelled.

No fooling. As insanity continues its rage through the education system and our culture.

So, no more field goals?

The University of Southern California (USC) Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work will no longer use the world “field” in its curriculum or its practices as part of its anti-racist framework, according to an email reportedly sent Monday.
The school reportedly stripped the word from use due to alleged ties to “anti-Black” and “anti-immigrant” rhetoric, according to the email sent by the Practicum Education Department to the campus community, faculty, staff and students. The school informed that the word “practicum” would be used instead to “ensure [its] use of inclusive language and practice.” (RELATED: Stanford University Attempts To Ban ‘Harmful’ Words, List Includes ‘American’)
“This change supports anti-racist social work practice by replacing language that could be considered anti-Black or anti-immigrant in favor of inclusive language,” the email reportedly reads. “Language can be powerful, and phrases such as ‘going into the field’ or ‘field work’ may have connotations for descendants of slavery and immigrant workers that are not benign.”

This is cotton-picken' crazy!!

Doesn't numerous studies show that when the average normal person hears the word field that the first word they associate is N*gg*?? :dunno:

XXXXL

Heaven forbid the football team competing in the Cotton Bowl on the field. Double whammy.

yeah, Lord knows, only black people have ever worked in a field. Soon, the word WORK will become
racist as well, because working for a Boss, is just insensitive and wrong!

I file this under "whatever."

Yeah, insisting on 'practicum' (?!) seems pretty silly and over-reactionary to me, but one person wrote one memo. What do I care?

Forum List

Back