Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

When have you EVER witnessed a government institution reverse itself after crafting a shitty detrimental law EXCEPT Roe Vs. Wade? This was something as serious as the murder of babies, it took 50 years and a massive shift in court politics to even begin to fix the issue. Yet in some states infanticide will still be 100% legal and protected by leftist authoritarians hell bent on continued population reduction and control. So rest assured it will NEVER be totally "fixed".

Every other mistake made by political whores in local, state or federal legislatures or regulatory agencies has to be so egregious that lives are ruined and millions of people have to be outraged.

Your point is well-taken, Pete, but I have this vague recollection of the US Government reversing its attitude toward certain countries in the Middle East that were aiding and abetting Al Qaeda and its noxious allies who cheered and danced in the street when the World Trade Center Buildings and the Pentagon was hit with our own planes in an act of Jihad. We lost 3,000 American and a few foreign visitors touring the WTC. Seems I recollect Congress declared war the following day because of the shock of almost all of us, some of whom demanded of their representatives in Congress and the Senate to let the world know how unprofitable it is to hit our nation that had a tradition of welcoming legal immigrants to our shores, with open arms since we became a sovereign nation. I felt so helpless and sad that day as I watched the second airplane hit the tower's twin. I had been online and was alerted by others to turn the tv on. No sooner had I done that when it showed the second plane hit, and later, the Pentagon, and even later, United Airlines Flight 93 nosedived into a Pennsylvania pasture shortly after takeoff when some very brave Americans tried to stop the well-prepared hijackers who immediately went down 90 degrees into the earth with no chance of any survivors whatever in a suicide decision spot on to fatal disaster. :(

it depends .has it reached thermal runaway?
Well. Did the fire start in the battery which went into thermal runaway... Yes. Tell me how you get foam into the battery box to cool it.

You should at least read up on extinguishing an EV battery fire. Try the NTSB site.

Your point is well-taken, Pete, but I have this vague recollection of the US Government reversing its attitude toward certain countries in the Middle East that were aiding and abetting Al Qaeda and its noxious allies who cheered and danced in the street when the World Trade Center Buildings and the Pentagon was hit with our own planes in an act of Jihad. We lost 3,000 American and a few foreign visitors touring the WTC. Seems I recollect Congress declared war the following day because of the shock of almost all of us, some of whom demanded of their representatives in Congress and the Senate to let the world know how unprofitable it is to hit our nation that had a tradition of welcoming legal immigrants to our shores, with open arms since we became a sovereign nation. I felt so helpless and sad that day as I watched the second airplane hit the tower's twin. I had been online and was alerted by others to turn the tv on. No sooner had I done that when it showed the second plane hit, and later, the Pentagon, and even later, United Airlines Flight 93 nosedived into a Pennsylvania pasture shortly after takeoff when some very brave Americans tried to stop the well-prepared hijackers who immediately went down 90 degrees into the earth with no chance of any survivors whatever in a suicide decision spot on to fatal disaster. :(
I don't really recall a significant shift in our relations with any islamic countries.

If anything it got worse with democrook lunatics embracing palestinian groups more openly.

These EVs are fine for southern California. They're not gonna work in the rest of the country. People in Idaho, Montana, Dakota, Minnesota, etc aren't going to shell out $75,000 and not be able to use it 6 months out of the year.

On an MVC we're trained to cut battery cables if it's safe to do so. In case of a fire though it's all about hosing it.
we're were told to foam the absolute shit out of it because foam smothers the fire more effectively. the very first regular car fire I ever went to I hit magnesium on the motor under the firewall and scared the shit out of me and my partner.

Well. Did the fire start in the battery which went into thermal runaway... Yes. Tell me how you get foam into the battery box to cool it.

You should at least read up on extinguishing an EV battery fire. Try the NTSB site.
you cannot get foam into the battery box without penetrating it. but foam is overall a better method to fight the overall fire. or just let it burn.

we're were told to foam the absolute shit out of it because foam smothers the fire more effectively. the very first regular car fire I ever went to I hit magnesium on the motor under the firewall and scared the shit out of me and my partner.
How do you get foam into the belly mounted battery? You don't. Either you pierce the battery pan and inject water with nozzles or immerse completely.

I'm in a rural VFD so sometimes foam wasn't an option depending on the truck, but our chief and the officers never had rookies getting on them right away. The rule was Bunker Gear, SCBA, and as much distance as possible. I only answered one call with an actual fire on a vehicle anyway. Most all of the calls I've been on were wild fires and a few structures. I generally operate the tender also, but I have done some interiors.

I'm in a rural VFD so sometimes foam wasn't an option depending on the truck, but our chief and the officers never had rookies getting on them right away. The rule was Bunker Gear, SCBA, and as much distance as possible. I only answered one call with an actual fire on a vehicle anyway. Most all of the calls I've been on were wild fires and a few structures. I generally operate the tender also, but I have done some interiors.
we're rural as well. we've grown from a shed and 2 trucks to 5 stations and around 10 million in equipment.

how do you propose piercing a battery box?
RPG?

1665104705538.png

Forum List

Back