Electric Silverado

I don't know at this point exactly either, marvin. I'd have gone with a cheaper, less toxic technology myself. But the range would undoubtedly be less at this point as well.

Nope. I was right the first time. Says C-2500 on it plain as day. So my bucket truck was a C-3500. Came down from Maine Electric. Purred like a kitten. Yep, brush painted most of it with my own mix of latex house paint. Really miss that thing. Used it to prune my trees..

It is ridiculous to be trying to make current oversized vehicles into battery powered ones. For that, electrical supply and battery tech would have to drastically change, and it won't that much or soon enough. Personal transportation that is electric has to be light and agile. Different values and tastes are necessary.
In all likelihood, we are condemned to all pay high prices for dirty energy so too many people can roll around in absurd, poison-belching monsters.

Last edited:
In all likelihood, we are condemned to all pay high prices for dirty energy so too many people can roll around in absurd, poison-belching monsters
You dont have to

electric cars and trucks are out there if you dont mind paying extra

I have an '94 Silverado and love it. Full 8' bed and hauls literally a ton with ease. The gas I could definitely do without though.
KEY POINTS
  • Shares of GM achieved a new record during intraday trading Tuesday following the automaker confirming plans to produce an all-electric Chevrolet Silverado pickup.
  • The truck news follows the company unveiling a new GMC Hummer EV SUV on Saturday.
  • GM’s stock is up about 50% this year, fueled by a steady pace of announcements regarding the company’s plans for electric vehicles.
I just heard they expect the range to be 400 miles. Nice.

What's the plan on disposing of/recycling the massive toxic batteries electric vehicles have?
Recycle.

A niche market........electric trucks. Truck guys done want EV's......they like their conventionally powered Ford trucks. Contractor guys buy them by the millions......no way they are taking risks their truck isnt making it to the job and they arent spending thousands more. Few are progressives........so they despise the idea from the drop anyway! :hello77:

If only contractors, etc., used petroleum burning vehicles in good condition, there would be no problem. It is the massive overuse of massively overweight vehicles that makes things difficult. To have efficient, lightweight, safe personal transportation requires that heavy weights be separated.

To bring GHG emissions to zero requires that all transportation go electric and all energy generation use alternatives.

To bring GHG emissions to zero requires that all transportation go electric and all energy generation use alternatives.

Making the vehicles generate a lot of emissions, but that doesn't count because you have an ideology to support.

Meanwhile this just came in from Watts Up With That?

EIA: U.S. CO2 Emissions Declined 11% in 2020 – No Change in Rising Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

Excerpt:

Climate change action proponents regularly tell us we have to reduce our carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions to prevent “climate change”, even to the point of curtailing industry, travel, and food consumption. Fortunately, a real-world test of just those very things happened in 2020 due to the COVID-19 related lockdowns.

In a report released April 12th by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) the Monthly Energy Review, they report that energy-related CO2 emissions decreased by 11% in the United States in 2020 primarily because of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and related restrictions.

Furthermore, U.S. energy-related CO2 emissions fell in every end-use (consumer) sector for the first time since 2012. The EIA notes:

dude, you'll be in the box for decades before that even becomes possible for being a reality. Just sayin'......the entire world economic system hinges on hedging on the fossil fuel market. All world debt is predicated upon it. d0y

C'mon now........youre a smart guy........just a bit uninformed...........

Sovereign Debts in a Fossil-Fueled World | YaleGlobal Online

So, both atmospheric CO2 levels and global temperatures are going up. Ice cover at the North Pole is still shrinking. The ice sheets of Antarctica are collapsing and the glacial sheets they've been restraining are accelerating their plunge into the oceans. The melt of Greenland's ice cap is still increasing. The world's oceans are rising at a rate not seen since the end of the last ice age and predictions for the last 20 years have all fallen short. So, now would be a good time for ANY zero-carbon technology that serves purposes formerly consuming fossil fuels.

In California, Jackery is located near the Tesla plant. My Jackery 160 recharged the ipdad, electric shaver, 18V drill, and three AAA batteries and only used 25% of its charge. It was recharged to 100% in about a half an hour with a single 100W solar panel, producing about 54 W in hazy sunlight. We will shortly be recharging the electric bike with a 1000W Jackery, which can also run refrigeration. The ebike recharges with solar panels while it is in motion.

In California, Jackery is located near the Tesla plant. My Jackery 160 recharged the ipdad, electric shaver, 18V drill, and three AAA batteries and only used 25% of its charge. It was recharged to 100% in about a half an hour with a single 100W solar panel, producing about 54 W in hazy sunlight. We will shortly be recharging the electric bike with a 1000W Jackery, which can also run refrigeration. The ebike recharges with solar panels while it is in motion.
But what's a Jackery?

A Jackery is a portable power station, ranging from 100W to 1,000W. You can charge the power station off-grid using solar panels. The e-bikes today are getting 65 miles per charge in assist mode (19 amp-hour lithium ion), though few bikers are charging while rolling. Badger’s EG Oahu set-up will use a small trailer with two 100W panels powering a Jackery 1000. Badger’s e-trike will have panels mounted directly on the bike.

The Jackery and the ebike/etrike batteries are lithium ion. The ebike/etrike battery chargers plug into the Jackery power station just as they would into a wall socket.

What does a kW Jackery cost? Is that the product's actual name. I think its time to visit Dr Google. --- Ah, I have been to the Jackery website and perused their wares. Looks tempting. In a post-hurricane blackout all I typically need is one window-shaker AC and a microwave. It would be real nice to run the water pump but at 2 HP it wouldn't be for long. Maybe the occasional toilet flush.

The Jackery 1000W would probably run a 900W microwave for about 15 minutes. There are reviews and discussions at Amazon.com.

Chevrolet Bolt uses a Dual Level Charge Cord that eliminates stand-alone power stations. Does anyone know about this? How many amps does the Bolt pull to charge it? The Silverado should be much beefier.

Forum List

Back