Electric Silverado

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
I have an '94 Silverado and love it. Full 8' bed and hauls literally a ton with ease. The gas I could definitely do without though.
KEY POINTS
  • Shares of GM achieved a new record during intraday trading Tuesday following the automaker confirming plans to produce an all-electric Chevrolet Silverado pickup.
  • The truck news follows the company unveiling a new GMC Hummer EV SUV on Saturday.
  • GM’s stock is up about 50% this year, fueled by a steady pace of announcements regarding the company’s plans for electric vehicles.
I just heard they expect the range to be 400 miles. Nice.

I will have to move up a couple income brackets before i can afford shit like this.
On top of that, the authoritarian-n-chiefs admin is talking about ADDITIONAL road taxes.

They are going to have to do better than 400 miles a charge for me to buy one.....if you can't travel from one state to another without charging for 4 to 10 hours the truck is worthless to me.....its just a rich mans SJW Woke toy...look at me I care about the planet and you don't....

I buy older trucks and fix them up it is a hell of a lot cheaper to buy a motor than to buy a truck.
That's what I decided to do with my 1998. Even with 350k miles it's more capable off-road thank the new one.
I have a 2003 with 320,000 and it's time for a new motor cause the old one is blowing oil out the exhaust pipe...
Old Norm as he's called isn't quite that bad yet but we're definitely on the low end of compression gauge.

But get him some rust repair, a new passenger side door, recover the seats and stuff along with rebuilding the motor, and he's good for another few hundred thousand.

I buy older trucks and fix them up it is a hell of a lot cheaper to buy a motor than to buy a truck.
Same here. Think I paid about $1200 for my C1500 around ten years ago. Had to rebuild the tranny last year. Otherwise, it's just needed shocks, a new fan clutch and a radiator hose, cans of white spray paint (lol), maybe front brake pads? Not sure, but very cheap considering what it's allowed me to do. I really don't get out much any more so 400 miles would never be an issue for me.

Oh, and I bought it with about 240,000 miles on it already. Engine then recently rebuilt! Extra leaf springs to boot.

Last edited:
Same here. Think I paid about $1200 for my C2500 around ten years ago. Had to rebuild the tranny last year. Otherwise, it's just needed shocks, a new fan clutch and a radiator hose, maybe front brakes shoes? Not sure, but very cheap considering what it allows me to do. But I really don't get out much any more so 400 miles would never be an issue for me.
I am on my last year of having to drive anywhere and i want a small electric vehicle for short travels.

Sorry, C-1500. I had C-2500 bucket truck for a while, but couldn't afford not to sell it after fixing it all up nice. Yeah, I want a little Tesla for just a year or two.. then I'll be done.

I have an '94 Silverado and love it. Full 8' bed and hauls literally a ton with ease. The gas I could definitely do without though.
KEY POINTS
  • Shares of GM achieved a new record during intraday trading Tuesday following the automaker confirming plans to produce an all-electric Chevrolet Silverado pickup.
  • The truck news follows the company unveiling a new GMC Hummer EV SUV on Saturday.
  • GM’s stock is up about 50% this year, fueled by a steady pace of announcements regarding the company’s plans for electric vehicles.
I just heard they expect the range to be 400 miles. Nice.

What's the plan on disposing of/recycling the massive toxic batteries electric vehicles have?

Forum List

Back