Electoral College Voter Says He Will Not Vote For Hillary Clinton Even If She Wins His State

I mean the EC favors the Dems without a vote even being cast, but i think if its in place it should require them to cast their vote for who the American people voted for.

What? How does the electoral vote favor Dems? Let's start with 2000 and we can continue with why the fuck Wyoming gets the same number of votes as DC, please don't puss out on this.

Here's your chance...go....

Got to be honest. I respect his opinion and what he wants to do BUT he needs to do the right thing and honor the election results.

In most states, electors are not obligated to vote the way their state does. In the 2004 election, one of Kerry's electors in Minnesota cast his vote for John Edwards.

Hmmm don't Taz Me Bro
What if we mapped out how to get a 50/50 tie where the Electors who can switch their votes do,
and others don't vote if necessary, to get it to come out even or close to it.
Then ask the House to vote for both Clinton and Trump to be President and Vice President.

As VP Trump works with all the Senators of each state to reorganize and refinance
federal and state programs, where people of each state either AGREE
what belongs on a federal level or what to revert back to a state level.

Some Libertarians propose only delegating the money from federal to state,
and then letting states decide the regulations and terms. (also the Greens have proposed
proportional representation by party and they use consensus decision making instead of majority rule,
so I would recommend borrowing ideas from these models to include representation from people of all parties)

Contested programs such as health care and marriage benefits can also be kept on a national level by shifting it to their party, if they can't agree any other way on the terms conditions and regulations. The advantages of going private is taxpayers get taxbreaks for investing in programs they take back and manage themselves instead of running through govt, and if they manage it through their own party they don't fight opposition from outside parties to get their way.

The house doesn't have the authority to pick the vice president. And the Senate is required by the 12th amendment to choose between Pence and Kaine

I mean the EC favors the Dems without a vote even being cast, but i think if its in place it should require them to cast their vote for who the American people voted for.

What? How does the electoral vote favor Dems? Let's start with 2000 and we can continue with why the fuck Wyoming gets the same number of votes as DC, please don't puss out on this.

Good question. Why does a city get that many EV?

That's a bad answer.

Washington DC has more people than Wyoming. How does that favor Dems?

Like frogs in pan of water that heats up very slowly people don't realize we are moving towards the end of the democracy. Even though it seems to be a steadfast institution it won't take much of this and Trump's yammering how he won't accept the results of an election to undermine the process. And in the end the personalities are of little consequence. The process is what holds it together.

It's like watching various farmers fighting over water rights to a river until finally a few decide they'll go up stream to where it begins and poison the whole river.

Dude... Democracy is what got us these two candidates.

The process doesn't guarantee quality, but it does guarantee a way to correct mistakes. That's why the personalities don't matter, the process is what is to be protected at all costs.

18 states plus the District of Columbia have voted for the Democratic presidential nominee in every election between 1992 and 2012. Add them up and you get 242 electoral votes.

13 states have voted for the Republican presidential nominee in each of the past 6 electins. add them up and you get 102 EV's.

See it yet? The Democratic nominee starts with an EV lead of 140. What does that leave? The Dem nominee needs to find only 28 votes beyond that built in base to win the presidency.

Electoral College favors the Democrat nominee without a vote even being cast. I rest my case

That's a bad answer.

Wyoming is actually a state. Dc is not

18 states plus the District of Columbia have voted for the Democratic presidential nominee in every election between 1992 and 2012. Add them up and you get 242 electoral votes.

13 states have voted for the Republican presidential nominee in each of the past 6 electins. add them up and you get 102 EV's.

See it yet? The Democratic nominee starts with an EV lead of 140. What does that leave? The Dem nominee needs to find only 28 votes beyond that built in base to win the presidency.

Electoral College favors the Democrat nominee without a vote even being cast. I rest my case

But we can see the popular vote. In recent times only one election would the popular vote change the outcome of an election and that was in 2000.

You also completely ignore my point. Wyoming and other less populated states get an automatic 3 electoral votes regardless of their low population and they tend to vote Republican. Why should a senate seat in California represent the same population of a senate seat in North Dakota?

I agree, they should do away with the electoral college, I'm tired of giving a fuck what Billy Bob's back 40 votes for.

That's a bad answer.

Wyoming is actually a state. Dc is not

So? Are you saying the citizens of Washington DC's votes shouldn't count as equally as others? Kind of a crappy argument. Especially when comparing the electoral college to popular vote.

Because half the red states have almost no population. Representation is for living people, not dirt.

Like frogs in pan of water that heats up very slowly people don't realize we are moving towards the end of the democracy. Even though it seems to be a steadfast institution it won't take much of this and Trump's yammering how he won't accept the results of an election to undermine the process. And in the end the personalities are of little consequence. The process is what holds it together.

It's like watching various farmers fighting over water rights to a river until finally a few decide they'll go up stream to where it begins and poison the whole river.
You're like the guy in the padded cell and straight jacket thrashing around screaming about "them".

Your mind goes straight to panic mode and arm flailing. You either need to address the OP or refrain from vomiting on threads.

An electoral voter stating they will ignore the vote of millions and do whatever suits their whim is the opposite of democracy. It is what Putin does.

He's a native American minority...OH SNAP that's gonna leave a mark :laugh:

You're like the guy in the padded cell and straight jacket thrashing around screaming about "them".

Your mind goes straight to panic mode and arm flailing. You either need to address the OP or refrain from vomiting on threads.

An electoral voter stating they will ignore the vote of millions and do whatever suits their whim is the opposite of democracy. It is what Putin does.

How does that matter?

How does that matter?

You libs will choke on the fact that you can't dismiss him as a right wing racist homophobic sexist. You'll be dissolved by your own stomach acid on this one. :laugh:

How does that matter?

You libs will choke on the fact that you can't dismiss him as a right wing racist homophobic sexist. You'll be dissolved by your own stomach acid on this one. :laugh:

Isn't he a Bernie supporter or something? What do I care? I see it as a flaw in the electoral college regardless of his personal disposition.

How does that matter?

Isn't he a Bernie supporter or something? What do I care? I see it as a flaw in the electoral college regardless of his personal disposition.

:crybaby:

How does that matter?

:cuckoo:

A Putin/aka Stalin supporter, forget the vote, just turn whoever counts them.

How does that matter?

Maybe you should spend a little less time pouting and a little more developing a cognitive argument.

How does that matter?

:cuckoo:

A Putin/aka Stalin supporter, forget the vote, just turn whoever counts them.

The left eating their own, good times :eusa_dance:

How does that matter?

Maybe you should spend a little less time pouting and a little more developing a cognitive argument.

Projection ^^^ awe don't be sad liberalism was destined to fail its not your fault.

Forum List

Back