Einstein

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Rumours abound that he was a huge plagurist and he just about stole everything. His "theory of relativity" came from a predecessor. And the fact he was never was called on during the Manhattan project was he was poor mathematician and was a security risk. What's your take on this?

Rumours abound that he was a huge plagurist and he just about stole everything. His "theory of relativity" came from a predecessor. And the fact he was never was called on during the Manhattan project was he was poor mathematician and was a security risk. What's your take on this?
Plagiarism? Sounds like fantasy.

His political activism kept him from getting security clearance. Yet it was his letter to Roosevelt that awoke him to the nuclear threat and for the need for the Manhattan project.

In 1941, Einstein was already a world-renowned physicist. Attaching a celebrity to a top secret project doesn't make much sense from a security perspective.

Additionally, Einstein was a theoretical physicist. The theory behind nuclear weapons was well established by the early 1940s. His skills would have been have been a little use to what was essentially a project in applied physics.

You're claiming that Einstein was no Einstein?

There is no such thing as a truly singular contribution to scientific research. Every scientific advancement is a re-thinking of established knowledge. Sometimes, that knowledge has been laying dormant for centuries. In other times, people working on the same idea separately come to the same conclusion almost simultaneously.

In the world of science, a simple device determines who gets the credit. The guy (or gal) who publishes first, gets the credit.

That encourages scientists to get their ideas out into the public and not keep them locked up while they putter away at them.

I was like you. Einstein? A plagiarist? His contemporaries hated him. His first wife a was way better mathematician. Mileva Maric, and Albert chose to cheat on her. Poor Albert was stuck in desk job because they thought he was mediocre. That's Einstein.

I used to love Einstein. Maxwell, Planck or many others created relativity way
before Einstein did.

"Rumors abound" where? Your Stormfront Home page?
`

I was like you. Einstein? A plagiarist? His contemporaries hated him. His first wife a was way better mathematician. Mileva Maric, and Albert chose to cheat on her. Poor Albert was stuck in desk job because they thought he was mediocre. That's Einstein.

It wouldn't matter even if it were somehow true. "It's in the books" as the saying goes, literally in this case. Scientists work on the body of knowledge that humans have maintained and then they go forward and try to improve upon it. Science and future generation care little who did what, only that it is discovered and applied for human benefit.

before Einstein did.
I see now is the time in thread when we start just making shit up.

Einstein invented dippin' dots.
Einstein did steal the theory of relativity from other mathematicians.

Can you cite the paper from which he is alleged to have stolen?
Well, all of them? Research it.

before Einstein did.

I did. No results. Stop making stuff up.

before Einstein did.

In our system, as infallible as it is, when you accuse someone of theft, the onus is on you to bring evidence.

Forum List

Back