Education department challenged over support for One Britain One Nation day

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The site says that schools should encourage children to clap for a minute to “pay tribute to all those people who helped during the Covid 19 pandemic crisis” and give a rendition of the OBON Day 2021 anthem.

The song, which included the lyrics “We are Britain and we have one dream to unite all people in one great team”, has provoked particular ridicule on social media.

What a crock of shit. If my kids were still in school I would pull them out for the day. All this hitler youth garbage is triggered by the rise of the Scottish independence movement. We are not one nation.

The site says that schools should encourage children to clap for a minute to “pay tribute to all those people who helped during the Covid 19 pandemic crisis” and give a rendition of the OBON Day 2021 anthem.

The song, which included the lyrics “We are Britain and we have one dream to unite all people in one great team”, has provoked particular ridicule on social media.

What a crock of shit. If my kids were still in school I would pull them out for the day. All this hitler youth garbage is triggered by the rise of the Scottish independence movement. We are not one nation.
What rise of Scottish independence? around 30% of Scotland vote for the SNP and only 1.6-million people voted for Scottish independence in a country of 5.5-million people (granted there's people counted in population that aren't old enough to vote, children etc)

Only twisted wee weirdo's like you would take issue in something that's an effort to try and bring the country together. Typical leftist, divide at any and all costs. Is it any wonder no-one takes you seriously?

It says unite all people in one great team - is that not a message of inclusivity and wanting people from all backgrounds to come as one for the nation? and that's a bad thing? :rolleyes:

You seem to be all over the place here, Tommy.

In one breath, you are ranting against Brexit, people who want to be separate and independent. And in the next breath,you complain about others who are looking for unity with other peoples.

Wouldn't that be the same as having the teacher smack your hands for a whole minute? Ouch

If they don't eat their meat, they can't have any pudding. :laughing0301:

The Welsh government has told them to fuck off.

I expect the Scottish government to do likewise. All is well. Another massive FAIL by that fat ****.

I will grant you that you are becoming two nations---one the Nation of Islam and one the nation of people subject to decapitation, but I doubt that the little song makes much difference.

I will grant you that you are becoming two nations---one the Nation of Islam and one the nation of people subject to decapitation, but I doubt that the little song makes much difference.
Dekster , why dont you come over and take a look yourself ? You are not as thick as most on this forum but you make lazy judgements based on dubious links. The UK is actually 4 nations all heading in different directions.

Dekster , why dont you come over and take a look yourself ? You are not as thick as most on this forum but you make lazy judgements based on dubious links. The UK is actually 4 nations all heading in different directions.

You people got the Rona. Can't risk getting a sore throat. at the moment.

Take care.

Take care.

I will. And try to keep your head on.

Welsh schools respond to shitty nazi request.

There were singing something about independent Wales?

Its the Welsh national anthem. Gareth Bale asked all Welsh schools to sing it ahead of our game against Denmark today. There are hundreds of them on the twitter. Chokes you up hearing them sing.

Okay, then. It is actually encouraging that so many people are encouraging the Welsh national team before the game. What is wrong with that?

Its the Welsh national anthem. Gareth Bale asked all Welsh schools to sing it ahead of our game against Denmark today. There are hundreds of them on the twitter. Chokes you up hearing them sing.

Okay, then. It is actually encouraging that so many people are encouraging the Welsh national team before the game. What is wrong with that?

The Uk government wanted them to sing some bullshit song celebrating the UK. Gareth Bale won.

The Uk government wanted them to sing some bullshit song celebrating the UK. Gareth Bale won.

Well, everything is good if it is based on a common sense. The 'patriotic' education is on that list too.

Welsh nationalism is benign and inclusive. English nationalism has been hijacked by right wing trash. The English people are fine. But they are shouted down by ghastly ill educated morons.

New Topics

Forum List

Back