Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall say Paramount demanded a white actor in ‘Coming 2 America’ film, so they picked the funniest white guy they knew

miketx

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Screw those two race baiting shit stains.

TheParser

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assume that the studio felt that a movie would not sell that well if all the cast members were of ethnicity X.

I understand that such movies do badly in foreign countries, especially.

So the studio understandably respectfully suggested that maybe it would be a good idea to include at least one Caucasian.

But it's now 2021. So maybe a movie with all cast members of ethnicity X can be big box office here in the States & abroad.

One thing for sure: if a person is less than thrilled with a movie of an all-ethnicity X cast, that person had better keep his/her mouth shut in public.

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Paul Essien

Platinum Member
Reaction score
was it Conan O'Brien? he's pretty fly for a white guy!

Well at least he was in a subservient role.

Actually I'm wrong - Louie was in charge of the fries.

He who controls the french fries controls the world !!

To sell the movie to Hollywood at the time (Actually even now to an extent) it was needed. They wouldn't accept an all-black cast so Louie was thrown in there as a token so they could move forward.

White people knew it was going to be big and they will never write themselves out of history.

Last edited:

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Would it be realistic to portray a fast food place in Queens without ANYONE of ANY other than one 'race'?

OP
basquebromance

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Reaction score
blacks think highly of themselves as an individuals, but lowly of themselves as a group

whites are the opposite

OP
basquebromance

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Reaction score
i like the classic SNL sketch where Eddie Murphy turns white and suddenly folks start giving him free gifts.

OP
basquebromance

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Reaction score
not getting good reviews, despite the glossy poster!

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I assume that the studio felt that a movie would not sell that well if all the cast members were of ethnicity X.

I understand that such movies do badly in foreign countries, especially.

So the studio understandably respectfully suggested that maybe it would be a good idea to include at least one Caucasian.

But it's now 2021. So maybe a movie with all cast members of ethnicity X can be big box office here in the States & abroad.

One thing for sure: if a person is less than thrilled with a movie of an all-ethnicity X cast, that person had better keep his/her mouth shut in public.

Makes sense.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List