Ebola Vaccine Would Likely Have Been Found By Now If Not For Budget Cuts: NIH Director

Duncan flew from Belgium ... a west African country don't cha know ?

Where did his Passport checked by Customs when he entered the US say he was from? Did he get a visa from the US Embassy in the country that he lived in? Or, did he get a Belgium passport when he changed airplanes or refueled the one he was on?

I really don't know, but I have traveled to 28 foreign countries and they checked my US passport when I got to my destination and when I returned to the US.

The fucking moron has no clue how VISAS or passports work. Can you fucking believe these pieces of shit think they are so smart?

Where did his Passport checked by Customs when he entered the US say he was from? Did he get a visa from the US Embassy in the country that he lived in? Or, did he get a Belgium passport when he changed airplanes or refueled the one he was on?

I really don't know, but I have traveled to 28 foreign countries and they checked my US passport when I got to my destination and when I returned to the US.

The fucking moron has no clue how VISAS or passports work. Can you fucking believe these pieces of shit think they are so smart?

and you trust people who check passports in Africa don't you prison mouth ?

no such thing as a fake passport either , right ?

I would like to trust the people at the US border that check passports in the International terminal of the airport.

Sure there are fake passports. Did Duncan have a fake passport?

Sure there are fake passports. Did Duncan have a fake passport?

The fucking moron thinks fake passports are easy to get. The fucking moron.

passports aren't the fix for Ebola... one of you ask your Special Education Teacher if they are ..

passports aren't the fix for Ebola... one of you ask your Special Education Teacher if they are ..
No one said they did, but I did ask her and she told me that passports identify the person and the country he/she is from. She also told me that if someone lives in a country where a communicable disease is killing thousands of people, it would be a good idea to not allow them to come into the US. She also told me that if a person in that country knew they had been exposed to that disease, most of them would lie, cheat and steal to get to the US where they knew there was excellent hospitals.
Does that clarify anything in you pea brain?

Nope but they are a tool that can be used to limit unnecessary exposure.....intelligent, well traveled people understand that.

No one from Honduras has broght Ebola in; a Liberian with a passport was not dignosed promptly, the hospital admitted that DAYS ago. So how is "border jumping" relevent? This is a TEXAS problem, CDC was not sent blood work until five DAYS after the first victim was refused treatment. Accept reality.
And exactly how is that the Governors fault again?

The private sector would have developed an Ebola vaccine years ago if it was as awesome as the RWnuts would have us believe.
The private sector likely had no interest in an Ebola vaccine before now as there was no money to be made off of it. Poor people in Africa can't afford vaccines.

The private sector would have developed an Ebola vaccine years ago if it was as awesome as the RWnuts would have us believe.
The private sector likely had no interest in an Ebola vaccine before now as there was no money to be made off of it. Poor people in Africa can't afford vaccines.

Life's a real bitch when you run off the white people and civilization along with em.
But I'm sure the witch doctors will be a fine replacement. I hear they've made incredible advances with chicken feet and pig blood recently.

You big government clueless leftist..

How the feds block Ebola cures...

mali_ebola_vaccine.jpg

We have technology to potentially control Ebola and other viral outbreaks today. But the federal bureaucracy refuses to catch up with 21st-century science.

For example, diagnostic startup Nanobiosym has an iPhone-sized device that can accurately detect Ebola and other infectious diseases in less than an hour.

Two other companies, Synthetic Genomics and Novartis, have the capacity to create synthetic vaccine viruses for influenza and other infectious diseases in only four days. Both firms can also share data about outbreaks instantaneously and make real-time, geographically specific diagnosis and vaccine production possible.

These companies could start producing Ebola vaccine/treatments tomorrow — except that the Food and Drug Administration’s insistence on randomized studies and endless demands for more data means firms have to spend millions on paperwork instead of producing medicines.

And for every small company drained by such tactics, many others conclude it’s not even worth trying.

Two years after 9/11, Congress created Project Bioshield to speed up the commercialization of vaccines, drugs and diagnostics. A key part of the plan: Get the FDA to evaluate innovations quickly by using the same scientific advances that were used to discover them.

The agency balked.

Pandemic vaccines and drugs don’t move through the FDA approval process faster. Instead, drug- and device-development times actually increased more than 70 percent over the past decade because the FDA keeps demanding more studies and more data using outdated techniques.

And, no, the FDA is not using the best science to ensure safety. Time and again, it has waived regulations when politically expedient.

Back in 1984, at the start of the AIDS epidemic, the FDA claimed that reviewing HIV treatments would take at least six to eight years.

Only after loud, large and sustained demonstrations did it state that new AIDS drugs could be OK’d in two years or less and that most people who wanted to try them could. Millions of lives were saved as a result.

In 2008, it took Synthetic Genomics scientists a month to sequence the genes of every strain of the meningitis virus and engineer a vaccine that protects against them all. In Europe, Canada and Australia, the vaccine was approved for use in children (the group most likely to get meningitis and die from it) in 2010.

But the FDA demanded another study in the United States. Only after meningitis hit Princeton University and UC-Santa Cruz this year did the agency allow the vaccine to be imported and given to students on both campuses.

And the agency still hasn’t approved its general use.

. How the feds block Ebola cures New York Post

mali_ebola_vaccine.jpg

We have technology to potentially control Ebola and other viral outbreaks today. But the federal bureaucracy refuses to catch up with 21st-century science.

For example, diagnostic startup Nanobiosym has an iPhone-sized device that can accurately detect Ebola and other infectious diseases in less than an hour.

Two other companies, Synthetic Genomics and Novartis, have the capacity to create synthetic vaccine viruses for influenza and other infectious diseases in only four days. Both firms can also share data about outbreaks instantaneously and make real-time, geographically specific diagnosis and vaccine production possible.

These companies could start producing Ebola vaccine/treatments tomorrow — except that the Food and Drug Administration’s insistence on randomized studies and endless demands for more data means firms have to spend millions on paperwork instead of producing medicines.

And for every small company drained by such tactics, many others conclude it’s not even worth trying.

Two years after 9/11, Congress created Project Bioshield to speed up the commercialization of vaccines, drugs and diagnostics. A key part of the plan: Get the FDA to evaluate innovations quickly by using the same scientific advances that were used to discover them.

The agency balked.

Pandemic vaccines and drugs don’t move through the FDA approval process faster. Instead, drug- and device-development times actually increased more than 70 percent over the past decade because the FDA keeps demanding more studies and more data using outdated techniques.

And, no, the FDA is not using the best science to ensure safety. Time and again, it has waived regulations when politically expedient.

Back in 1984, at the start of the AIDS epidemic, the FDA claimed that reviewing HIV treatments would take at least six to eight years.

Only after loud, large and sustained demonstrations did it state that new AIDS drugs could be OK’d in two years or less and that most people who wanted to try them could. Millions of lives were saved as a result.

In 2008, it took Synthetic Genomics scientists a month to sequence the genes of every strain of the meningitis virus and engineer a vaccine that protects against them all. In Europe, Canada and Australia, the vaccine was approved for use in children (the group most likely to get meningitis and die from it) in 2010.

But the FDA demanded another study in the United States. Only after meningitis hit Princeton University and UC-Santa Cruz this year did the agency allow the vaccine to be imported and given to students on both campuses.

What do you get when you vote for retards?

mali_ebola_vaccine.jpg

The agency balked.

What do you get when you vote for retards?
Obama as president

My fellow alumnus, Dr. Collins, is lying out his ass just to get more money for his pet projects and to protect his scumbag leader in the White House.

Forum List

Back