Earth Hour today

In a twist of fate, the only bulbs I have on hand are the new florescents. Environmentally friendly until you throw them away. Seems the dimwits used mercury in them. Oh well, I reduce my electric needs for the task and don't raise the temperature as much. Two other houses have theirs on now too.

Actually I have installed the "new" light bulbs, and all our night lights are LED. I even have solar outside lighting (partially).

But tonight I think if it's connected to a grid, It's as good as on. I save for my pocket, not for some fool to tell me to. Tonight we use up everything I saved last month.

93347183.ZXvqymO0.CRW_8615.jpg

You Go, Guy!

Suck up that 'Lectricity!

Hey, instead of all you fruitcakes purposefully running up your electric bill this month, why not just go ahead and pay mine for me? Same end result to your wallet and all.

Any takers?

Can't you just crank the radio signal up to 50,000 watts?

Got some fresh ice in my glass. Melt suckers!!!

Last edited:
Nope. No Bail Outs For You!

Get a job.

I have 2. Thanks.

Obviously not good enough ones for you to afford your own 'Lectricity.

I have electricity. Where did I say that I didn't?

I just figured that if your so gung ho about wasting it, then you might as well pay my bill too.

I'll even tell my wife to flip on all the lights and gadgets for the evening if you'll pay it.

My electric usage for the evening going to the highest bidder. Capitalism at work.

Hey, instead of all you fruitcakes purposefully running up your electric bill this month, why not just go ahead and pay mine for me? Same end result to your wallet and all.

Any takers?

We're at 100,000 watts. It's illegal to go higher. 1000ft and 100,000 watts, absolute maximum a station can go by law.

Any takers?

We're at 100,000 watts. It's illegal to go higher. 1000ft and 100,000 watts, absolute maximum a station can go by law.

Hey, your doing your part then.

Washer is filling
Dryer is drying
Dishwasher is running
microwave is on
coffemaker is making
All TV's are on and set on FOX News LOL
Both computers are running
Radio is on.
Every light in and out are on ( had to replace a bulb in the bathroom)

Thinking of going for a ride.

Oh Be right back I forgot to turn my oven on

Thank you for the reminders!!!!!

I need to add:

Cappuccino maker
Microwave
Radio

(Four computers are always on, as well as two printers and three UPS - I need credit for those).

Mr. Boe also has a trickle charger hooked up to his old roadster with the finicky battery system.

I'm thinking that making waffles tonight is also a good idea. The waffle maker will suck up some juice. I've never made grilled pork chops with a side of waffles, but that is sounding VVGood right now.

I thought this may be good listening during earth hour

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItX8M55-65g"]YouTube - City Lights From Space[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVC2domsLkY[/ame]

Last edited:
Excellent.

And the poor boobies who are turning off their lights are the intellectual equivalent of North Korea in the dark.

Intense has got it covered. I'm going to pop in and ask if anyone's porch light is on. Shhh!

Any takers?

So when you use electricity, it is by accident?

This concludes our test of the Earth Hour Emergency System. Had this been an actual emergency you would have been instructed to move a heat source near a NOAA weather station and go sit in a kiddie pool in the dark. Preferably in a T shirt that reads hockey sticks are hot. This was only a test. We return you to your regular deprogramming. Global warming is not proven science and is not caused by man-made CO2.

Have you noticed they are posting but not in this thread?

Of course they only use elecrtic for the good of earth

So does that mean that Posting on USMB is Good For The Earth?

I guess so - while we're posting here, we're not driving around in EVUL fossil fuel consuming combustion engine powered machines.

Another cool video of earth at night

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcz9U3NWGWY]YouTube - SpaceNight Earthviews9 Part2[/ame]

Radiohead:

Do your dogs have electric heated doggie beds?

Cuz if not, you definitely do not have Enough Stuff.

Forum List

Back