Early US was communist

IDNeon

Feb 3, 2015
There is so much to say about my title claim: for start...the Northern US was practically communist and referring to housing today I say "everyone gets firsts before anyone gets seconds" and in practice in the 1800s this meant the US seized land and rather than sell it to the highest bidder they banned large lot purchases and kept the prices low.

In today's equivalence that would be as if the US purchased billions of US corporate shares and gave it to the poorest people only at pennies on the dollar.

By the end of the 1800s approximately 3/4ths of the people owned land.

Where did people not own land? Hell for most of the 1800s where did people not even own themselves? Why the slave south of course!

1% owned virtually 50% of the PEOPLE! Let alone all the land on vast estates numbering in the thousands of acres.

And by today's standards the South was virtually egalitarian with 24% of southern households owning 1 or more slaves.

Of course only some 10% of southern households owned 5 or more slaves but that's splitting hairs.

Fast forward today and the US is worse off than the slave south. 1% own almost everything and they even gobble up about 30% of the available income (we are talking wages not return on investment).

What went wrong?

Well I think if you just look at the fruits of the conservative movement (massive wealth gap) and the origins of the movement's base (the deep south) I think it is evident that the US has been hijacked by slave owning thinkers who are familiar with money as their God and jealously protect their right to property no matter anyone else's desire to share in ownership.

They want second thirds and 10millionths before anyone gets firsts.

Before you think it's a cooky liberal talking point that Republicanism today is Democrat slave holders of 160 years ago...read a book called "Southern Capitalists".

It details how the same people (and government leaders) who were in power in the slave south, started the civil war, survived the civil war, and regained power in the 1870s.

So it is not as if the southern slave power went away they simply survived and they became a core of the progressive movement which they hijacked to create Jim Crow laws and argued it protected white working class.

Then as that fell apart in the 50s and 60s low and behold....this conservative movement just happens to explode out of the south and turn everything to the $hit it was in the slave south with 1% owning 60% of America and earning 30% of all the income.

Coincidence?

I think not.

The US should appropriate equities like it stole native American's land, it should sign the same worthless treaties with CEOs that it signed with the Native chiefs and give their shares to the people at a nice 2% value and use the revenue of the sales to the people as income for the government (eliminate taxes consider the "land grab" a tax).

This place is a hoot.

How else do you explain giving away 160 acres (land/capital) to only the poorest in a purposeful exclusion of the rich than to call it communist?

Did you know the US even did the same thing for Japan, Korea and Taiwan?

Land Reform Revisited Can Latin America Get It Right and Should It Even Try International Affairs Review

They stopped the land giveaway program because they considered it "too communist" so if it was too communist to give land to the poor how communist was it for the US to do it in the 1800s?

You modern day communist liberals are losing it. Wouldn't you people be happier living in communist China?
Is China communist? Because if it is your inconsistent behavior to communism (soviet union vs north Korea vs Cuba vs Vietnam vs China) makes you look like a lunatic.

And considering you supported the Yellow Chinese these last 40 years but damaged the noble white Russian race you're also a race traitor...a blood traitor.

I'm not sure what's worse. Ensuring the subjugation of white virgins to a Chinese horde or your inconsistent use of communism as a slander to whatever people you happen to dislike at the time.

Forum List

Back