Ear Pain and Pressure

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I think I might have a problem with my ear tubes being clogged. I'm going to the doctor soon, but is there anybody here that has this problem and how do you know what it is? What do you do about it?

Ear wax buildup. I use hydrogen peroxide to flush it out.
Inner ear infection. Doctor will prescribe antibiotics.

Is it painful or just hard to hear?

Not a DR, so take this with a grain of salt. Go to you bathroom, fill the sink with warm water, take a rubber bulb and fill it with that water, squirt it in your ear gently. A few times, it works. It's disgusting, the sink is full of earwax...

• Banned
Ear wax buildup. I use hydrogen peroxide to flush it out.
Inner ear infection. Doctor will prescribe antibiotics.

Is it painful or just hard to hear?

It's just painful every once in awhile and if I use a Q-tip it only makes things worse.

I think I might have a problem with my ear tubes being clogged. I'm going to the doctor soon, but is there anybody here that has this problem and how do you know what it is? What do you do about it?
If you go to an ENT-he or she can find out it the duct is clogged, but the pain thing sounds like you're going in the right direction to see a doc. They are able to get out any wax if needed. I get water in my ears almost every time I swim (doc says I have relatively small ear canals that trap water and am a big user of Swim Ear- so much so I should buy stock-ha!) but never any pain with that. Other conditions like tinnitus usually cause ringing, sometimes dizziness, and other symptoms. Good luck and I wish you the best outcome-I'm sure you'll be in good shape soon!

• Banned
If you go to an ENT-he or she can find out it the duct is clogged, but the pain thing sounds like you're going in the right direction to see a doc. They are able to get out any wax if needed. I get water in my ears almost every time I swim (doc says I have relatively small ear canals that trap water and am a big user of Swim Ear- so much so I should buy stock-ha!) but never any pain with that. Other conditions like tinnitus usually case ringing, sometimes dizziness, and other symptoms. Good luck and I wish you the best outcome-I'm sure you'll be in good shape soon!

Yeah, sometimes I get dizziness and ear ringing as well. :(

• Banned

If you get a sharp pain when you swallow, your eustachian tube is blocked. Probably an inner ear infection. Go see your doctor.

That's funny, I just tried swallowing and I didn't feel pain. I still probably need to go see a doctor though.

Sounds like an ear infection.
Dizziness... equalibrium out of balance, water in the ear.
I had an ear infection once. I was bouncing off the walls down the hall. Couldn't keep my balance.
NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS

If you get a sharp pain when you swallow, your eustachian tube is blocked. Probably an inner ear infection. Go see your doctor.

That's funny, I just tried swallowing and I didn't feel pain. I still probably need to go see a doctor though.

If no pain but ringing in ears, sounds like wax build up. Get an earwax kit at the pharmacy and try flushing ears as others said.

If you go to an ENT-he or she can find out it the duct is clogged, but the pain thing sounds like you're going in the right direction to see a doc. They are able to get out any wax if needed. I get water in my ears almost every time I swim (doc says I have relatively small ear canals that trap water and am a big user of Swim Ear- so much so I should buy stock-ha!) but never any pain with that. Other conditions like tinnitus usually case ringing, sometimes dizziness, and other symptoms. Good luck and I wish you the best outcome-I'm sure you'll be in good shape soon!

Yeah, sometimes I get dizziness and ear ringing as well. :(

Aww...I think a lot of people get both conditions over their lifetime at some point from an illness or infection, but when it becomes an annoying problem is definitely a signal to get to doc. I can imagine different people having different levels of ringing, some having very little that might still be bothersome and others having a lot more than most would tolerate before going to the doc. But right, since you've had both of those symptoms-assuming recently, I'd get in to see my reg doc to r/o infection and get advice/treatment:)

I had an ear infection once. I was bouncing off the walls down the hall. Couldn't keep my balance.
NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS

Oh so then you already know that Q-tips are the enemy.

NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS

I use Q-tips all the time. I go in DEEP no problem, but then, I was building models of the inner ear when I was 6 years old. Don't do it unless you really know what you are doing.

NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS

Q-tips can force the wax deeper into the canal.
It can also puncture your eardrum.
Only use Q-tip on the outer ear, never inner.
Hugs

NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS
They can push wax in and make things worse or cause damage if you are not very careful.

NO Q TIPS.
NO NO NO
HUGS

I use Q-tips all the time. I go in DEEP no problem, but then, I was building models of the inner ear when I was 6 years old. Don't do it unless you really know what you are doing.
My grandmother used a bobbypin to clean my Dad's ears when he was a kid.
She punctured his eardrum.
I'm just overly cautious.
Hugs

Forum List

Back