Dr. Sleep...Stephen King

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
One of King's best. The kid from "The Shining" grows up and battles a modern vampire clan that sucks the essence out of dying kids. The psychic girl, Abra, is white in the book but Black in the movie but other than that the movie script follows the book pretty well.

It was a very good movie.
I also liked how they finally continued the story of one of the best horror movies ever made.

Good movie

Had little to do with The Shining until the end
Hat Lady was scary as hell

Good movie

It was always about "The Shining". Young Danny Torrence grows up with the ghosts from the Overlook until the ghost of Mr. Halloran teaches him how to deal with them. In the book the Knot clan was far more horrifying with their single tusk in their mouths as they were feeding on psychic kids but all in all the movie followed the book pretty well.

Good movie

?

Had everything to do with the Shining. From start to finish.
Other than it followed the Danny Torrance character, it could have been completely freestanding.
It wasn’t till they got to the hotel that it tied in The Shining

We watched it last night... solid horror flick.
Good storyline, interesting characters you cared about and plenty of suspense.
2 and a half hours long, but doesn't feel long.

We watched it last night... solid horror flick.
Good storyline, interesting characters you cared about and plenty of suspense.
2 and a half hours long, but doesn't feel long.
Not much slashing and good suspense which is what good horror should be about. I found it best to read the book before watching the movie but it doesn't work in some King books like "Hearts in Alantis" which I didn't care for.

Forum List

Back