Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Sure. God FOrbid if any credit is given to the white Americans who, you know, actually made the call and formed the consensus in favor of equality.

Because if you do that, you undermine white bashing in the future. Or even the present.
“White Americans” had 100 years to do the right thing in integrating blacks into our society.
They failed miserably….until Dr King came along

Slaves were made to wear masks and muzzles to help keep them quiet, compliant and more docile.

Joe Biden's mandates are causing mental illness in school age children, and anxiety in adults.

I believe was have regressed in the area of Civil Rights in this country when The Government can tell you what to wear on your face, herd you like cattle and force you to do things like Social Distancing, and Experiment on you by injecting so called vaccines which is something outlawed by Nuremburg.

That can't be or else there would not be Redlining by those giving mortgages.
Mortgages are the main way out of rent slavery, and it obviously is currently still very discriminatory.

I talk about the bi-partisan national consensus on equality for blacks in this country and you ignore the decades of policy and action and cite the actions of a few bankers as though that... trumps decades of national policy and elections?

1642551404512.png

“White Americans” had 100 years to do the right thing in integrating blacks into our society.

Got it. The whites that supported equal rights for blacks, back when it took real bravery to do that, you just shit on.

Hahaha…CONGRATS!
You win the “Hey look at me…I’m the wokest white guilt whacko“ award.
Some would say MLK empowered blacks and unleashed the greatest killers the world has ever known on the American public….what does the data suggest?

Hahaha…CONGRATS!
You win the “Hey look at me…I’m the wokest white guilt whacko“ award.
Some would say MLK empowered blacks and unleashed the greatest killers the world has ever known on the American public….what does the data suggest?

Shows why Martin Luther King is more important today than ever

Got it. The whites that supported equal rights for blacks, back when it took real bravery to do that, you just shit on.

White society was happy with things just the way they were.
With blacks in second class status with no rights to vote or be represented in a white world

That America was not great.

White society was happy with things just the way they were.
With blacks in second class status with no rights to vote or be represented in a white world

That America was not great.

So, MLK, personally forced them to change? Was it just him, or did he have help?

It is not that we don't know that he said other shit. It is that we don't care about his opinion on other shit.

Reactions:EvilEyeFleegle disagreed with me on this one. Ok Evil, off the top of your head, without looking, give me your favorite bit of wisdom from MLK on something NOT about racial equality.

For decades, White males got affirmative action that reserved not only the best jobs, but the training for those jobs exclusively for them.

LOL!!! For decades since then, you people have reversed that. Because payback.

What was once racist policies supported by dems, has now been reversed, and is now racist policies supported by dems.

The continuality across time and people of the way Parties stay true to what they are, is surprising.

And you dems are teh party of racism.

Was it that he was so great, or was it that White America finally evolved to the point that the alliance between "liberal" northern dems and racist southern dems was losing it's power, and MLK was just the one that tried at the right time?

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
Fast forward 10 years later after this thread was written. It appears as if MLK's legacy is dead.

This country is hopelessly divided. Race is still an issue that Democrats continually use to place a wedge between Americans.

Newsflash:

MLK spoke of a unity between all races, not the kind of division leftists and progressives dream up.

Was it that he was so great, or was it that White America finally evolved to the point that the alliance between "liberal" northern dems and racist southern dems was losing it's power, and MLK was just the one that tried at the right time?
For 100 years, White America told blacks to……Be Patient
We will work things out

It never happened. Whites were complacent in the existing racial environment and did not want to Rock the Boat

When Dr King and the Civil Rights movement rocked the boat…..White Terrorists, Law Enforcement and the Southern Courts quickly put them in their place.

Fast forward 10 years later after this thread was written. It appears as if MLK's legacy is dead.

This country is hopelessly divided. Race is still an issue that Democrats continually use to place a wedge between Americans.

Newsflash:

MLK spoke of a unity between all races, not the kind of division leftists and progressives dream up.
Dr King would have supported Black Lives Matter and condemned Trump’s Charlottesville rally

As usual, he would condemn violent protest and not accept “Good people on both sides”

As usual, he would condemn violent protest and not accept “Good people on both sides”

As usual, MLK was not Marxist and would not support some of the demands BLM makes of society. BLM calls for things to be exclusively black, forbidden to whites.

Which runs contrary to his message of racial unity.

If he saw the black-on-black violence in Chicago, and he saw BLM failing to act on it, he would dismiss them out of hand. If he saw that BLM didn't push for more family cohesion among African Americans, he would dismiss them out of hand.

I could go on.

Your premise is garbage, as per usual.

For 100 years, White America told blacks to……Be Patient
We will work things out

It never happened. Whites were complacent in the existing racial environment and did not want to Rock the Boat

When Dr King and the Civil Rights movement rocked the boat…..White Terrorists, Law Enforcement and the Southern Courts quickly put them in their place.

Funny. You did not address my point at all.

You act like MLK, invented the Civil Rights movement.

The NAACP was founded in 1909 by W. E. B. Du Bois, among others. What was Du Bois? Just some loser that didn't a have the... magic power of MLK?

Or did generations of black leaders, all of them just as good or motivated as MLK, try and fail because the whites of America at that time, did not listen or support them?/

The Civil Rights movement succeeded not because of FORCE, but because they made a Moral Argument that won over the majority of the population, including and especially the WHITE population.

The decision to give legal equality to blacks, was a decision MOSTLY made by American Whites and they deserve credit for that.

MLK, just happened to be there, at the time when the Moral Argument finally won over the majority of the population.

Funny. You did not address my point at all.

You act like MLK, invented the Civil Rights movement.

The NAACP was founded in 1909 by W. E. B. Du Bois, among others. What was Du Bois? Just some loser that didn't a have the... magic power of MLK?

Or did generations of black leaders, all of them just as good or motivated as MLK, try and fail because the whites of America at that time, did not listen or support them?/

The Civil Rights movement succeeded not because of FORCE, but because they made a Moral Argument that won over the majority of the population, including and especially the WHITE population.

The decision to give legal equality to blacks, was a decision MOSTLY made by American Whites and they deserve credit for that.

MLK, just happened to be there, at the time when the Moral Argument finally won over the majority of the population.
I use Dr King to represent the entire Civil Rights movement

W E B Dubois fell for the same trap that all blacks at the time fell for.
Just be patient, these things take time.
Meanwhile the lynchings and terrorist attacks increased

JFK urged Dr King to be patient and stop the Freedom Rides and March on Washington
MLK was not buying it

I use Dr King to represent the entire Civil Rights movement

W E B Dubois fell for the same trap that all blacks at the time fell for.
Just be patient, these things take time.
Meanwhile the lynchings and terrorist attacks increased

JFK urged Dr King to be patient and stop the Freedom Rides and March on Washington
MLK was not buying it

What you just claimed, is not true. Lynchings were pretty much a done deal, before MLK was even on the scene.

My point stands. The story of the Civil Rights movement is not about blacks, or MLK forcing Whites to do shit, it is about the White majority eventually forcing the racist minority to stop fucking around.

This period of racial oppression was only able to survive as long as it did, because of the support from "liberal" white dems in the north. Once that artificial support was removed, the power of the racist minority was quickly crushed.

1642774441623.png

Forum List

Back