Dr Fauci needs to go

He is a doctor. Not an economist. Not a business. Not a fortune teller. Not a stock broker. Not a carpenter. Not a preacher. Not a bus driver.
His PERSONAL feelings are irrelevant. In fact what is "normal" for him may have no impact on another person.

Why is Trump allowing him to spew his doom and gloom, woe is me and general negative outlook on this situation.

What the American people need to hear is that we are going to get through this via TEMPORARY hard choices and sacrifices.
What they don't need is the asinine guess work about how we are screwed and can't recover.
We are and have always been a nation of achievers. We've overcome MANY devastating obstacles throughout our history and ALWAYS come out ahead in the long run.

This kind of pessimistic bullshit needs to be nipped in the bud. Americans need hope not fear.
Anyone having anything to do with The Obama Administration or Clintons are bad news, and give bad advice.

Exactly. He is a doctor. A health professional. He deals in facts. Not fanciful back to normal by Easter predictions and hydroxychloriquine shouted and touted as a wonder drug. Reality is exactly what I want from my health professionals. Because if they open this back up too soon and the virus blooms again, you're actually going to wish Pence was President. The article you linked was actually pretty positive. Dr Fauci's remarks were grounded in reality but he does speak to some hope here. Not sure why you are getting all worked up about it. All he's saying is that we'll probably never be able to go back to what we considered normal (before the virus outbreak). I'm not a health professional but I could have told you that on the night of March 11th.

All of the models they are putting out there concerning this outbreak have been wrong. Not just a little wrong, but way WAY wrong and it's these models all of these governors were basing their decisions on when they shut down their states and put millions out of work and grossly infringing on people's civil liberties. All we heard nonstop was that Armageddon was coming and those of us who told you it was all bullshit got ridiculed for it. Well, we're turning out to be closer to correct than you guys are. Armageddon didn't come and it's not because of the social distancing methods because those were already factored into the models. Outside of New York, hospitals aren't being overwhelmed like we were told they were and even in NY they haven't hit capacity. Some states are now giving away ventilators to others because they didn't end up needing them. My state has been on a stay at home order since March 17th and we've had a mere 2000 cases and 80 deaths out of a population of 3,000,000 people and our governor actually just implemented MORE restrictions last night. More, over the deaths of .0026% of the state population. In 2018 we lost 331 people to car accidents, but these 80 fatalities justify shutting down the state economy and causing financial pain for months, possibly years to come for millions?

And the idea that there will never be "normal" again like before the outbreak is fucking absurd. Spanish Influenza killed exponentially more people than this around the world and things returned to normal. The Black Plague wiped out a third of Europe and life went back to normal. Give me a break. God knows the statists out there would certainly love to take advantage of this situation and sink their claws permanently into people's personal liberties.

Watching leftist trash bad mouth HCQ and giggle about Trump's trashed economy makes me want to head into the mountains and start a militia. I thought they'd hit bottom with the failed russia hoax and the impeachment but I see there is no bottom to their treachery and treason. There's only one cure for what they are doing to our America and we all know what it is.
Trump has failed over and over. You must love failure. That’s an impressive level of stupid.
You failed at making yourself anything but a Troll. Go spread your disease elsewhere.

He is a doctor. Not an economist. Not a business. Not a fortune teller. Not a stock broker. Not a carpenter. Not a preacher. Not a bus driver.
His PERSONAL feelings are irrelevant. In fact what is "normal" for him may have no impact on another person.

Why is Trump allowing him to spew his doom and gloom, woe is me and general negative outlook on this situation.

What the American people need to hear is that we are going to get through this via TEMPORARY hard choices and sacrifices.
What they don't need is the asinine guess work about how we are screwed and can't recover.
We are and have always been a nation of achievers. We've overcome MANY devastating obstacles throughout our history and ALWAYS come out ahead in the long run.

This kind of pessimistic bullshit needs to be nipped in the bud. Americans need hope not fear.

If you have to lie to give hope, then it becomes false hope. Trump lies constantly, and any hope he might offer is false hope. Just tell me what the situation really is, and I'll decide about the hope.

Exactly. He is a doctor. A health professional. He deals in facts. Not fanciful back to normal by Easter predictions and hydroxychloriquine shouted and touted as a wonder drug. Reality is exactly what I want from my health professionals. Because if they open this back up too soon and the virus blooms again, you're actually going to wish Pence was President. The article you linked was actually pretty positive. Dr Fauci's remarks were grounded in reality but he does speak to some hope here. Not sure why you are getting all worked up about it. All he's saying is that we'll probably never be able to go back to what we considered normal (before the virus outbreak). I'm not a health professional but I could have told you that on the night of March 11th.

All of the models they are putting out there concerning this outbreak have been wrong. Not just a little wrong, but way WAY wrong and it's these models all of these governors were basing their decisions on when they shut down their states and put millions out of work and grossly infringing on people's civil liberties. All we heard nonstop was that Armageddon was coming and those of us who told you it was all bullshit got ridiculed for it. Well, we're turning out to be closer to correct than you guys are. Armageddon didn't come and it's not because of the social distancing methods because those were already factored into the models. Outside of New York, hospitals aren't being overwhelmed like we were told they were and even in NY they haven't hit capacity. Some states are now giving away ventilators to others because they didn't end up needing them. My state has been on a stay at home order since March 17th and we've had a mere 2000 cases and 80 deaths out of a population of 3,000,000 people and our governor actually just implemented MORE restrictions last night. More, over the deaths of .0026% of the state population. In 2018 we lost 331 people to car accidents, but these 80 fatalities justify shutting down the state economy and causing financial pain for months, possibly years to come for millions?

And the idea that there will never be "normal" again like before the outbreak is fucking absurd. Spanish Influenza killed exponentially more people than this around the world and things returned to normal. The Black Plague wiped out a third of Europe and life went back to normal. Give me a break. God knows the statists out there would certainly love to take advantage of this situation and sink their claws permanently into people's personal liberties.
For a prime example, look at New York. Now Cuomo has banned anybody going out on a boat. Alone. In the middle of a lake. Threatening $1000 fines if you don’t adhere to his idea on “social distancing”. Continually extending his forced closure of businesses. A county executive near where I live admitted in one of his daily briefings that he’s been tracking what people are doing by having their cell phones tracked. Setting up hotlines and encouraging people to snitch on others for simply going for a walk. People are starting to realize where this is heading. And it’s nowhere good.

Trump is going to give the midget lip service from here out. But Fauci has been a terrible "manager in name only" of this crisis. He says social distancing broke the virus but he doesn't approve of going back to work. Does he think he has control over a grocery store where there are hundreds of unknown people voluntarily complying to a nebulous set of rules? Wouldn't a company be able to exert far more control of their employees? This is fucking crazy. When people get back to work which should be next Monday, we can use their workplaces as testing areas. And while we're talking about shutdowns, who the hell put these nincompoop governors in charge of this? The lunatics are running the asylum. Go to fucking work, now.

Last edited:
In a sense life is without a doubt going to be different after all this. A good segment will still socially distant themselves. Less people eating out which is not necessarily a bad thing. Less people attending sporting events, worship services,concerts. People will be less gregarious than before. Less frequent store visits. So it's going to be interesting to watch.

Even when a vaccine is developed, he said things may never return to what was considered normal before the virus, because it will always be a looming threat in society.
He previously said that the virus will likely come back every year, especially without a vaccine to prevent future outbreaks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swine flu still hits the US every year - "it will always be a looming threat in society"

I wonder if anyone else sees the irony here, Fauci is a scientist. They talk in what is known, they don’t commit to the own known and soothing the public isn’t their remit. They are not politicians.

In other words...he is pretty much what you liked in Trump. Straight speaking. Not a politician.

But now you don’t like that and you want Trump to act like a politician.

I don’t envy the President, Congress, the Governors...trying to determine what is best, balancing jobs and economy with public health and safety. Not easy.

I'll take a doctor over an elected official on any topic any day of the week.

Same here. Besides, isn't the reason for the politicians calling in the doctors and scientists so that they could make decent decisions on the information provided by the doctors? Competent leaders know when to shut up and let the experts talk. Trump doesn't have that ability as he thinks that no matter what, he's the smartest person in the room, even when he's clearly not.

Forum List

Back