Dr. Fauci Concedes the Coronavirus Mortality Rate May Be Much Closer to a Very Bad Flu

You fucking assholes don't get it.

This isn't political

Trump is just an empty suit here.
First he says its not political

then he attacks trump
I'm responding to the assholes claiming I only care about politics...who only claim about how this effects Trump.

You morons brought up the politics. You morons claim that when I talk about doing the right things here that I'm doing so to damage Trump. That;s insane
Everything you post is a political screed against trump

you may be fooling yourself but you dont fool us

It amazes me that asshole liberals only blame Trump.How about the leaders of China,Spain.Italy.England and many others.Furthermore Fauci reminds me of George Burns.
hqdefault.jpg

Like the computer models, initial estimates prove false.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, co-authored an article published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the fatality rate for the coronavirus will turn out to be like that of a "severe seasonal influenza."

Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus death rate like very bad flu - WND
REALLY NOW??!! The Shock! This was a big fucking scam, and the whole world fell for it.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, co-authored an article published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the fatality rate for the coronavirus will turn out to be like that of a "severe seasonal influenza."

Straight from WingNut Daily.

Lol

The article was published by the New England Journal of Medicine.

You might try reading it. Get someone to help you.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387
The interpretation you led with was from WND.

The NEJM did not say anything about fauci and his relationship with Democrats.

Stop trying to legitimize your garbage fake news sites.

No it didn't. The article says everything about the Democrats and their media-pumped numbers.

This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

The numbers for seasonal flu up to January 2020 have already been posted here. Those numbers even early on overwhelm the current Wuhan virus numbers.

You might want to note a couple of things.

First, that doesn't say that the death rate for COVID-19 will be the same as seasonal flu, but rather that it may be closer to the 0.1% of seasonal flu than the 10% or 36% of SARS or MERS. A pretty high death rate for such a communicable disease would still fit that criteria.

Second, they mention it might compare to the 1957 and 1968 flu pandemics. In 1957, according to the CDC, 1.1 million people died worldwide, 110,000 in the US. 1957-1958 Pandemic (H2N2 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC In 1968, it was 1 million worldwide and 100,000 in the US. 1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC While that's a lot better than the millions dead in the US some have warned is possible, 100,000 people dying is a lot of dead Americans.

As of March 28, the US had 119,748 cases and 1,991 deaths.

1968 was the Stone Age in terms of medical advancement. Unlikely you'll see that number of dead here.

It was?

It was.

So far how are we treating this COVID-19 to to back then?

Most of it is fumbling around due to outdated regulations.

Like what? It;s also not that regulations can't be lifted as they have been.

Trump has also been in office over 3 years and it's not like Trump wasn't warned in January while Trump was downplaying the virus. In fact Trump was warned in January of 2017 that this was a real issue. Also warned in 2019.

What did Trump do in 2017, 2018 and 2019 to prepare for a pandemic?
Happy Joint sez: "What did Trump do in 2017, 2018 and 2019 to prepare for a pandemic?"

Thank you for asking, although I'm surprised you didn't know that Trump prepared millions of Americans to weather hard times by ensuring they had good and decent-paying employment for over 3 years of being in office. And he raised the # of Americans in high-paying jobs and lowered the # of Americans who were out of work. Should workers be required to stay at home by cdc standards, they will receive compensation for the time it takes for the weather to warm up and the coronavirus days shrink to nothing.

Gosh, I'm glad you asked that question, because Trump has already answered it by fastidious caring to help people in America help themselves. What a wonderful thing that is!!!
So basically nothing that president Obama wasn't already taking care of.

Good to know.

You got to admit, in the face of this pandemic when presented with evidence that on multiple occasions Trump did nothing to prepare this country for a pandemic in 3 years this beautress came up with the most knob gobbling Trump excuse ever.
Indeed. Her lips are permanently stained orange.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It amazes me that asshole liberals only blame Trump.How about the leaders of China,Spain.Italy.England and many others.Furthermore Fauci reminds me of George Burns.
hqdefault.jpg
Are any of those people responsible for tRump's response to the virus?

Lol

No it didn't. The article says everything about the Democrats and their media-pumped numbers.

This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

The numbers for seasonal flu up to January 2020 have already been posted here. Those numbers even early on overwhelm the current Wuhan virus numbers.

First, that doesn't say that the death rate for COVID-19 will be the same as seasonal flu, but rather that it may be closer to the 0.1% of seasonal flu than the 10% or 36% of SARS or MERS. A pretty high death rate for such a communicable disease would still fit that criteria.

Second, they mention it might compare to the 1957 and 1968 flu pandemics. In 1957, according to the CDC, 1.1 million people died worldwide, 110,000 in the US. 1957-1958 Pandemic (H2N2 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC In 1968, it was 1 million worldwide and 100,000 in the US. 1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC While that's a lot better than the millions dead in the US some have warned is possible, 100,000 people dying is a lot of dead Americans.

1968 was the Stone Age in terms of medical advancement. Unlikely you'll see that number of dead here.

It was?

It was.

Trump has also been in office over 3 years and it's not like Trump wasn't warned in January while Trump was downplaying the virus. In fact Trump was warned in January of 2017 that this was a real issue. Also warned in 2019.

Happy Joint sez: "What did Trump do in 2017, 2018 and 2019 to prepare for a pandemic?"

Thank you for asking, although I'm surprised you didn't know that Trump prepared millions of Americans to weather hard times by ensuring they had good and decent-paying employment for over 3 years of being in office. And he raised the # of Americans in high-paying jobs and lowered the # of Americans who were out of work. Should workers be required to stay at home by cdc standards, they will receive compensation for the time it takes for the weather to warm up and the coronavirus days shrink to nothing.

Gosh, I'm glad you asked that question, because Trump has already answered it by fastidious caring to help people in America help themselves. What a wonderful thing that is!!!

Good to know.
Only thing Obama did was apologize for being American.(if he really was)
Please, show us President Obama apologizing for being American.

Now that Fauci is having revelations, he should switch to Trump's way of thinking about hydroxiquinalone. WTF is with these naysayers who seem to be fighting a successful treatment? Get the fuck with the program. Everywhere they have used it they had great success. I agree with Trump completely

Last edited:
Well well...
The case fatality rate is far, far lower than we’ve been lead to believe. Are we willing to destroy America over a bad case of the flu?

On Thursday Dr. Fauci co-authored a report on the coronavirus in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The report, entitled “Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted”, was co-authored by Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., H. Clifford Lane, M.D., and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

Here’s a direct quote from that report:

“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

The last time there was a "very bad flu" was 1918.
And mother fuckers still got off their asses, went to work, and sure as fuck didnt get payouts to stay home...
True and they infected everyone around them.

• Thanks

Actually, it was 2009, when a billion people were affected and hundreds of thousands died - both numbers magnitudes greater than the present flu.

The reaction to that one did not result in the planned destruction of our entire economy which is currently affecting us all.

hqdefault.jpg

If I lived in China, Spain, Italy, France, etc., I'd blame those responsible, but since we live in America and trump is responsible for taking care of things here during this kind of situation, why should I blame the French president? trump ran for office claiming only he could fix shit, well?

hqdefault.jpg

If I lived in China, Spain, Italy, France, etc., I'd blame those responsible, but since we live in America and trump is responsible for taking care of things here during this kind of situation, why should I blame the French president? trump ran for office claiming only he could fix shit, well?
You have Obamacare.You will be fine.

Actually, it was 2009, when a billion people were affected and hundreds of thousands died - both numbers magnitudes greater than the present flu.

The reaction to that one did not result in the planned destruction of our entire economy which is currently affecting us all.
There is no planned destruction unless you think the entire world is in on it.

Corona virus is not the same as flu virus. Humans have built up a degree of herd immunity to flu virus’. The corona virus is novel to the human system and there is a lot we don’t know about it yet, including things like do build up immunity from having it? How long does it last?

The economy isn’t crashing simply from the policies put into place for this epidemic, but that is certainly hastening the trend of an economy already rocked from the fall out of trade wars, massive debt, and the effect of the virus around the world.

I honestly don’t know what the best policies are in balancing public health with the need to keep our economy moving. I think it is as much a mistake to minimize the virus as it is fuel fear of it, especially when we don’t know enough.

I do think it is a mistake to make it partisan since both Republican and Democrat governors are doing the same. No one is trying to crash the economy just to make Trump look bad because it effects everyone of their states profoundly. But I won’t deny there is politicking going on around it from both sides.

By the way, just for comparison, the 1918 flu also had devastating economic impacts.

• Thanks

What you are missing is that COVID-19 has a (R0) of 2.2 while the flu is only 1.3...meaning COVID will spread far more widely and rapidly.

• Thanks
Well well...
The case fatality rate is far, far lower than we’ve been lead to believe. Are we willing to destroy America over a bad case of the flu?

On Thursday Dr. Fauci co-authored a report on the coronavirus in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The report, entitled “Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted”, was co-authored by Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., H. Clifford Lane, M.D., and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

Here’s a direct quote from that report:

“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

The article says a severe flu has approx 0.1% death rate.

Fatality rates for Covid19 vary from country to country, and the data isn't certain yet but it seems to be between 0.31 and 1.94.

Spanish flu was 2.5.
...ten years before the discovery of antibiotics.
Yes, and a lot of other advances in care, but that really doesn’t change the fact it was a particularly virulant strain, killing people within a day. If it happened today, the death toll would still be far higher than the regular flu.

This is a stupid thread making stupid claims.

Dems are not "turning on " Fauci and nowhere is he saying anything OTHER than that this is a VERY serious disease.

Why do Leftists so badly need this to be a very serious disease?

Why are they SO INTO this pandemic? I'm sure you all notice it right? Every time someone dares to breathe, "Hey maybe it's not so bad", they have to make sure you know, oh no no no it's terrible, you're gonna die, they're gonna die death death death

They love this, and we all know it
Most idiotic post ever.

Fauci has just predicted right now 100k-200k deaths in the United States though he said that could change.

It's just the flu, right?

Lol

It was?

It was.

Good to know.
Only thing Obama did was apologize for being American.(if he really was)
Please, show us President Obama apologizing for being American.
You don't accept proof.

Forum List

Back