Dozens of Jews killed in Israel

Wow are these folks insane . Having thousands run in a small area never ends well

A t least 44 people have been killed in a crush at a crowded religious festival in the north-east of Israel.

Dozens more were injured at the Lag B'Omer festival, which takes place annually at the foot of Mount Meron.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu travelled to the scene and said Sunday would be a day of national mourning.

Tens of thousands of Orthodox Jews attended the all-night festival, making it the largest event in Israel since the coronavirus pandemic began.

snip

Israel is a nation in shock. This is the worst civilian disaster in its modern history.

Questions are being asked about how an annual celebration turned into such a tragedy.

Police - who were in charge of public security at the site - are used to even bigger numbers turning up and they are already facing criticism. They have launched their own investigation.

At Mount Meron, there are still chaotic scenes and hundreds of buses are trying to transport the attendees away.

Meanwhile, many families have struggled to get news of their loved ones due to overburdened phone services.

Some bodies are yet to be identified and funerals are not expected to take place until after the Jewish Sabbath, which begins at sunset. Leading rabbis have called for prayers to support the bereaved and injured.

2px presentational grey line
'No place to move'
Witnesses have described the panic as the crush began to unfold.

"It was crowded and there [was]... no place to move," one attendee told the BBC. "People started to fall on the ground."

"All of a sudden we saw paramedics... running by," another attendee, Shlomo Katz, said. "One after the other [they] started coming out... Then we understood that something is going on here."

Wow are these folks insane . Having thousands run in a small area never ends well

A t least 44 people have been killed in a crush at a crowded religious festival in the north-east of Israel.

Dozens more were injured at the Lag B'Omer festival, which takes place annually at the foot of Mount Meron.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu travelled to the scene and said Sunday would be a day of national mourning.

Tens of thousands of Orthodox Jews attended the all-night festival, making it the largest event in Israel since the coronavirus pandemic began.

snip

Israel is a nation in shock. This is the worst civilian disaster in its modern history.

Questions are being asked about how an annual celebration turned into such a tragedy.

Police - who were in charge of public security at the site - are used to even bigger numbers turning up and they are already facing criticism. They have launched their own investigation.

At Mount Meron, there are still chaotic scenes and hundreds of buses are trying to transport the attendees away.

Meanwhile, many families have struggled to get news of their loved ones due to overburdened phone services.

Some bodies are yet to be identified and funerals are not expected to take place until after the Jewish Sabbath, which begins at sunset. Leading rabbis have called for prayers to support the bereaved and injured.

'No place to move'

"It was crowded and there [was]... no place to move," one attendee told the BBC. "People started to fall on the ground."

"All of a sudden we saw paramedics... running by," another attendee, Shlomo Katz, said. "One after the other [they] started coming out... Then we understood that something is going on here."
Tragic and horrifying.....

Sounds like Chicago
Not really......

If this had happened in the USA, and it was discovered they had Covid-19, the cause of death would be marked as Covid-19.

All you guys suddenly think you're prophets.

If this had happened in the USA, and it was discovered they had Covid-19, the cause of death would be marked as Covid-19.

I bought an on-line Certificate in Prophetology from an Obama funded college.

I bought an on-line Certificate in Prophetology from an Obama funded college.
Too bad you failed.

snip

'No place to move'

Indeed.. I spoke with Jewish friends at the market this AM.. They told me all the participants were Orthodox.

snip

'No place to move'

Indeed.. I spoke with Jewish friends at the market this AM.. They told me all the participants were Orthodox.
I am assume this is something they have annually.....I wonder if the logistics or planning changed this year as opposed to previous years....I can't understand how it happened

snip

'No place to move'

I am assume this is something they have annually.....I wonder if the logistics or planning changed this year as opposed to previous years....I can't understand how it happened

I don't know whether or not it was annual. It is horrible.

snip

'No place to move'

I don't know whether or not it was annual. It is horrible.
Orthodox Jews are bat shiit insane

Forum List

Back