Down-played by the Media? 'Organized Religion' Taergeted in Oregon Shooting...

We know he described himself as a conservative Republican.

We also know Major Niddal Hassan identified himself as a 'soldier of Allah', threatened to behead his fellow officers who refused to convert to Islam, and contacted Al Qaeida...yet Obama and Liberals DEMANDED that he was NOT an Islamic Extremists. How can 'you' have been SO WRONG about that last time, when it was obvious, yet feel like you're SO right now?!
:lmao:

'He targeted Christians.'
- Liberals: NO, now that has not 100% been confirmed, even though eye-witnesses have reported it. Let's wait to find out all the facts.

Liberals: 'He's a card-carrying Conservative and a member of the GOP! That is a fact...ta hell with the rest of the investigation!'
:rolleyes:

Are you really this fucking stupid? I substantiated your point that the gunman targeted Christians. You really are just about as stupid as you can possibly be.
He target people who were part of organized religion, which in his world means Chrisitans. Roseburg is 88% white. Five percent are Hispanic (which, if they are religious, mean Christian), Less than one percent each are black, Asian or native American.

21117.jpg

The 'other' in the chart are Asians and native Americans.

If there are any Muslims in Roseburg, Oregon, they are a tiny minority. To the shooter, organized religion means Christianity. Roseburg is a conservative Republican enclave dominated by Christianity. The shooter would not likely ask any of those people if they were Muslim, or any other religion, because it would be almost an impossibility that anyone would be anything other than Christian. He targeted organized religion, not Christianity per se.
LMAO: That's so cool, your choosing ignorance over fact, lies over truth, fantasy over reality. Kudos to you.

Sucks to be you libs with freaks like that in your camp.
You are so funny; you're just making me laugh and laugh. What a kick. I mean, what a kook. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

That's the 4 joints you smoked before breakfast lib.
LOL So, I'm gonna ignore you because I just don't waste time on nut cases like you. You think in stereotypes apparently. I don't smoke anything.

You don't have to announce it, just do it, nobody really cares what you think or do sorry.
What a fool you are. You just accused me of smoking pot, and when I inform you I don't do that, you say I am 'announcing' it. What a jackass you are. :asshole:

We know he described himself as a conservative Republican. And now the LA Times is saying he also had "white supremacist" beliefs. Crazies have reasons for everything they do. And the reason is always crazy. He may have been thinking he was sending Christians right away to God. That he was doing them a favor. Who knows. I haven't been able to figure out the right wing for the last 30 years. Neither have they.

So, now conservative Republicans are anti-Christian? So much for the Conservative Republican/Evangelical Christian nutter narrative.

:)
This particular Conservative Republican, the shooter, was anti-organized religion. He was not targeting Christians. He was targeting organized religion; it just happens to be that the ONLY organized religion in Roseburg is Christianity.

He target people who were part of organized religion, which in his world means Chrisitans. Roseburg is 88% white. Five percent are Hispanic (which, if they are religious, mean Christian), Less than one percent each are black, Asian or native American.

21117.jpg

The 'other' in the chart are Asians and native Americans.

If there are any Muslims in Roseburg, Oregon, they are a tiny minority. To the shooter, organized religion means Christianity. Roseburg is a conservative Republican enclave dominated by Christianity. The shooter would not likely ask any of those people if they were Muslim, or any other religion, because it would be almost an impossibility that anyone would be anything other than Christian. He targeted organized religion, not Christianity per se.
Sucks to be you libs with freaks like that in your camp.
You are so funny; you're just making me laugh and laugh. What a kick. I mean, what a kook. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

That's the 4 joints you smoked before breakfast lib.
LOL So, I'm gonna ignore you because I just don't waste time on nut cases like you. You think in stereotypes apparently. I don't smoke anything.

You don't have to announce it, just do it, nobody really cares what you think or do sorry.
What a fool you are. You just accused me of smoking pot, and when I inform you I don't do that, you say I am 'announcing' it. What a jackass you are. :asshole:

Good lord it was a joke WOOOOOSH it went right over your head.

There are no mosques or Islamic centers in Roseburg. The closest mosque is over 150 miles away in Portland.

There are no Hindu temples in Roseburg. The closest one is in Grants Pass, 70 miles away. There is only one synogogue in Roseburg. There are no Buddhist temples in Roseburg. The closest one is in Cottage Grove, 42 miles away.

Essentially, the only religion in Roseburg is Christianity. So, when the shooter was asking people if they were Christian, he was asking them if they were a part of organized religion. In his world, organized religion means Chrisitianity.

Last edited:
We know he described himself as a conservative Republican. And now the LA Times is saying he also had "white supremacist" beliefs. Crazies have reasons for everything they do. And the reason is always crazy. He may have been thinking he was sending Christians right away to God. That he was doing them a favor. Who knows. I haven't been able to figure out the right wing for the last 30 years. Neither have they.

So, now conservative Republicans are anti-Christian? So much for the Conservative Republican/Evangelical Christian nutter narrative.

This particular Conservative Republican, the shooter, was anti-organized religion. He was not targeting Christians. He was targeting organized religion; it just happens to be that the ONLY organized religion in Roseburg is Christianity.

Yeah, whatever... I find it off that every time some nut-job goes crazy, for whatever reason, the left tags them as "conservative".

'The Shooter' singled out Christians for execution at UCC. He walked into the campus classroom, demanded his victims identify their religion, shot those who refused to answer in the legs / body, and shot those who admitted to being Christians in the head.
(** I refuse this insane, evil person's name because documents found said that he wanted to be famous and that while no one knew him after this everyone in the world would know him. So, I refuse to give him the satisfaction ,even after death. He is now to me just another nameless, faceless 'nut-job' that killed a bunch of innocent people.)

As the story develops and we learn more about 'The Shooter', it SEEMS a little like SOME of the media outlets are manipulating the story, either by accident or design. I have ready several such stories where the media is reporting that he 'hated religion on-line' and had a problem with (any) 'organized religion'.

This stems from an on-line profile of 'The Shooter' in which he lists 'organized religion' as one of his 'dislikes'.

Maybe I am reading too much into this...so far...but I, as most Americans do, recognize that there has been a 'War On Christians / Christianity' going on for a while and is escalating. This is especially evident now after this nut-job specifically targeted Christians for execution! This may be down-played by the media but will not be lost on Americans.
The shooter appears to have been a white supremacist.

Oregon shooting: Gunman had white supremacy, anti-religion leanings, sources say

Chris Harper Mercer, the shooter in the attack at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, was a "hate-filled" individual, who held anti-religion, anti-government and white supremacy leanings, according to two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation.

Mercer's, who was also obsessed with guns, left behind an angry, hate-filled note, said another source who was not authorized to discuss the investigation.

The gunman, who was killed in an gunfight with police, also liked to discuss military history, sources said.

He left a note.

Sheriff Hanlin is going to be in some hot water:

Hanlin spoke out against state and federal gun-control legislation last year, telling a state legislative committee that mandating background checks for private, person-to-person gun sales would not prevent criminals from getting firearms.

Hanlin also sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden after the 2012 shooting at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school.

Tell the folks at home what the heroic Sheriff said, Bob!
Hanlin said he and his deputies would refuse to enforce new gun-control restrictions “offending the constitutional rights of my citizens.”

Oopsie!

I'm sure that's going over well in Roseburg, OR right about now.

Yeah, whatever... I find it off that every time some nut-job goes crazy, for whatever reason, the left tags them as "conservative".
He self identified as conservative. No one is tagging him as conservative except himself.

Yup, he walked in, told everyone who was part of an 'organized religion' to raise their hand, then started shooting those who did....

..except that is NOT what happened, according to eye-witnesses. He singled out "Christians" and shot those who admitted they were in the head. But don't let the FACTS stop you...you're on a roll! :happy-1:

(Thank you for justifying the entire reason for this thread! :thup:)

He self identified as conservative. No one is tagging him as conservative except himself.
Maj Niddal Hassal identified himself as a 'soldier of allah' and an Islamic Extremist yet the only people who denied this after the Ft. Hood terrorist attack was Obama and Liberals. Now, the people who refused to accept the self-identification of one shooter demands we accept the self-identification of another?

Either there is massive hypocrisy here or this is proof that Obama / Liberals CAN truly learn. :p

Beats me.

It's what the anonymous "two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation" said.

:link: 'familiar with the investigation'? At this point I still believe the eye-witnesses...and if Liberals are going to DEMAND we accept that this insane person considered himself to be a Conservative then he must be one then if he considered himself to be a mixed-race individual then we MUST accept he was NOT a white supremacist.

Beats me.

It's what the anonymous "two law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation" said.

:link:
Um. You skipped over some of my posts, didn't you.
direct 'quote'/'reply' but maybe I did miss something somewhere. If I did then I apologize. Still, got that link to how he could be a mixed-race white supremacist? You've got me curious now...

See post 108.

Got it (though no link)...

IF TRUE, this only further shows how psychotic this kid was.
- He considers himself a 'conservative republican' but singles out and executers Christians: Sorry, doesn't go together.
- He identifies himself as 'Mixed-Race' yet implies (according to these officers) that he has 'white supremacist' leanings / teaching: Again, doesn't go together.

If anything, all of this SO FAR proves instead of more gun control in regards to this case we should be looking seriously at 'mental illness'.

There is no war on christianity. What a bullshit statement.
The latest report out on this nut is he has white supremacists leaning values,

'The Shooter' singled out Christians for execution at UCC. He walked into the campus classroom, demanded his victims identify their religion, shot those who refused to answer in the legs / body, and shot those who admitted to being Christians in the head.
(** I refuse this insane, evil person's name because documents found said that he wanted to be famous and that while no one knew him after this everyone in the world would know him. So, I refuse to give him the satisfaction ,even after death. He is now to me just another nameless, faceless 'nut-job' that killed a bunch of innocent people.)

As the story develops and we learn more about 'The Shooter', it SEEMS a little like SOME of the media outlets are manipulating the story, either by accident or design. I have ready several such stories where the media is reporting that he 'hated religion on-line' and had a problem with (any) 'organized religion'.

This stems from an on-line profile of 'The Shooter' in which he lists 'organized religion' as one of his 'dislikes'.

Maybe I am reading too much into this...so far...but I, as most Americans do, recognize that there has been a 'War On Christians / Christianity' going on for a while and is escalating. This is especially evident now after this nut-job specifically targeted Christians for execution! This may be down-played by the media but will not be lost on Americans.

Forum List

Back