DOW continues plunge, goodbye 23000

Stock market was 18,000 before Election Day 2016. Its now 23,000.

Yea, I think President Trump will “own up” the 30% increase over two years.
The DOW rose 248% under Obama. Trump`s gone from 20,068 to 24,748, a 19% hike, not 30%. He`s trailing Obama badly.

The DOW rose 248% under Obama. Trump`s gone from 20,068 to 24,748, a 19% hike, not 30%. He`s trailing Obama badly.
In 6 more years Trump will have buried that economic dumbass ed mulatto, who relied on 0 interest rates to drive the market. And never had a 3% yearly GDP!

Barack Obama Is Now The Only President In History To Never Have A Year Of 3% GDP ...
Zero Hedge › news › barack-obama-now...

Jan 27, 2017 · Following today's extremely disappointing US GDP growth data, we have the final nail in the coffin of President Obama's economic reign .

President Trump has discussed firing Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell after the central bank announced this week that it would raise interest rates, Bloomberg reports.

**SNIP**

Powell publicly pushed back against the president earlier this month after Trump tweeted urging the Fed to resist raising interest rates, citing a stock market selloff.

“I know, and everyone who works at the Fed knows, that we’re going to do our jobs the way we’ve always done them,” Powell said at a press conference at the time.

Trump previously said in October that he would "maybe" regret selecting Powell to succeed the Federal Reserve's previous chairwoman, Janet Yellen, who resigned in November 2017.

Read more at thehill.com ...

Powell is a clown. 8 years of quantitative easing and we finally get a chance to recover and he shackles the economy. Who is he working for, the Chinese?

Jan 20, 2010 · The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 10603 on 1/20/10, as the stock market went down as the US Dollar rose.....The OBOMANATION stock market at the same point in as Trump at his 2 year mark.....how much LESS INCREASE did the jug earred, economic idiot have....comparing them at the same timeline.. another BIG MYTH, or rather FAKE NEWS from the Commie ABNORMALS!

And no gains for the last year.
And QUANTITATIVE EASING WIPED AWAY. Still less increase as Trump at the same timeline, 2 years into his first term.....another economic genius trying to equate Apple's to oranges!

I don't credit nor blame presidents all that much for the market's rise and falls. Will say that any one of them complaining about fed's interest rates when it is under 3% is rather wimpy.

Another 5oo Point drop on Christmas Eve.
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 11.22.49 AM.png

A market correction (a drop of 10 percent or more) is often a leading indicator of recession six months or so down the road as investors sniff out a coming slowdown in consumer and business spending that would hurt corporate profits. But by several key measures, the economy is in its best shape in years, posting its strongest six-month stretch since 2015 and poised to reach 3 percent growth this year for the first time since 2005. The 3.7 percent unemployment rate marks a half-century low and heralds faster wage growth for American workers. And retail sales were robust last month. That’s key because consumer spending makes up 70% percent of economic activity. Q&A: Does the stock market sell-off mean a recession is coming?
Dont know what others have done but I raised my 401 contribution a percentage and am back into small and large caps having reduced flow into company stock. Last yr when dividends were paid I picked up 50 shares...this yr I netted 130. Broker called wanted to know if I had any concerns, told em what I had done and he endorsed it. Said he followed same tack during last downturn and it paid off huge. As for what he manages it all pays dividends so even though some are slightly below where I purchased em I'm still ahead by decent amount. Dont have any strictly price plays.

When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) continued its credit crisis slump and fell to 7,550.29, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation in 1896.

The Dow closed at 19,827.25 on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, 2017

That’s a gain over eight years of 12,276.96

Currently it’s sitting at 22,785.28

That’s a gain of 2958.03 under Trump.

That’s where we’re currently at.

Another 5oo Point drop on Christmas Eve.View attachment 236579

A little perspective wouldn't hurt you; markets go up and markets go down and markets go up and markets go down and on and on....
View attachment 236580

And it’s apparently not just the blue chips…

View attachment 236585

Markets go up and markets go down. Where were the indices 10 years ago and where are they today. Hardly a surprise that you have a short attention span and can't see this, but anyone who is paying attention is going to see buying opportunities. I'm going to focus on under-valued dividend paying stocks.

Forum List

Back