DOW breaks the 30K mark! Congratulations President Trump!

Silicon Valley certainly did pour a lot of money into Biden's campaign.
I'm sure there is going to be payback over the next four years.
Wallstreet donated to a Biden win to the tune of 4x as they did Trump - and the Market climbing since the Election is no mistake. It also had steady climbs coinciding with big poll-drops pre-Election, as well. The Market gambles on the future.
I hope you're right, but, after the dance, the earnings will be coming in and that will dictate the direction.
If Biden does get rid of the business tax breaks, that will change mood of the market.
The Market favored Biden with the knowledge of the proposed Tax increase. That's because orange megalomaniac was an impediment to otherwise great times for the market. Trump caused a few tepid sell-offs with mere retarded TWEETS, and his Trade war was also horrific for the Market.

That it still did as well as it did and has been doing is a testament to the ground work laid after the huge 2008 crash and the reforms.
That is ridiculous. Jobs are going to disappear.
The Market futures don't think so...but they only do this for a living...what do they know, compared to joe nobody on a partisan rant board.
Well Joe Nobody has been in the real world working for a long long time. I know the difference between when US jobs are plentiful and high paying and when they are part time and tax funded. So I have been doing this for a living too.
Yeah, sure you do buddy. :itsok:
Yes I do wacko.
Apparently not :itsok:

View attachment 420992
So what? Big difference between growth jobs and government tax funded jobs.
Right, make excuses when proven that UE shrunk during the Obama years. Cults gotta cult, Cultist. You're in my unserious poster bucket, now. Don't chew on the other minnows while you're in the bucket, thanks!

UE went down because so many people were unemployed for so long that they gave up looking and were no longer considered unemployed.

This was all explained to the bubblecultists back then - how did you miss it?
Well that's not true. Some 15 million jobs were added during Obama's last 7 years in office. That's what caused the unemployment rate to drop.

Everyone knows what the jobs were and the employment participation. Horrible from an America hating president like the one we just got.
There are few of any economic statistics that are dramatically different between the two presidents.
Yeah well don't really buy that....Obammy had thousands of call center folks sitting around to enroll people in healthcare welfare that sat with nothing to do. I am sure he called those government funded jobs private sector.

Yeah well don't really buy that....Obammy had thousands of call center folks sitting around to enroll people in healthcare welfare that sat with nothing to do. I am sure he called those government funded jobs private sector.
Um, okay. And?

I'm only going to post this once, and only once.
If you have a well accumulated 401K or 457K, and depending on your life circumstances, CASH IT OUT NOW!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Dow just hit 30,000. It was a long road to get there

New York (CNN Business)Dow 30,000 is a milestone nearly 125 years in the making.
The average began tracking the most powerful corporate stocks in 1896, and it has served as a broad measure of the market's health through 22 presidents, 24 recessions, a Great Depression and two global pandemics. Along the way, it also weathered at least two stock market crashes and innumerable rallies, corrections, bull and bear markets.
The blue chip index took just over 120 years to crack the 20,000 mark for the first time in early 2017, just after President Donald Trump took office. It needed just less than a year after that to reach the 25,000 mark on January 4, 2018.

The dow went up today because tRump finally gave up on his "I won the election" Bull shit.

It's up over vaccine news.... something Pedo Joe has nothing to with

Only the absolute brain dead would think otherwise.
Oh? What's different about today's vaccine news than last week's?

Poor fawn
Go away.
LOL

You had to know that wasn't going to work, right? I mean, nobody could possibly be that stupid, right?

But no worries, I'll answer for you since you're too big of a pussy to answer for yourself...

Q: What's different about today's vaccine news than last week's?

A: A date. That's all

Last week, Ohio's governor announced vaccines are coming to Ohio, hopefully as early as mid-December. The Dow didn't budge.

Today he announced that vaccines are coming to Ohio in mid-December.

The Dow didn't budge on last week's news about a vaccine. The climb started after yesterday's news that Trump ok'd moving forward with J'Biden's transition and continued climbing during overnight futures and continued climbing today, crossing north of the 30K mark.

Even you can't be that stupid
Not
Even
You.
I'm not, but you are. You're actually trying to credit vaccines for a bump in the market despite there being no new news about them; while ignoring the big news of the day, being Impeached Trump signaling he finally acknowledges defeat by approving J'Biden's transition.

Um, okay. And?
And what? Employers moved to part time jobs because of Obammycare, jobs called private sector that were tax funded, low employment participation.....many differences between now and then.

Um, okay. And?
And what? Employers moved to part time jobs because of Obammycare, jobs called private sector that were tax funded, low employment participation.....many differences between now and then.
Part time for economic reasons fell considerably during Obama.
1606252181779.png

Labor force participation rate went up. Barely.
1606252243642.png

I'm only going to post this once, and only once.
If you have a well accumulated 401K or 457K, and depending on your life circumstances, CASH IT OUT NOW!
Mine more than tripled in the past 4 years, will figure out what to do now.

I have a sterling record here at USMB over the years in my economic predictions, if I do say so myself.

True story.

Um, okay. And?
View attachment 421009

View attachment 421010
Give me a break. How about part time for forcing healthcare welfare down employer's throats???

Um, okay. And?

Yes sir, yes sir, yes sir!!!

Um, okay. And?
View attachment 421009

View attachment 421010
Give me a break. How about part time for forcing healthcare welfare down employer's throats???
That’s under part time for economic reasons.

Thank you President Trump.
Thanks to your accelerated stock market, I'm likely to be able to retire a year or so earlier now. :yes_text12::beer:
LOLOL

Obama:
  • DJIA: UP 149%
  • NASDAQ: UP 265%
  • S&P500: UP 167%

Trump:
  • DJIA: UP 52%
  • NASDAQ: UP 117%
  • S&P500: UP 60%

Joe will go down in history as a modern day Calvin Coolidge.

DACA citizenship = more public expenditures
Open borders = more public expenditures
Medicare for all = more public expenditures
Student Loan Writeoffs = more public expenditures
Bailouts to Dem City S-holes = more public expenditures
And on and on and on......THE RENT IS GONNA BE TOO GODDAMNED HIGH!

Um, okay. And?
View attachment 421009

View attachment 421010
That’s under part time for economic reasons.

Forum List

Back