Don’t stab me Bro

Getting a job is much safer than robbing.

They don't care. It's like that clown in NYC. He attacked an elderly bodega worker and got killed over a $2.50 bag of chips. The moron walked into the place with a $300.00 designer tee shirt.

Where I live we lost our mailman over five bucks. We lost a gas station attendant over $50.00 which the clerk openly allowed the criminal to take. The only way to deal with animals is to treat them like animals.

In the comments on Twitter it is mentioned the store owner was not charged. In some states it is quite possible he would have been as it doesn’t look like his life was in danger. (I am not sure in what state this incident occurred.)

***snip***

Lethal Force for Defense of Property?​

Even in states with "Stand Your Ground" laws, it is generally not legally justifiable to shoot someone in order to protect property alone. These laws apply to provide protection to those who use force to defend themselves in the face of great bodily harm or death, not their storefronts.

However, Texas law allows property owners to use deadly force to protect their properties if (among other things) the owner reasonably believes that use of non-deadly force to protect the property will put someone at risk of death or bodily injury. Despite this, a shop owner is much more likely to be acting within the confines of the law when he or she uses non-lethalforce to protect him or herself (not the business) from looters.

In the comments on Twitter it is mentioned the store owner was not charged. In some states it is quite possible he would have been as it doesn’t look like his life was in danger. (I am not sure in what state this incident occurred.)

***snip***

Lethal Force for Defense of Property?​

Even in states with "Stand Your Ground" laws, it is generally not legally justifiable to shoot someone in order to protect property alone. These laws apply to provide protection to those who use force to defend themselves in the face of great bodily harm or death, not their storefronts.

However, Texas law allows property owners to use deadly force to protect their properties if (among other things) the owner reasonably believes that use of non-deadly force to protect the property will put someone at risk of death or bodily injury. Despite this, a shop owner is much more likely to be acting within the confines of the law when he or she uses non-lethalforce to protect him or herself (not the business) from looters.

Not really applicable in this case. Most states that don't have property protection laws allow you to use deadly force if you believe that you (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. Even if this joker is jumping over the counter screaming "I'm not going to hurt you, I just wanna steal some shit" are you going to believe him?

The clerk had every reason to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. His actions were justified by law.

They don't care. It's like that clown in NYC. He attacked an elderly bodega worker and got killed over a $2.50 bag of chips. The moron walked into the place with a $300.00 designer tee shirt.

Where I live we lost our mailman over five bucks. We lost a gas station attendant over $50.00 which the clerk openly allowed the criminal to take. The only way to deal with animals is to treat them like animals.
I'm glad we agree to treat the criminal thugs in blue like animals.

I agree. They know so as well, and don’t even bother to try. That’s why I’m very rarely more than an arms length away from some type of lethal weapon.
Yep. We need to be responsible for our own safety.

Something leftists will NEVER grasp.

Yep. We need to be responsible for our own safety.

Something leftists will NEVER grasp
Very true.

The bigger issue is that the leftists will never allow others to do it for themselves either. Not only do they want to be made themselves into easy victims; they want to make everyone else into easy marks as well.

Okay, now that we have gotten all of that far rightwing fantasy out of way, here's a dose of reality.

Police have never had more money than they have now.

Both Dems and Cons flood the bastards w/money. Their budgets increase (oftentimes drastically) every election, for no reason whatsoever.

Did you know that in many precincts across the nation some cities, counties and/or towns spend upwards of 50% of their total budget on the damn cops!?!? That's ludicrous!!!

I bet your far rightwing handlers didn't give you that talking point, right?

And you take it as a joke when I make statements like "we live in a Police State" or "America is a Police State."

Snap out of your stupor dude, you might actually learn something and become a better citizen.

Thinking anyone cares about your bold type is ludicrous along with the content of your posts.

And I bet you can't find evidence of your claims. Our country is having a national police shortage; not because of money, but because of the way you leftists always side with criminals against them. It's been going on since the shooting of Brown in Ferguson and augmented with Floyd.

This video is not a Republican fantasy; nobody wants to kill another human being except leftists. But you brought us to the point where we have no other reasonable options but to protect ourselves, family and property.

I don't know where this took place at, but if it was in your typical blue city, chances are if this worker didn't take this guy down, some leftist Soros prosecutor would have not charged the robber with much of anything and let go back into the streets.

We're sick of it.
Wrong AGAIN

Very true.

The bigger issue is that the leftists will never allow others to do it for themselves either. Not only do they want to be made themselves into easy victims; they want to make everyone else into easy marks as well.

The game plan is to get rid of cops and people with guns. That makes us all victims. When that happens we will have big crime. And how do we fight big crime? The same way we fought big tobacco, big corporations, big pharma, and that's with a bigger government.

Forum List

Back