Dolly Parton Speaks Out About Black Lives Matter

I've always thought that ALL lives matter, no matter of ethnicity...
Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
Of course, Black lives matter. I've said that
Then why try to change the subject by saying alm?
Because, I'm making a point that it's not just BLM, and I've always thought that ALM.
You try and group people into identity politics when most think the same as me.
You'll never see that, apparently
Thats not a point. Thats changing the subject. BLM is talking about the racism inherent in policing the Black community. Has nothing to do with anyone else. Regardless of what your opinion is of the subject trying to change it is only going to cause more issues.
There is no such racism.
Of course there is racism. Only someone retarded would think otherwise.
Prove it.
Its already proven.
Where?
Everywhere
Nowhere, in other words.
No stupid. Everywhere is the opposite of no where.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I've always liked Dolly Parton. You could just tell she had a good soul.
True. I'm not much into country music but from what I have from Parton, you can tell she is a good person.
My mom listened to her and another country singer by the name of Rogers.
Kenny Rogers. Being from Kansas and not having a cassette deck back in the day, meant you had to listen to Kansas radio stations.

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
Because, I'm making a point that it's not just BLM, and I've always thought that ALM.
Thats not a point. Thats changing the subject. BLM is talking about the racism inherent in policing the Black community. Has nothing to do with anyone else. Regardless of what your opinion is of the subject trying to change it is only going to cause more issues.
There is no such racism.
Prove it.
Its already proven.
Where?
Everywhere
Nowhere, in other words.
If you could post an example, you would have done it.

True. I'm not much into country music but from what I have from Parton, you can tell she is a good person.
Kenny Rogers. Being from Kansas and not having a cassette deck back in the day, meant you had to listen to Kansas radio stations.
She would play this song that said "you got to know when to hold um" on repeat. :lol:

I have never liked country music either. It's one of the reasons why I never worked with her.

I would if the opportunity presented itself again.
I would if I got the chance. I hope she calls on you.

Dolly's talented gets to voice an opinion just like the rest of us. When we admit that black people have not been treated the same as white people, then we have no need to voice the opinion that all lives matter as that needs no saying.

• Thanks
She would play this song that said "you got to know when to hold um" on repeat. :lol:
Yeah, The Gambler. I must have heard that song 4-5,000 times. Him and Bob Seger.

Just a reminder guys...topic is Dolly Parton, BLM...try to keep it within a hundred miles of that please.

Per Coyote

Here is the logic inherent in those that feel the need to change the subject regarding BLM

Gardener: Roses are beautiful.

White racist: All flowers are beautiful

Gardener: I'm talking specifically about the beauty of roses.

White racist: Thats racist
Exactly.

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
There is no such racism.
Prove it.
Its already proven.
Where?
Everywhere
Nowhere, in other words.
I post examples all the time but you seem to have trouble comprehending them. Lets see if you got any smarter.

"Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”
― Norm Stamper Police Chief

• Love
I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.
If All Lives Matter, why do we need Blue Lives Matter??

The same reason we need Black Lives Matter.

(Hint: not all 'Blue' lives are white)

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.
Well? What did she change the name of her show too?

You would know that answer if you clicked the link and read the article.

Stop being so lazy.

If you really want to know, read the article.
You have to be kidding she dropped the word Dixie from her "Dixie Stampede" review.. Since when is Dixie offensive?
Just another word for Southern. Unbelievable

Some people find it offensive. She was told that people are offended by the word. Personally I don't find it offensive but if some people do, I support changing the name and being a mature adult.

She's a very smart business woman. She knows it's stupid to offend people if you want to stay in business. Plus as she said, she doesn't want to offend people. That's what an adult does. So she changed the name.

On the other hand childish and selfish people would not change the name. They would also be offended by the name change.

Just as you seem to be.

Grow up. The woman has the right to give any name she wants to her show. It's HER show. NOT yours or anyone else's.

She seems to have made the right choice. People go to Dollywood and have a great time.

As a result, the woman is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. She never declared bankruptcy nor did she get anything handed to her by anyone. She worked her butt off for all the success she has enjoyed through the years.

I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.

No its not the same reason. Its a totally different reason. Cops dont get killed, brutalized, or harassed because of their race.

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
There is no such racism.
Prove it.
Its already proven.
Where?
Everywhere
Nowhere, in other words.
I post examples all the time but you seem to have trouble comprehending them. Lets see if you got any smarter.

"Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”
Looks like Police Chief Stamper has an inferior complex and need to resign

No its not the same reason. Its a totally different reason. Cops dont get killed, brutalized, or harassed because of their race.

Cops don't get killed, brutalized, or harassed because of their race.

Their race?

no, they don't.

they get killed, brutalized, and harassed because of the 'blue' uniform they wear.

Cops don't get killed, brutalized, or harassed because of their race.

Their race?

no, they don't.

they get killed, brutalized, and harassed because of the 'blue' uniform they wear.
They can take off their blue uniforms so its not the same.

The Black cops that are not in uniform run into the same racism that non cop Blacks run into. This is the point of BLM

Dolly Parton the Communist of Country Music

You russian trolls crack me up. You actually think that all Americans are as stupid, ignorant and paranoid as trump followers.

We aren't.

In fact we are very well educated. We know the meaning of the word communism.

We know that communism is an economic system that doesn't allow any private ownership of anything. The government or state owns everything.

Dolly Parton is a business woman who is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. She owns real estate and businesses in a few areas of this nation.

A communist wouldn't own anything.

So you either are one of the most stupid russian trolls I've encountered or you just like to lie and show you think all Americans are as stupid as you are.

How's the weather in moscow today comrade?

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
There is no such racism.
Prove it.
Its already proven.
Where?
Everywhere
Nowhere, in other words.

Looks like Police Chief Stamper has an inferior complex and need to resign
Way to stay retarded and willfully ignorant. This is one of the reasons

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.
Well? What did she change the name of her show too?

You would know that answer if you clicked the link and read the article.

Stop being so lazy.

If you really want to know, read the article.
You have to be kidding she dropped the word Dixie from her "Dixie Stampede" review.. Since when is Dixie offensive?
Just another word for Southern. Unbelievable

Some people find it offensive. She was told that people are offended by the word. Personally I don't find it offensive but if some people do, I support changing the name and being a mature adult.

She's a very smart business woman. She knows it's stupid to offend people if you want to stay in business. Plus as she said, she doesn't want to offend people. That's what an adult does. So she changed the name.

On the other hand childish and selfish people would not change the name. They would also be offended by the name change.

Just as you seem to be.

Grow up. The woman has the right to give any name she wants to her show. It's HER show. NOT yours or anyone else's.

She seems to have made the right choice. People go to Dollywood and have a great time.

As a result, the woman is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. She never declared bankruptcy nor did she get anything handed to her by anyone. She worked her butt off for all the success she has enjoyed through the years.
It is her show and she can call it anything she wants.
However is "Dixie" really that offensive? Who is it offensive too?
What percentage of her audience is offended by the name "Dixie"? Or is really BLM group just seeing how much they can get away with. People need to take a stand and not cave,
I would imagine that there are more people offended that she caved and changed the name.

Forum List

Back