Dolly Parton Speaks Out About Black Lives Matter

Dolly's entire quote:

"I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen," she said. "And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little White a**es are the only ones that matter? No!"

Here is a woman who came from a dirt poor Appalachian background, invested wisely, built a business empire and who's net worth is around 500 million....don't think she ever declared bankruptcy.

And folks are calling her a "dumb bimbo"?
How many of you leftwing assholes have called men like Henry Ford dumb?

Not me. Perhaps you can provide a quote of someone calling him "dumb" or admit you are just pulling it out of your ass. You think Parton is a dumb bimbo. That is just laughable given her life story.
Many in here have called Henry Ford dumb. They also call Trump dumb, and he is clearly not dumb. He beat the smartest woman in the world in the 2016 election, didn't he?

I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.

" Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally. "

Thats because everyone with a brain knows its an attempt to take the focus off the point. If you cant speak on the point its best you dont say anything. You cant convince me white people are really that stupid and clueless. If my white relatives get it, then I know other whites get it.
Bullshit, only through the eyes of a racist could someone come up with that.
No youre the one with the bullshit. Only a racist would attempt to say alm when the discussion is about the specific issues Blacks face with the police. Its a transparent attempt to derail the conversation.
Wrong, you racist douchebag. The claim that police deliberately murder innocent black men is BLM propaganda. Racism should be a dead issue, but the left has to keep it alive as long as possible, otherwise they lose elections.
Wrong you troglodyte. No one is asking your opinion. Yes racism should be a dead issue but it obviously isnt. I dont care if its not obvious to you. The point is that its an issue. Smart people like Dolly see it and speak on it.

She is such a treasure to our nation.

She is full of love and hope. I wish more people were like Ms. Parton. She is a shining light in this darkness of hate and death in our nation.

I love that she says "Of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.

In my decades of a career I never worked with her. I had the opportunity many times but I was always committed to another project at the time. I wish I had accepted that job at least once.

She has a new song, When Life Is Good Again. I think she sums up what a lot of us are feeling. At least I hope. She's right we need to stay positive to turn this nightmare into something positive in the end.

I love that she says "Of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

Sounds to me like she's saying ALL lives matter

Read again. Shes smarter than that. She knows "all lives matter" is a weak attempt to shut down BLACK LIVES MATTER. Nowhere in her statement does it say the word "all"

"Of course Black lives matter "

Maybe you should post her WHOLE quote:

Why? Its in the OP and since you just posted it where do you see the word "all"?

Since you've proven you can read, I guess it's time you worked on comprehension.

"Do we think our little white asses are the only ones who matter? No."

White lives matter, black lives matter, etc etc etc.

We have a beautiful 14 year daughter who is Chinese, she mattered so much to us 13 and a half years ago we adopted her.

She took her opportunity and has ran with it...her father and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Dolly's entire quote:

"I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen," she said. "And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little White a**es are the only ones that matter? No!"

Here is a woman who came from a dirt poor Appalachian background, invested wisely, built a business empire and who's net worth is around 500 million....don't think she ever declared bankruptcy.

Not me. Perhaps you can provide a quote of someone calling him "dumb" or admit you are just pulling it out of your ass. You think Parton is a dumb bimbo. That is just laughable given her life story.
Many in here have called Henry Ford dumb. They also call Trump dumb, and he is clearly not dumb. He beat the smartest woman in the world in the 2016 election, didn't he?

Cool. Perhaps you can provide links where they called Ford dumb. I don't recall that at all. I think you're just reaching because you didn't do your research before calling Parton a dumb bimbo.

I think with the vast majority of Americans, we all think that Black lives matter.
But, the vast majority of Americans also believe that all lives matter, along with Ms. Parton.
Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally.

" Trouble is.....look what happens when a person says that all lives matter at a Black Lives Matter rally. "

Thats because everyone with a brain knows its an attempt to take the focus off the point. If you cant speak on the point its best you dont say anything. You cant convince me white people are really that stupid and clueless. If my white relatives get it, then I know other whites get it.
No youre the one with the bullshit. Only a racist would attempt to say alm when the discussion is about the specific issues Blacks face with the police. Its a transparent attempt to derail the conversation.
Wrong, you racist douchebag. The claim that police deliberately murder innocent black men is BLM propaganda. Racism should be a dead issue, but the left has to keep it alive as long as possible, otherwise they lose elections.
Wrong you troglodyte. No one is asking your opinion. Yes racism should be a dead issue but it obviously isnt. I dont care if its not obvious to you. The point is that its an issue. Smart people like Dolly see it and speak on it.
It's not a dead issue only because leftists need it to pursue their anti-American agenda. There simply isn't any detectable racism in this country. We elected a black man to the office in the land, for Christ's sake.

Who in the hell said black lives don’t matter to warrant the question do black lives matter? If anyone treats black people like their lives don’t matter it’s fucking black people - they murder more blacks than anyone else. The whole premise of black lives matter is absurd

I've always thought that ALL lives matter, no matter of ethnicity...
Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
Of course, Black lives matter. I've said that
Then why try to change the subject by saying alm?
Because the BLM is a terrorist organization, you dumb fuck.
Only a dumb fuck would think BLM is a terrorist organization.
Wrong. They have proven it over and over again. What do you call people who try to burn down a federal court house?

Dolly's entire quote:

Cool. Perhaps you can provide links where they called Ford dumb. I don't recall that at all. I think you're just reaching because you didn't do your research before calling Parton a dumb bimbo.
I knew that was coming next. Sorry, I don't do homework assigned by TDS morons.

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
Because, I'm making a point that it's not just BLM, and I've always thought that ALM.
You try and group people into identity politics when most think the same as me.
You'll never see that, apparently

It's not a dead issue only because leftists need it to pursue their anti-American agenda. There simply isn't any detectable racism in this country. We elected a black man to the office in the land, for Christ's sake.
Its never been a dead issue because its built into the current system. Only a ignorant person wouldnt see that especially when its been admitted to by police chiefs. You didnt elect a Black man into office. You specifically didnt even vote for him. Only 39% of whites voted for him. The rest were people of color.

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
Because, I'm making a point that it's not just BLM, and I've always thought that ALM.
Thats not a point. Thats changing the subject. BLM is talking about the racism inherent in policing the Black community. Has nothing to do with anyone else. Regardless of what your opinion is of the subject trying to change it is only going to cause more issues.

Unlike the hateful trump people she doesn't want to offend anyone so she changed the name off her show to make sure no one is offended. That is how an adult behaves.
Well? What did she change the name of her show too?

You would know that answer if you clicked the link and read the article.

Stop being so lazy.

If you really want to know, read the article.
You have to be kidding she dropped the word Dixie from her "Dixie Stampede" review.. Since when is Dixie offensive?
Just another word for Southern. Unbelievable
Since she said it was offensive. She didnt ask your thoughts on the matter. She decided it was offensive to people and dropped it.
Just shows she has no backbone. Just another spineless jellyfish

Its never been a dead issue because its built into the current system. Only a ignorant person wouldnt see that especially when its been admitted to by police chiefs. You didnt elect a Black man into office. You specifically didnt even vote for him. Only 39% of whites voted for him. The rest were people of color.
That's utter horseshit. "Institutional racism" is a term meaning "racism that no one can find a shred of proof for."

Police chiefs will say whatever is politically expedient to say. They are nothing more than politicians.

Did you expect everyone to vote for him? I didn't vote for him because he's a fucking commie. I couldn't give a crap about the color of his skin.

Do black lives matter?
Yes or no.
Thats not a point. Thats changing the subject. BLM is talking about the racism inherent in policing the Black community. Has nothing to do with anyone else. Regardless of what your opinion is of the subject trying to change it is only going to cause more issues.
There is no such racism.

It shows that BLM activists are douchebags who don't believe in our Constitution or freedom of speech.
Obviously they believe in freedom of speech. You obviously dont.
Not sure where you get that, a beatdown for thinking differently comes from you.
Bullshit. You getting clowned for saying alm at a blm rally isnt a beatdown. Learn from Dolly. She gets it.
People have left bloody at BLM rallys for saying all lives matter. Embrace that fact.
Rightly so. Dont go to a BLM rally if you want to yell alm. Youre asking for someone to get angry and make you bloody. Focus on the subject not trying to start a fight.

Well? What did she change the name of her show too?

You would know that answer if you clicked the link and read the article.

Stop being so lazy.

If you really want to know, read the article.
You have to be kidding she dropped the word Dixie from her "Dixie Stampede" review.. Since when is Dixie offensive?
Just another word for Southern. Unbelievable
Since she said it was offensive. She didnt ask your thoughts on the matter. She decided it was offensive to people and dropped it.
Just shows she has no backbone. Just another spineless jellyfish
She obviously has backbone. Shes rich and standing up to illiterates that think alm is something good to say at BLM supporters.

It shows that BLM activists are douchebags who don't believe in our Constitution or freedom of speech.
Obviously they believe in freedom of speech. You obviously dont.
Not sure where you get that, a beatdown for thinking differently comes from you.
Bullshit. You getting clowned for saying alm at a blm rally isnt a beatdown. Learn from Dolly. She gets it.
People have left bloody at BLM rallys for saying all lives matter. Embrace that fact.
Rightly so. Dont go to a BLM rally if you want to yell alm. Youre asking for someone to get angry and make you bloody. Focus on the subject not trying to start a fight.
So you are justifying using violence against people you disagree with?

You're a thug.

Forum List

Back