DOJ - Trump Can Be Sued Jan. 6 Riot Injuries.

Trump Can be Sued For January 6 Riot Injuries.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump can be sued by injured Capitol Police officers and Democratic lawmakers over the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the Justice Department said Thursday in a federal court case testing Trump’s legal vulnerability and the limits of executive power.

Although a president enjoys broad legal latitude to communicate to the public on matters of concern, the department wrote that “no part of a President’s official responsibilities includes the incitement of imminent private violence. By definition, such conduct plainly falls outside the President’s constitutional and statutory duties.”

The brief was filed by lawyers of the Justice Department’s Civil Division and has no bearing on a separate criminal investigation by a department special counsel into whether Trump can be criminally charged over efforts to undo President Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election ahead of the Capitol riot. In fact, the lawyers note that they are not taking a position with respect to potential criminal liability for Trump or anyone else.
wheAjzLpuhpQ.png

Problem for the Traitor is this, there is video tape of 01-06-21 speech to his supporters fight like hell. As this video is in the public domain, it cannot be legally suppressed.
Go Peacefully and patriotically
Now we do have video of Democrats calling for violence against trump cabinet members

the department wrote that no part of a President’s official responsibilities includes the incitement of imminent private violence.

They can sue and they will lose. There was no incitement to violence ever by the president, indeed, the case can be made that it was the GOVERNMENT itself which did that! So if they sue, they will lose, it will go nowhere, and just be another leftwing ploy used during an election period trying to smear Trump's public perception again trying to throw an election in their favor because NO DEMOCRAT CAN EVER WIN WITHOUT CHEATING BY BEING HONEST.

Meanwhile this also happened in NYC

Sane NY taxpayers should be outraged!!

Kudos to those who have already fled this cesspool sinkhole.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump can be sued by injured Capitol Police officers and Democratic lawmakers over the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, the Justice Department said Thursday in a federal court case testing Trump’s legal vulnerability and the limits of executive power.

Although a president enjoys broad legal latitude to communicate to the public on matters of concern, the department wrote that “no part of a President’s official responsibilities includes the incitement of imminent private violence. By definition, such conduct plainly falls outside the President’s constitutional and statutory duties.”

The brief was filed by lawyers of the Justice Department’s Civil Division and has no bearing on a separate criminal investigation by a department special counsel into whether Trump can be criminally charged over efforts to undo President Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election ahead of the Capitol riot. In fact, the lawyers note that they are not taking a position with respect to potential criminal liability for Trump or anyone else.
That's sweet, but He has to found to have done it first.

I can sue you, 0311....5 times if I want, doesn't mean I'll win.

Personally I hope that one of these suits go to court and then the real trial, (as compared to the circuses)
and the real culprits can be subpoenaed. Nancy will be losing some sleep if that ever happens. :eusa_whistle:

It's not about winning or losing, it's how you play the game.

And that means getting Trump in a deposition, answering questions under oath, under penalty of perjury.

And doing so, as a private citizen, without a presidential safety net.

It's a fantastic net!

So fantastic, I wish I'd been a Prezydent!!

Then, I could've even be more corrupt than Joetard!!!

Forum List

Back