DOJ Issues Warning To States Ahead Of Redistricting

Why is gerrymandering bad but having 50 hard left organizations with millions of people organized last year to sway millions of votes for Joe Biden OK?
Gerrymandering with the goal to purposely unbalance representation and Electioneering within legal boundaries as established by law are two different things pinhead! One is UNLAWFUL and the other, which you appear to disdain, is.................................... LAWFUL.

You mean like changing the rules by judicial Fiat just before an election to favor one party over the other? Kind of like that?
That's not what I was referring to, no. But that is pretty much the same thing as gerrymandering. What's your point?

I'm glad to know that the DOJ is keeping an eye on this.

Hopefully maybe at least the worst gerrymandering will be prevented.

There will be many states that will draw the district lines to disenfranchise millions of voters.

I wish we has an honest and fair way to draw the district lines but that isn't allowed here where freedom and justice are supposed to be for all but is really only for the few.

DOJ can go fuck itself.

Garland can fuck himself all day long.

This is none of their business.

You are certainly not someone who understands how America works.

I'm glad to know that the DOJ is keeping an eye on this.

Hopefully maybe at least the worst gerrymandering will be prevented.

There will be many states that will draw the district lines to disenfranchise millions of voters.

I wish we has an honest and fair way to draw the district lines but that isn't allowed here where freedom and justice are supposed to be for all but is really only for the few.

Gerrymandering: it only works when democrats are winning

Are you talking about Indy's like myself, shit for brains, who don't march to a "group think drummer" or are you confused beyond the dualities which you confuse with reality and write so foolishly about.
Riiiight....You're an "indy"....

Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.gif

Well, one involves persuasion - campaigning. That's how politics is supposed to work. The other is changing the rules (redrawing boundaries) to favor partisan interests. Clear?

Clear? No. The former involves lying. Millions of people doing and saying anything at all they could by their own design and admission to effect a premeditated, desired outcome. Outcomes are supposed to be decided by the voters, not determined in advance by partisans trying to influence or change millions of votes to suit their party.

That is NOT what politics is all about. and if it is, that is your problem and why we need total election reform. When I was a kid, they used to line up at the polling station and hand out cards and flyers for their candidates as people went in and even that isn't allowed anymore.

GETTING OUT THE VOTE should mean helping people get registered or helping them vote, maybe help getting them to and from the polls, NOT giving the people the lowdown on who you WANT them to vote for or vote against and pressuring them to vote your way. That is no different than what you accused Russia of doing in 2016!

Polls done since the 2020 election have universally all revealed that many people voting for Biden would NOT have voted for him had they known what they know now that was withheld from them by the media, while untold countless lies were spread about Trump. THAT IS NOT WHAT POLITICS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT.

Ideally, there should be an independent third source available to voters which tabulates a history of ALL the issues positive and negative about a candidate, their history, promises, record--- all things a part of the public record, not outlandish lies like Trump is a dictator trying to overthrow democracy!

Redrawing voting districts is admittedly also not the most honest of practices, IF it can be proven that the only reason for doing it is to favor your own party! But if the redistricting favors your party, why is it only being done now and not several years ago? Lastly, however they redraw my district, it doesn't affect my ability TO vote. Everyone can still vote, every vote still counts, only that it will be counted among a slightly different group of people. And in every state no matter what your district is, votes count strictly as a popular vote, so unless they move your district across state lines, no redistricting will affect the outcome of a national election. But it could affect a local election.

If someone was redrawing districts which you thought would favor the DNC, you would not have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Gerrymandering with the goal to purposely unbalance representation and Electioneering within legal boundaries as established by law are two different things pinhead! One is UNLAWFUL and the other, which you appear to disdain, is.................................... LAWFUL.

Hey PINHEAD: A lot of things lawful and unlawful today were once unlawful and lawful! It used to be lawful to keep slaves! Electioneering is just as bad as gerrymandering, maybe worse. BOTH are designed to change the outcome of an election. The one is only lawful because our basic system is corrupt. And the ONLY reason you are against the other is because right now, the GOP can use it more than the Dems to effectively swing things a little THEIR way. You'd have no issue if the shoe were on the other foot. Try reading post 35 here:

Hey PINHEAD: A lot of things lawful and unlawful today were once unlawful and lawful! It used to be lawful to keep slaves! Electioneering is just as bad as gerrymandering, maybe worse. BOTH are designed to change the outcome of an election. The one is only lawful because our basic system is corrupt. And the ONLY reason you are against the other is because right now, the GOP can use it more than the Dems to effectively swing things a little THEIR way. You'd have no issue if the shoe were on the other foot. Try reading post 35 here:

Electioneering is just as bad as gerrymandering, maybe worse.
You just displayed the degree of your ignorance on the difference between the two, fool! Educate your dumb ass!

Forum List

Back