Does your pet like water?

I've got two lab/mastiff mix that hate water. What is up with that?
I think you have the only ones who don't like water. I have never heard of a lab or mastiff that didn't like water. Maybe something happened when they were put together and they cancelled each other out.

Agreed. We've had them since they were pups and they have never liked water. I do have a misting system outside that they like to sit under in the summer, but they will not go in or near a body of water.

We have 2 dogs, a 10 years old Springer Spaniel called Gibson, and a 7 month old Basset Hound called Lou (both are named after Detroit Tigers).

We recently took them for a day out on the sand dunes by Lake Michigan....

He's a basset hound? what's the difference in a basset and a beagle? now you have me wondering if I have a beagle or a basset:eek:

ROFL!

One easy way to tell. Grab your dog by the ears and pull them forward along the nose. If the ears can be touched together in front of the tip of the dog's nose it's a Basset, if they don't reach it's a Beagle.

Ratt (cat) will only drink bottled water, and toilet water.. That count for anything? :eusa_eh:

We have 2 dogs, a 10 years old Springer Spaniel called Gibson, and a 7 month old Basset Hound called Lou (both are named after Detroit Tigers).

He's a basset hound? what's the difference in a basset and a beagle? now you have me wondering if I have a beagle or a basset:eek:

Bassets are shorter legged and longer eared. Their legs often bow. Beagles legs are longer (not that they're tall dogs) and their ears are shorter. Their barks are different too. Beagles 'bay' more and bassets are more 'hound' sounding. Cripes, did that make sense?

That's a much better description than mine!

Their snoots are different too! :D

Beagle:

beagle.jpg

Basset:

basset_hound.jpg

Last edited:
Ratt (cat) will only drink bottled water, and toilet water.. That count for anything? :eusa_eh:

Lou drinks out of the john too. Maybe my basset is a cat. Don't know about bottled water, though he does chew the bottles themselves.

Lou drinks out of the john too. Maybe my basset is a cat. Don't know about bottled water, though he does chew the bottles themselves.

I think they just like the crunch the plastic makes... Makes them think they're over-powering something..

She wouldn't dare stick her face in tap water.. But the toilet is ok... *shrug* I have no idea, but she's too damned old for me to bother trying to figure it out now. Was that way as a baby, too.

I saw a basset hound pit bull once at the pound, funniest looking dog you will ever seen in your life. It had the stocky body of a pit and the head of a put but the legs and longer body and short legs of a basset hound and the wierdest bark. It was deap like a pit but song like a basset hound and it was brindle colored.

I saw a basset hound pit bull once at the pound, funniest looking dog you will ever seen in your life. It had the stocky body of a pit and the head of a put but the legs and longer body and short legs of a basset hound and the wierdest bark. It was deap like a pit but song like a basset hound and it was brindle colored.

Something like this?

bunnies%20and%20abe%201-27-08%20002.jpg

Bassets are shorter legged and longer eared. Their legs often bow. Beagles legs are longer (not that they're tall dogs) and their ears are shorter. Their barks are different too. Beagles 'bay' more and bassets are more 'hound' sounding. Cripes, did that make sense?

yes, that made sense,, then I think I have a beagle, she does bay, she's almost as tall as the jack russell and she has short but not stubby legs,, she can run like hell when she takes a notion,, and that's key,, she has to "take a notion" when there is somewhere she is not inclined to go you must pick her up and carry her.. I think she needs obedience school.

ROFL!

One easy way to tell. Grab your dog by the ears and pull them forward along the nose. If the ears can be touched together in front of the tip of the dog's nose it's a Basset, if they don't reach it's a Beagle.

tried it, ears come just about a 1/2 inch from the tip of her nose, she must be a beagle but I swear they look alike.

Last edited:

ROFL!

tried it, ears come just about a 1/2 inch from the tip of her nose, she must be a beagle but I swear they look alike.

That's definitely a beagle.. Looks like my childhood dog, Snoopy. :D

ROFL!

That's my Mom's dog! What does its bark sound like? (Ah, you already said 'bays'.)

Last edited:

Something like this?

bunnies%20and%20abe%201-27-08%20002.jpg
no it was shorter, just imagine a basset brindle colored with a pit bull head.

my dog hates the water.

she is a pain in the butt if its raining or bathtime.

Mine doesn't seem to mind baths too much, although she's always glad when she's done cause it means WALKIE!

However, she's a pita when it's raining. She has been known to hold it in for 12 hours if it's a steady rain, can't just put her on the leash outback. Yet, if we put the leash on her and took her out . . . oh, then it's fine to get wet!

If i tell her to go out and its raining shell stop at the door and then give me that puppy look. If i make her go out she stands on the porch and shivers. Bitch :lol:

Forum List

Back