mir·a·cle
/ˈmirək(ə)l/
noun
  1. a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.
Right. Like creating existence out of nothing.

mir·a·cle
/ˈmirək(ə)l/
noun
  1. a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency.
it could not have been welcoming or surprising --so no miracle

define miracle
Each person can decide for themselves. I define miracle as when all of the matter and energy in the universe occupies the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom.

So there's only one thing that constitutes a miracle to you? That's an odd definition. ;)
Give me a break. I'm not here to play games or to quibble. Define miracle any way you want. I am sorry if you missed the humor in my response.

define miracle
Each person can decide for themselves. I define miracle as when all of the matter and energy in the universe occupies the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom.

So there's only one thing that constitutes a miracle to you? That's an odd definition. ;)
Give me a break. I'm not here to play games or to quibble. Define miracle any way you want. I am sorry if you missed the humor in my response.

I responded to humor with humor. :D

Put me down for a 'no' as far as a miracle, as I don't think any sort of divine or supernatural power is required for the existence of the universe. It could be a miracle, but doesn't have to be.

...that's why there is no such thing as a miracle--''they'' can be explained by natural/scientific laws
..and I've been over the ''healing''' miracles --there are no such things
..doctors are human and make mistakes/etc

It is running the models backwards which tells us all of the matter and energy in the universe once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom. Do you agree or disagree?

Sure, I'd agree with that. But that doesnlt mean it's only expanding in one direction until it heats up and dies.

This space could very well be the zero point between a mirror image of the universe itself. Right? It's possible. One might logically content probable. We get into string theory here.

that's why there is no such thing as a miracle-

Dude, this IS a miracle>

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F815484%2F869e9fb0-b8f1-45ce-a64e-c1e842db004b.jpg

define miracle

I responded to humor with humor. :D

Put me down for a 'no' as far as a miracle, as I don't think any sort of divine or supernatural power is required for the existence of the universe. It could be a miracle, but doesn't have to be.
You mean you don't believe it is a miracle for existence to pop out of nothing?

I don't think any sort of divine or supernatural power is required for the existence of the universe. It could be a miracle, but doesn't have to be.

Supranatural would be the more accurate term as it relates to the specific point Ding's talking about. But, it's understandable he'd want to use the term supernatural. Supernatural lends credibility to that which is not resolved, and it's convenient if one isn't really interested in resolution as much as sacred truths.

It is running the models backwards which tells us all of the matter and energy in the universe once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom. Do you agree or disagree?

Sure, I'd agree with that. But that doesnlt mean it's only expanding in one direction until it heats up and dies.

This space could very well be the zero point between a mirror image of the universe itself. Right? It's possible. One might logically content probable. We get into string theory here.
Einstien.....string theory.....you're talkin' a higher order Citizen.......~S~

Doesn't matter what it does. It only matters how it began. And in that regard we know that all of the matter in the universe existed in the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom and then began to expand and cool. This is not in dispute by anyone. The dispute is how did it get that way. And in that regard there is still only one good answer. It popped into existence out of nothing.

Einstien.....string theory.....you're talkin' a higher order Citizen.......~S~
Actually, I am the one talking about inflation. I believe he is arguing against it.

Does the creation of space and time qualify as a miracle?

Approximately 14 billion years ago all of the matter and energy in the universe popped into existence out of nothing and occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool.
Define “a miracle”...

the creation of space and time/it's theories/etc are just that--theories/etc
so thinking it's a miracle is just a theory/etc also--not a fact

Does the creation of space and time qualify as a miracle?

Approximately 14 billion years ago all of the matter and energy in the universe popped into existence out of nothing and occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool.
Define “a miracle”...
already posted that

Forum List

Back