Zone1 Does My Opinion Make Me a Transphobe, or Simply Sane.

It's only comparable if you are talking about people poking their own eyes out to be blind, because they think they should be blind.
Funny you should make that comment because in a post above I said that no one is suggesting that. The equivalent is you disbelieving someone was actually born blind because blind people are a tiny segment of the population.

Funny you should make that comment because in a post above I said that no one is suggesting that. The equivalent is you disbelieving someone was actually born blind because blind people are a tiny segment of the population.

Not even close. This is people for either mental health reasons of simply a fetish thinking they should be treated as the opposite sex in all respects, or even thinking they can become the opposite sex.

Not even close. This is people for either mental health reasons of simply a fetish thinking they should be treated as the opposite sex in all respects, or even thinking they can become the opposite sex.
Do you have anything to back this claim up other than your instance?

I have my own observations of the current fucked up state of our country with regards to this.
Which means what you think in the face of contrary opinions from professionals within the scientific and medical community? Do you treat trans patients? Are their diagnosis and care something you have the power or authority to affect?

Which means what you think in the face of contrary opinions from professionals within the scientific and medical community? Do you treat trans patients? Are their diagnosis and care something you have the power or authority to affect?

This isn't real medicine, this is a social trend that slaps itself around with dressing of "science" and "medicine" without actually having any real data or information, because it's almost impossible to quantify one's mental state in relation to things as off the wall as thinking you are a different sex than you actually are. It's rationalizing mutilating people, including children, in the hope to satisfy either their mental defect making them think they are the wrong sex, or giving in to people simply with a fetish trying to make themselves a protected class.

This isn't real medicine, this is a social trend that slaps itself around with dressing of "science" and "medicine" without actually having any real data or information, because it's almost impossible to quantify one's mental state in relation to things as off the wall as thinking you are a different sex than you actually are.
More claims without evidence doesn't make your arguments seem more convincing.
It's rationalizing mutilating people, including children, in the hope to satisfy either their mental defect making them think they are the wrong sex, or giving in to people simply with a fetish trying to make themselves a protected class.
This more closely describes religion to me, rather than science. It's religion that has historically mutilated genitalia based on specious claims. Science produces objective results regardless if some pretend otherwise.

More claims without evidence doesn't make your arguments seem more convincing.

This more closely describes religion to me, rather than science. It's religion that has historically mutilated genitalia based on specious claims. Science produces objective results regardless if some pretend otherwise.

The evidence is in front of us every time a story about this stuff pops up.

Yes, many progressive pursuits seem very much like religion, replacing god with the notion of ones own self being supreme and everyone else has to bow down to whatever malarkey said person thinks is real.

The term man in that instance is a social construct. Do you not know what that means? Do you need me to explain it to you for a fourth or fifth time?
Yes, it means that you cannot give a definite definition.

All words are "social constructs"; however, if I start calling my hands feet because that how I identify them....well I'm just wrong...especially if they look and function like normal hands.

Last edited:
The evidence is in front of us every time a story about this stuff pops up.
I get that you describe that as "evidence" but does any respectable medical institution agree with you? If not I don't see how your opinion is worth much in regard to determine trans care.
Yes, many progressive pursuits seem very much like religion, replacing god with the notion of ones own self being supreme and everyone else has to bow down to whatever malarkey said person thinks is real.
No one is forcing you to believe anything, I'm asking you about what professionals think is real.

I get that you describe that as "evidence" but does any respectable medical institution agree with you? If not I don't see how your opinion is worth much in regard to determine trans care.

No one is forcing you to believe anything, I'm asking you about what professionals think is real.

Any "respectable" medical institution isn't pumping kids full of drugs as a first choice in treatment.

Dr. Mengele was a "professional", wasn't he? That word doesn't give weight to a person's righteousness when it comes to social issues like this.

Yes, it means that you cannot give a definite definition.
Because social constructs don't have one. I have yet to see you attempt to give a definition.
All words are "social constructs"; however, if I start calling my hands feet because that how I identify them....well I'm just wrong...especially if they look and function like normal hands.
Well we can change the words we call anything. You're free to call your hands feet and vice versa. In fact I'm sure you can think of other body parts that have taken on other names that are easily recognizable. Think Johnson, Peter, Dick, or Wang. Claiming a baby can come out of the tip of an appendage designed to vacate urine and deliver sperm however is objectively false.

Any "respectable" medical institution isn't pumping kids full of drugs as a first choice in treatment.

Dr. Mengele was a "professional", wasn't he? That word doesn't give weight to a person's righteousness when it comes to social issues like this.
Righteousness isn't an objective measurement.

Righteousness isn't an objective measurement.

It's one of the cruxes of the argument when you run to an appeal to authority.

"Professionals" can be wrong, and they can be lying hacks. Just saying they are an authority and assuming they are right because of it is the height of hubris, stupidity, or both.

It's one of the cruxes of the argument when you run to an appeal to authority.
I didn't simply appeal to authority I provided a link to a study that produced objective results.
"Professionals" can be wrong, and they can be lying hacks. Just saying they are an authority and assuming they are right because of it is the height of hubris, stupidity, or both.
They certainly can be but I'm going to need more they your instance, without evidence, that that is so.

I didn't simply appeal to authority I provided a link to a study that produced objective results.

They certainly can be but I'm going to need more they your instance, without evidence, that that is so.

Social studies are social studies, this isn't a medical study in terms of procedure and actual medicine.

Again, the evidence is all around us.

Social studies are social studies, this isn't a medical study in terms of procedure and actual medicine.

Again, the evidence is all around us.
What are you referring to? Here is the page talking in general about the findings with links to the study included.

Research on the Transgender Brain: What You Should Know

Now do you have a reasoned, objective disagreement with the findings or are you going to refer again to ethereal evidence all around us? 😄

Well we can change the words we call anything.
Yes, but if a very small group of individuals try to force their made up meanings of common words on the rest of society it will only serve to cause confusion.

What are you referring to? Here is the page talking in general about the findings with links to the study included.

Research on the Transgender Brain: What You Should Know

Now do you have a reasoned, objective disagreement with the findings or are you going to refer again to ethereal evidence all around us? 😄

I stopped after this statement:

In the birthing process, a medical professional will declare your baby a boy or a girl based on their sexual organs — but does this determine their gender?

Yes, yes it does.

Forum List

Back