Does everyone besides me have amnesia?

The left operates under the assumption that if they tell a lie enough times some will begin to believe it.

I think most people repeat things they believe to be true, until someone corrects them.

That's why I believe these forums are so important.
We have a chance to correct biases in the media so we can put all our best sources together.

If the people don't get it straight, how can we instruct our govt what to do to represent us?

The left operates under the assumption that if they tell a lie enough times some will begin to believe it.

I think most people repeat things they believe to be true, until someone corrects them.

That's why I believe these forums are so important.
We have a chance to correct biases in the media so we can put all our best sources together.

If the people don't get it straight, how can we instruct our govt what to do to represent us?

Except they have been corrected so many times it is stupid. On this board I have corrected them at least a dozen times. in as many threads. Others have corrected them more in even more threads, And the same people make the same claim a couple days later in another thread.

The OP was to point out the disastrous results of the Obama Foreign Policy, or lack thereof.
It started out, "If we be nice to them, they'll be nice to us". Then there was the apology tour, and now half the World is on fire, China is making military moves in the Pacific, Iran and Russia is playing us for fools, and Obama doesn't have a firm policy on anything except grabbing power and destroying the Constitution.

The OP was to point out the disastrous results of the Obama Foreign Policy, or lack thereof.
It started out, "If we be nice to them, they'll be nice to us". Then there was the apology tour, and now half the World is on fire, China is making military moves in the Pacific, Iran and Russia is playing us for fools, and Obama doesn't have a firm policy on anything except grabbing power and destroying the Constitution.

Everything Obama touches turns to shit. He's King Midas in reverse.

Well, he's a screw up, but we aren't taking tens of thousands of casualties in Iraq (or Iran in McCain's case)

I'm gonna have 3 ounces of bourbon and three beers and watch the mens hockey from yesterday and try and forget about womens hockey and Ashley wagner.

George Bush was strengthening ties with the former Soviet Union break-away States, even to the point of including them under the Anti-Missile Defense System. Obama cancelled that initiative to "reset' relations with Russia. Now we see the results, Russia reclaiming the 'break-away' States. Obama's foreign policy has been a dismal failure and has damaged U.S. Foreign relations dangerously and beyond repair. The Obama Regime is our biggest foreign threat.
Obama intervened to help the murderous, anti American, Muslim Brotherhood take power in Libya, Egypt, and Syria, but is silent when Pro-Americans are cut down in the streets while demonstrating for basic freedoms in Ukraine and Venezuela.

I notice he intervenes in muslim countries to support the anti-Israel, anti U.S.A. murderers.

Bush's policy on the Anti-Missle Defense System drove the Russians away. (He didn't include them, he included former satellites like Georgia and even promoted the idea of Georgia joining NATO.) The Russians were not amused and U.S. - Russia relations were in the toilet. They wouldn't even let us use Russian airspace to supply our troops in Afghanistan. Obama managed to re-set the relations enough to get the Russians to allow us to use their airspace for operations in Afghanistan.

But Obama managed to piss away the goodwill that was building.

Amnesia isn't the problem. Selective memory seems to be your problem. Or are you just really unaware of what has been happening?

I think you left out two things. Putin has a political need to pretend to still be a superpowner and tweak the tiger's tail, and Obama's domestic spying program and Snowden were absolute disasters, both for poltical image and actual intelligence gathering.

ya kerry and baby doc obama love these malcontents of the world but kerry thinks I'm a terrorist for not supporting global warming

btw the kerry, that divorce in the heinz family may cost hundreds of jobs at heinz in Pocatello, idaho

Like he cares about anyone but himself and his fortune. Idaho, he just considers them rednecks and hopes they die young.

Well, he's a screw up, but we aren't taking tens of thousands of casualties in Iraq (or Iran in McCain's case)

I'm gonna have 3 ounces of bourbon and three beers and watch the mens hockey from yesterday and try and forget about womens hockey and Ashley wagner.

There were more casualties in Afghanistan under Obama than under Bush.
And under Bush we actually achieved our objectives.

George Bush was strengthening ties with the former Soviet Union break-away States, even to the point of including them under the Anti-Missile Defense System. Obama cancelled that initiative to "reset' relations with Russia. Now we see the results, Russia reclaiming the 'break-away' States. Obama's foreign policy has been a dismal failure and has damaged U.S. Foreign relations dangerously and beyond repair. The Obama Regime is our biggest foreign threat.
Obama intervened to help the murderous, anti American, Muslim Brotherhood take power in Libya, Egypt, and Syria, but is silent when Pro-Americans are cut down in the streets while demonstrating for basic freedoms in Ukraine and Venezuela.

I notice he intervenes in muslim countries to support the anti-Israel, anti U.S.A. murderers.

In 1995 the Ukraine proposed to be admitted to NATO, even though inclusion was opposed by 45% of the Ukranian people. Only 12% supported NATO membership.

During a NATO conference in Hungarian parliament on 20 November 2008 Deputy Assistant Secretary-General Aurelia Bouchez said: "We should not make a choice between NATO enlargement and Russia as we need both"[74] and NATO's Secretary General, Jaap de Hoop Scheffer told a conference in Spain twelve days later: "The emergence of independent states within the former Soviet space is a reality. The ability of these states to determine their own future is a litmus test for the new Europe. Do we have to choose between good relations with Russia and further enlargement? My answer is no - we will not choose, will not sacrifice one for the other. It would bring new dividing lines."

What happened to make the Ukranians suddenly so pro EU? Nothing. It's like Egypt, Libya and Syria, being influenced by foreigners. In this case probably Americans. We've become that underhanded and sleazy.

Once again the liberal left makes mountains out of mole hills and keep repeating it and repeating it.

Here is what he commander had to say about the sign:

The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew."[7]

Mission Accomplished speech - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering that after the war there were more casualties then during the war proves that the war was not one of slaughter but carefully planned reducing casualties. Most of the casualties after the war were caused by militant insurgents.

I don't know if this helps but I remember Obama admitting failure in Afghanistan and that the war was unwinnable. I'll bet a lot don't know our men are still fighting and dying in Afghanistan. With the MSM we have how would they know?

How Obama Gets Us to Forget His Failure in Afghanistan - Mona Charen - Page full

President Obama doesn't want us to notice, but he prosecuted his own war in Afghanistan. It was a "war of choice." He surged 33,000 troops to the country to risk and sometimes lose their lives between 2009 and 2010, and then he looked the other way. Against common sense (and the advice of his generals), he accompanied his announcement of the surge with a date for its conclusion. It was an engraved invitation for the Taliban to wait us out and for our allies on the ground to make the best deal possible with the enemy. It was also an invitation for Americans to lose their lives in vain.

Where then was his conscience when he sent thousands of young Americans to fight and die for something he believed unwinnable? More than 1,500 Americans have died in Afghanistan since Obama became president (more than 3 times the number killed in Bush's eight years). For what cause did they die? What did Obama achieve? And why does no one care about the outcome of Obama's war?

Don't be silly.

Obama brought ALL the Americans home in January, 2009. The very same day he released all those illegally held prisoners at Guantanamo - exactly as he promised in all those campaign speeches!

Didn't he?

Forum List

Back