Does arguing online achieve anything?

arguing seldom achieves anything,, thats why you debate and discuss things,,

Yes, my views on gun ownership changed because of what I read on here. I used to be pretty anti gun, but after reading a whole bunch of threads, and following up with my own research, I have changed my mind on pretty much every aspect of guns. I still don't know about people owning machineguns. I am still thinking about that, but in all other respects i have completely changed my ideas.

I mostly come online to see what people feel about the issues. Or to see if they are talking about something I have read elsewhere.

I will argue or discuss things in small doses depending on my mood. But changing minds is not on my list of objectives.

Last edited:
Yes, my views on gun ownership changed because of what I read on here. I used to be pretty anti gun, but after reading a whole bunch of threads, and following up with my own research, I have changed my mind on pretty much every aspect of guns. I still don't know about people owning machineguns. I am still thinking about that, but in all other respects i have completely changed my ideas.
at the end of the day a machine gun is no different in the hands of an honest person than a single shot is in the hands of a bad person,,

NO! Guns enable over 10,000 murders and 20,000 suicides in USA per year.

Human Life is Precious.

Mostly nothing. Most people including me have very small audience. Most of us have influenced few people.

But a Social Media addict, like an alcoholic can not break his/her habit.
Oh I feel a lot better when I anger people by insulting them with adjectives that have no bearing on the conversation...
I so truly enjoy belittling others in order to feel better about my illogical conclusions based on things that politicians have lied about to people.

Mostly nothing. Most people including me have very small audience. Most of us have influenced few people.

But a Social Media addict, like an alcoholic can not break his/her habit.

Well, if you use those arguments to go seek additional facts, it achieves you being better informed. If not, probably not. I have put most of the pointless time suck trolly arguers on ignore.

Well, if you use those arguments to go seek additional facts, it achieves you being better informed. If not, probably not. I have put most of the pointless time suck trolly arguers on ignore.
I agree. The majority of pointless trolls and socks I have on ignore too. Saves time weeding through the obvious propaganda. I leave a few off just to see what talking points they come up with…but since they all spout the same bs …off to ignore most of them go. :)

62173316.jpg

Forum List

Back