What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anybody else occasionally deal with insomnia?

NoNukes

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours laying down with the words to Piano Man repeating in my head. I'm beginning to hate Billy Joel. A couple of beers or a shot of rum used to solve that problem, but that doesn't seem to have much effect either.
Cannabis helps also.

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have found that one of the perversities of life is that you don't need as much sleep when you are "older" as you do when you are a healthy working adult. So in my case I had to count on it. I stay up a little later and get up earlier than I think I "should," because it is pointless to stay in bed when you are not really sleepy.

Work hard, stay active, never take a nap.

And take two Advil-PM before you go to bed. I ALWAYS read a book in bed (now, a Kindle), and continue reading until the words don't make sense any more.

That's what works for me.

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Reaction score
yes, I do.

So what do you do. I generally just whine and complain, but that doesn't work as well as you might hope.
Beer and wine don't work just dehydrate you for the next day. Typically two reason for it racing mind or pain. Sometimes stress over unsolved problem. Pain night time Tylenol. Then read something boring. Mind racing meditation. I use the breathing method count time between breaths and measure depth of breath. Only thing I allow on my mind. When I did computer programming I would get it bad the only way to go to sleep was to solve the issue I was working on. I no longer do that for a living. It was going to kill me. I would go some times 3 or 4 days no sleep.

AMart

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Get a part time job where you work into the night. When you get home you will sleep easy.

Shelzin

Equal Opportunity Asshole
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours laying down with the words to Piano Man repeating in my head. I'm beginning to hate Billy Joel. A couple of beers or a shot of rum used to solve that problem, but that doesn't seem to have much effect either.
Read a book when in bed... It's the only thing outside of what you are talking about that will shut my brain up enough to sleep.

katsteve2012

Platinum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, I do.

So what do you do. I generally just whine and complain, but that doesn't work as well as you might hope.

I joined 24 hour fitness and if I could not sleep(which was regularly), I would go there and work out until I was exhausted, and would then go home and have a cup of herbal tea, which helped.

Of course when the pandemic happened and gyms shut down, I was back to square one. Now I average about 2 hours of sleep a day. Usually in the afternoon.

DudleySmith

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all surprised you have trouble sleeping. A lot of sociopaths and deviants do. It's your chronic mental instability keeping you awake. Try to turn your life around and do productive stuff, do volunteer work, even though that's extremely unpleasant for commies and deviants, you can get used to it over time. You will have to change your group of 'friends', if any, as well.
Thank you for your kind suggestions. As always, I will give your thoughts all the consideration they deserve.

Well, I was going to recommend getting laid once in a while, but then I realized that can never happen in your case, at least not with a consenting adult; I'm respectful of other people's emotional and social capabilities.

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My answer??? Spend less time online and more time doing physical labor type activities, preferrably outside. Mow the yard, gardening, building project, lift weights, whatever gets you moving..

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They call it "ruminations"...Yes, I have had it since I was a kid and I used to deal with it by working twenty hours a day but now that I am old weed takes care of it.

Last edited:

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score
Occasionally?
Or regularly. You have any thoughts on the problem?
try smoking a bowl of pot.....nice and relaxing.....
You dope head!
you said you would keep that to yourself.....by the way, got any?......
Oh hell yeah, I live in a state that let's you buy it.
so do i brother.....and tomorrow the local dispensary will be having a few nice promotions....

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Occasionally?
You dope head!
so do i brother.....and tomorrow the local dispensary will be having a few nice promotions....
I am addicted to Moonrocks now.

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score
Occasionally?
You dope head!
I am addicted to Moonrocks now.
moonrocks?....

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I deal with it frequently. I think it's hereditary. My mother gets it all the time; my sister deals with it.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List