Dodge will discontinue its Challenger and Charger muscle cars next year

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
DETROIT — Dodge will discontinue its gas-powered Challenger and Charger muscle cars at the end of next year, marking the end of an era for the brand as it starts to transition to electric vehicles.

Since being resurrected in the mid- to late 2000s, the Charger and Challenger — names made popular in the 1960s and 1970s — have been stalwarts for Dodge and popular vehicles for a new generation of gearheads.

The two-door Challenger particularly struck a cord of nostalgia with buyers thanks to its retro-inspired styling, while the four-door Charger has managed to achieve notable sales milestones despite consumers flocking from sedans to SUVs in recent years

Oh great move

whjwjwjsjsjsjsjsjjsnan.jpeg

Unplug your ac's to prevent grid overload & help the environment .....now plug in your electric cars at the same time every night .....help the environment BIGOTS!

I would rather drive a Dodge Charger than drive around in one of those mining machines

I believe this will be the end of a production V8 sedan by any manufacturer.

Once people realize how much better electric vehicles are, there will be no turning back. The usual suspects will go kicking and screaming, but ultimately, there will still be plenty of nice, gas vehicles for those who want to drive them.

And don't believe that bullshit about Thacker Pass (which is part of Lithium Americas in Nevada) as this is still under production (it is not producing lithium yet) and plans on recycling and reusing both the water and the acid necessary to use.

Once people realize how much better electric vehicles are, there will be no turning back. The usual suspects will go kicking and screaming, but ultimately, there will still be plenty of nice, gas vehicles for those who want to drive them.

And don't believe that bullshit about Thacker Pass (which is part of Lithium Americas in Nevada) as this is still under production (it is not producing lithium yet) and plans on recycling and reusing both the water and the acid necessary to use.
Sulfuric acid is really good for the environment anyway

Theyre not updating the grid ...you won't own an electric car ...youre being played like a fiddle

Theyre not updating the grid ...you won't own an electric car ...youre being played like a fiddle
The vast majority of charging is done overnight, when demand for electricity is the lowest. I hope to own an EV, I'm waiting on Fisker to release their models for sale.

Once people realize how much better electric vehicles are, there will be no turning back.

EVs are ok for commuting to work and around town. They are just not feasible for travelling yet and the cost is far too much. While all these things may eventually get better, right now they are nothing but a novelty item

They are also walking away from the "hemi" V-8, in favor of turbocharged, in-line 6's for their performance ICE models of the future.

Both the Charger and the Challenger are antiques by this time, having long outlived their shelf-lives.

EVs are ok for commuting to work and around town. They are just not feasible for travelling yet and the cost is far too much. While all these things may eventually get better, right now they are nothing but a novelty item
Of course things will get better. I don't see any Model T's on the roads these days, and I don't see people turning a hand crank to start their engine, either. The drawbacks to EV's at the moment are many: nascent technology that has not translated to reliable production outputs (think Rivian) as well as high start up costs, passed on to the consumer. This tech is in its infancy. It will continue to get better. And, of course, much cheaper, too.

People laughed at Elon Musk and Tesla. As far as I'm concerned, no American made car looks as good as a Tesla. Their styling is amazing.

A lot of police forces in this country use the Charger. I wonder what they'll be moving to?

Our local Sheriff's department uses Ford Explorers...

Forum List

Back