Do your part - Buy a Glock

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Glock Family Goes Down, Guns Blazing
King Lear, strippers, and show horses: Inside the $500 million lawsuit that could bring down Gaston Glock’s gun empire.
Guns, money, sex, and betrayal: Rarely do the news gods smile down on us with such charity. But Helga Glock, ex-wife to Gaston Glock Sr., the gun industry’s most successful and secretive tycoon, has given us all that and then some with a new lawsuit filed in an Atlanta federal court earlier this week.

In the complaint—filed in Georgia, where the Austrian company’s U.S. headquarters is based and most of its business conducted—Mrs. Glock’s attorney accuses the 85-year-old gun manufacturer of a racketeering scheme that spanned decades and the globe, all in an elaborate plan to steal the business that Mrs. Glock and the rest of their family had helped to build from a mom-and-pop machine shop into a company with $400 million in sales each year. An enterprise so successful—it supplies U.S. police with two-thirds of their firearms and dominates the civilian market—that Mr. Glock’s criminal dealings have cheated her out of around $500 million, the suit claims, making the case one of the largest civil suits ever under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act.

This isn’t the first time the Glocks’ legal dramas have played out in the media.

1412996294689.cached.jpg

Helga Glock and her adult children are gathered in a private lounge of the elegant Hotel Palais Hansen Kempinski on a stately boulevard in central Vienna. Dressed in a tasteful gray suit and pearls, Helga, 78, has bright copper-red hair. She sits on an easy chair that’s upholstered in white leather. Her daughter, Brigitte, and two sons, Gaston Jr. and Robert, perch knee-to-knee on an adjacent couch. China cappuccino cups clutter the coffee table between us. Speaking in German via a translator, and with a lawyer listening from a seat a few feet away, they’re discussing how their lives changed in 2011. That’s when Gaston Glock Sr. cut all ties with Helga and his sons and daughter.

The four have an agenda. Helga is locked in bitter litigation against her ex-husband. She accuses him of hiding hundreds of millions of dollars of the family’s money outside Austria and cheating her out of a substantial ownership share in Glock GmbH, the company they built together. At stake, apart from an awful lot of money, is the future of one of the best-known brands in the world.

feat_glock39__01__970-630x420.jpg

Note that, in hopes of cutting down on the whining, I've included two sources.

1) Hopefully, Mr. Glock will find a way to protect his company and his cash from any and all gold-diggers.
2) I'm sure Mr. Glock has cash stored in banks all round the globe and will be able to rebound with little effort.
3) I guess I'll have to buy another Glock (already have a second generation pistol from the late 80s) and help the company's profits a little more.
4) Even if Glock's company DID crumble as a result of a disgruntled old malcontent of an ex-wife there are enough companies making very similar guns that life would go on in the gun world. Business as usual.

In own two Glocks...will be adding more to my collection of fine firearms in the future. The family quarrels mean nothing to me.

Helga and the kids are just pissed off that Gaston is getting hummers from a real hottie!

Way to go, Gaston!:thup:

Last edited:
Never have bought a Glock. I was, however, gifted one a couple years ago by my evil red-headed stepson. It was soon after he got home from his second deployment to Afghanistan, for which he was awarded the Bronze Star.

Never have bought a Glock. I was, however, gifted one a couple years ago by my evil red-headed stepson. It was soon after he got home from his second deployment to Afghanistan, for which he was awarded the Bronze Star.

It was soon....what?

Among the very best stock weapons. So reliable they can fire underwater (effective range just 3 feet or so but it's the thought that counts. This feature is why they're standard issue for Naval aircrews who may find themselves ditching in water.) And as idiot proof as a revolver.

Useful feature of Glocks that make them preferred for law enforcement and security is the weapon can't fire if the magazine's ejected. Good for the ol' "Give me your weapon or I shoot the hostage." Can get trained in slyly ejecting the mag before handing it over.

It took 8 or 9 shots to by the cop in Ferguson. Mo. to bring down the "Gentile Giant" using a 9mm.

Whereas, 1.....maybe 2 shots with a .45 would have ended the thug's career. ..... :cool:

Useful feature of Glocks that make them preferred for law enforcement and security is the weapon can't fire if the magazine's ejected. Good for the ol' "Give me your weapon or I shoot the hostage." Can get trained in slyly ejecting the mag before handing it over.
If they are like the Smith & Wesson M&P40, it's only the police models that have that feature.

1) Hopefully, Mr. Glock will find a way to protect his company and his cash from any and all gold-diggers.
2) I'm sure Mr. Glock has cash stored in banks all round the globe and will be able to rebound with little effort.
3) I guess I'll have to buy another Glock (already have a second generation pistol from the late 80s) and help the company's profits a little more.
4) Even if Glock's company DID crumble as a result of a disgruntled old malcontent of an ex-wife there are enough companies making very similar guns that life would go on in the gun world. Business as usual.

Not only that but the soon to be ex Ms. Glock will also protect the golden goose.

If they are like the Smith & Wesson M&P40, it's only the police models that have that feature.

Afaik it's standard design. This is 20 years ago though. Been off the job ever since so I can't say with any absolutely certainty how they're made now.

Forum List

Back