Do your part - Buy a Glock

It took 8 or 9 shots to by the cop in Ferguson. Mo. to bring down the "Gentile Giant" using a 9mm.

Whereas, 1.....maybe 2 shots with a .45 would have ended the thug's career. ..... :cool:
It depends on where you hit the giant. David hit Goliath right between the eyes with a stone....so they say.

A BB through the eye might do the trick also.

Last edited:
The worst that can happen us the company goes down and some other company fills the gap. I don't own a Glock, I don't really need one. It's laughable that Luddley thinks this has any meaning at all.

Useful feature of Glocks that make them preferred for law enforcement and security is the weapon can't fire if the magazine's ejected. Good for the ol' "Give me your weapon or I shoot the hostage." Can get trained in slyly ejecting the mag before handing it over.
If they are like the Smith & Wesson M&P40, it's only the police models that have that feature.

Afaik it's standard design. This is 20 years ago though. Been off the job ever since so I can't say with any absolutely certainty how they're made now.

Not today. Here's a page from a current Glock "INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE" manual.

P1060919.jpg

Much as I like Glocks, buy American if wanting to 'do your part.' :)

ColtRail1.jpg

I got American, Russian, Austrian, and English. Doing my part to help the Gun Family. :) Colt, in recent years, has sort of turned against the customer base that made the company successful by stating that they wouldn't sell high capacity mags to the general public. I now buy my mags from Magpul and my guns from anyone but Colt.

1) Hopefully, Mr. Glock will find a way to protect his company and his cash from any and all gold-diggers.
2) I'm sure Mr. Glock has cash stored in banks all round the globe and will be able to rebound with little effort.
3) I guess I'll have to buy another Glock (already have a second generation pistol from the late 80s) and help the company's profits a little more.
4) Even if Glock's company DID crumble as a result of a disgruntled old malcontent of an ex-wife there are enough companies making very similar guns that life would go on in the gun world. Business as usual.

Not only that but the soon to be ex Ms. Glock will also protect the golden goose.

Mr. Glock simply starts a new line of manufacturing plants; steals his talented employees from the Misses; and creates a new, improved model thus stealing the golden goose back. :)

1) Hopefully, Mr. Glock will find a way to protect his company and his cash from any and all gold-diggers.
2) I'm sure Mr. Glock has cash stored in banks all round the globe and will be able to rebound with little effort.
3) I guess I'll have to buy another Glock (already have a second generation pistol from the late 80s) and help the company's profits a little more.
4) Even if Glock's company DID crumble as a result of a disgruntled old malcontent of an ex-wife there are enough companies making very similar guns that life would go on in the gun world. Business as usual.

Not a big fan of Glocks,but I might just have to pick one up in light of this story.
Thanks for the heads up duddly....

ColtRail1.jpg
Made in USA

P1060916.jpg

Glocks are an Austrian invention. Is a difference between being an American product, and being assembled here. Lotta Japanese cars are assembled here but hardly 'American cars.'
Read on the side of the gun where it says MADE IN USA. So far, this is the only model they have that is MADE IN USA. All others will say AUSTRIA on the side.

...like this one:

P1060920.jpg

Here's the other side of the little one:

P1060921.jpg

Last edited:

ColtRail1.jpg
Made in USA

P1060916.jpg

Glocks are an Austrian invention. Is a difference between being an American product, and being assembled here. Lotta Japanese cars are assembled here but hardly 'American cars.'
Read on the side of the gun where it says MADE IN USA. So far, this is the only model they have that is MADE IN USA. All others will say AUSTRIA on the side.

...like this one:

P1060920.jpg

Have assembly plants in Hong Kong and UAE too, does the Chinese and UAE stamped versions mean you're supporting those countries? :)

Glock's an Austrian company. Having an assembly plant outside Austria doesn't make them where ever the plant is in origin. They're still Austrian.

The Ministry of Defence just recently added to the Glock family fortunes (£9m) by purchasing 25,000 units after retiring the Browning Hi-Power. A drop in the ocean, all things considered.

ColtRail1.jpg
Made in USA

P1060916.jpg

Some "American" cars are made in Mexico, some in Canada. Some "American" cars that are assembled in the USA have their engines shipped in from Mexico.

The Glock 42 is MADE IN USA.

ColtRail1.jpg
Made in USA

P1060916.jpg

Some "American" cars are made in Mexico, some in Canada. Some "American" cars that are assembled in the USA have their engines shipped in from Mexico.

The Glock 42 is MADE IN USA.

42?! Wow, has been a bit. Glock was only up to like 26 in my time.

ColtRail1.jpg
Made in USA

P1060916.jpg

...like this one:

P1060920.jpg

Have assembly plants in Hong Kong and UAE too, does the Chinese and UAE stamped versions mean you're supporting those countries? :)

Glock's an Austrian company. Having an assembly plant outside Austria doesn't make them where ever the plant is in origin. They're still Austrian.
You are a hard headed poster.

Glock 42 G42 380 Pistol GLOCK USA

Read the print above the pretty picture. The gun is made in the USA. No matter where it was designed, it was MADE IN THE USA....right here in little ole Georgia!

Never have bought a Glock. I was, however, gifted one a couple years ago by my evil red-headed stepson. It was soon after he got home from his second deployment to Afghanistan, for which he was awarded the Bronze Star.

Among the very best stock weapons. So reliable they can fire underwater (effective range just 3 feet or so but it's the thought that counts. This feature is why they're standard issue for Naval aircrews who may find themselves ditching in water.) And as idiot proof as a revolver.

I don't know where you get your info but standard issue side arm for military pilots is the M9 Beretta. I think Naval aviators can carry their own side arm but they have to pay for it themselves.

Feeling all nostalgic now. :) Was rated on the Glock 17, wanted a 22 using the 'new' .40 S&W round. Memories...(hums) :)

Rated? Are you saying you qualified in the Military on the Glock 17? I call BFS. I was a Naval small arms range instructor (0812) in the Navy and you only "qualify on standard issue weapons.

Glock was invited to participate in the XM9 Personal Defense Pistol Trials, but declined because the DOD specifications would require extensive retooling of production equipment and providing 35 test samples in an unrealistic time frame.[19]

Glock - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

*shrugs*

Honestly, I flat don't give a damn. Don't own a Glock, don't plan to get one, don't have any interest in anything Glock makes.

"Do your part - Buy a Glock"

Forget it.

Ugly, nasty, plastic pistols.
Apparently, millions disagree with you....including 2/3 of America's police departments. Some parts are composite material...to reduce the weight. The important parts are high quality steel.

I love firearms. Yet, overseas, I always get a chuckle when I think about my fellow Americans and their guns. Abroad, what will you do without one? I suggest losing some weight, getting in shape, learning some combatives, and gaining some street smarts. Hang around some black kids once in awhile. It will prep you good for downtown Bombay or Mombasa where the real fun in life takes place. Oh, read some books, like, "Shantaram." There's more to life than Six Flags and the Outdoor Channel.

Forum List

Back