Do your part - Buy a Glock

Useful feature of Glocks that make them preferred for law enforcement and security is the weapon can't fire if the magazine's ejected. Good for the ol' "Give me your weapon or I shoot the hostage." Can get trained in slyly ejecting the mag before handing it over.
Bullshit.

I own a Gen 2 Model 17 and a Gen3 Model 27 and I carry one of them daily. I am also a certified armorer.
Glock owns about 85% of the law enforcement market and about 70% of the general market. Almost everyone makes a Glock clone: Smith, Beretta, Walther.
As for "American", I guess you could also buy a SIG (made in NH), or a Beretta (made in MD, soon to be TN).
1911s suck.

It took 8 or 9 shots to by the cop in Ferguson. Mo. to bring down the "Gentile Giant" using a 9mm.

Whereas, 1.....maybe 2 shots with a .45 would have ended the thug's career. ..... :cool:

There is a story I have heard about a shooting where a guy took hits with the .45 and still managed to raise his arm with his pistol, from where he was lying on the ground, as the officer approached, the last round finally ended it...

It took 8 or 9 shots to by the cop in Ferguson. Mo. to bring down the "Gentile Giant" using a 9mm.

Whereas, 1.....maybe 2 shots with a .45 would have ended the thug's career. ..... :cool:

There is a story I have heard about a shooting where a guy took hits with the .45 and still managed to raise his arm with his pistol, from where he was lying on the ground, as the officer approached, the last round finally ended it...
Ah geez.
The .45 is not a death ray. The 9mm is not a wimp round.
Shot placement is king
Penetration is quieen,
Everything else is angels dancing on the head of a pin.

Forum List

Back